Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake - 2015 CMA Awards

RunInRed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of southern and Al connections with this, flute player is Oteil Buridge's nephew from Bham, a world class bassist who has played with many folks. From Allman Brothers to the Stones.....he played in a band with my late bro in law from Mobile named Backwater, that had some good success in the 80s and 90s. Trucks is the son of Berry Trucks from the Allman Brothers and there are vids of him playing lead with them at 13 years old. Angel From Montgomery is a classic song most female vocalist have covered at one time or another. Going around again right now.

Burbage is currently playing with Dead and Friends(or whatever it's called), with the remaining living Dead members(except Lesh) and John Mayer playing in Jerry's place.

I haven't heard any of them yet. I did go to the final Fare Thee Well show in Chicago with Trey Anastasio on guitar(in Jerry's place). He did a great job, very clean and wasn't attempting to mimic Jerry's improv style.

I never got that deep into the Dead, talent can't be denied, though...

I honestly prefer Jerry Garcia Band to the Dead, but I'm largely in the minority with that opinion.

++ although the dawg music foray was his best to me

another female voice - more in the americana vein

or

....list is growing. I'm digging all this stuff. My music tastes are all over the place. My mother is a pianist/organist, so I grew up listening to all kinds of classical music and hymns. Going to the symphony as a teenager wasn't exactly cool, but I appreciate it now. Also, coming of age in the 80's, I was completely absorbed in the hair metal scene. I fell hard into country music in the Garth Brooks era, then I found the grunge scene. Now, there's no telling what is gonna show up on my playlist. I'm trying to learn guitar, so I have a whole new appreciation for music.

That said, I really, really love music,

A lot of southern and Al connections with this, flute player is Oteil Buridge's nephew from Bham, a world class bassist who has played with many folks. From Allman Brothers to the Stones.....he played in a band with my late bro in law from Mobile named Backwater, that had some good success in the 80s and 90s. Trucks is the son of Berry Trucks from the Allman Brothers and there are vids of him playing lead with them at 13 years old. Angel From Montgomery is a classic song most female vocalist have covered at one time or another. Going around again right now.

Susan has that Bonnie Raitt cry. Soothing.

Also, I think Derek is the nephew of Butch Trucks one of the founding members of the Allman Brothers. Saw Derek perform with ABB back in the mid 90's at the Oak Mt. Amphitheater if my memory serves me correctly.

Loving this thread..........

When I was but a wee lad, Duane Allman was ripping the world apart. Some monumental jams, which you might like considering the Dead/Phish references you've made.

Trucks is simply a virtuoso. No other way to state it.

When I was but a wee lad, Duane Allman was ripping the world apart. Some monumental jams, which you might like considering the Dead/Phish references you've made.

Trucks is simply a virtuoso. No other way to state it.

Oh, I definitely appreciate the Allmans. Great music to throw on when you can't really think of anything else to listen to. Every mood is the right mood for some ABB.

Couldn't resist.

Glad you couldn't. That is awesome. The woman gives me chills. And that is a good thing.

Archived