Auburn vs Colorado - 11/17/15

kwren34

I believe they will be a tournament team this year. They have a couple of guys that are a big matchup problem with their combination of size and long range shooting ability.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard top know from year to year for many schools in BB....like AU...just about an entire new team so nothing to compare them to. Going to take a dozen or so games for us to know what AU has this year.

I was worried in the first half about the number of three's we were shooting. They were falling at the time. I just don't want to ride or die on the 3ptr. We do have guys capable of driving to score and actually a few guys that look good rebounding and putting it back.

Pearl: We're disappointed with a lost opportunity

Pearl: When you give up 91 points you can't be pleased with the defensive effort

Pearl said he's grateful for the crowd today on a Tuesday afternoon. "The Jungle was alive and well"

Pearl: We should've had more than a 4-point lead (at halftime)

Pearl: You could see how terrific a player (Tyler Harris) is. He was the best player on the floor at times

@AUBlog

Auburn's Bruce Pearl: "When you miss 23 shots in the second half…" Colorado 91-84

@AUGoldMine

This game in a shell canty was hot first half and that guy for them that's built like a linebacker was hot the ENTIRE game

Before anybody gets down. I watched this game and was impressed by our talent. Just to repeat Buffs only lost to Iowa by 6 or 7 Iowa is a top ten type team. We also have a few players out. Biggest issue that I have see is defense against the bigs. We will get better I am excited by this team and Auburn's BB future.

1rebound by Bowers. Won't win many with that.

I was only able to watch the last 15 minutes or so but in that time I only saw him once and that was missing a ft. He didn't appear to be a factor during that time span for sure. Only one game though, it's all good.

how many 3s did he hit?

I can see Bowers not getting as much playing time if Harris continues to play like he did today. May just depend on his Spencer progresses. Seemed like Spencer played a lot if minutes today. Maybe the competition from those two for playing time will raise Bowers level of play.

Match it, Tigers. I'll take 92-84. :)/>

Pretty much nailed it but wrong team.

how many 3s did he hit?

1/1 so 2/4 on the year, your hatred of an Auburn player is pathetic. Had a lot of respect for your posts, but to continually ridicule a player who is giving his best effort and doesn't meet your expectations is weak. It is sad that hoping to say, "I told you so" is more important than team success. I wish I could say what I want to say. For him to get to where he has gotten to with the upbringing he had and a chance to be an Auburn grad is a miracle already.

how many 3s did he hit?

1/1 so 2/4 on the year, your hatred of an Auburn player is pathetic. Had a lot of respect for your posts, but to continually ridicule a player who is giving his best effort and doesn't meet your expectations is weak. It is sad that hoping to say, "I told you so" is more important than team success. I wish I could say what I want to say. For him to get to where he has gotten to with the upbringing he had and a chance to be an Auburn grad is a miracle already.

This. His style of play is what he was asked to do. He was asked to lose weight, he was asked to handle the ball more, he was asked to work on his perimeter shot, Bruce has stated all of this. It's not like he's doing things against the staff, if you have a problem then attack Bruce not cim. Of course you'd look like an idiot criticizing Bruce as if he doesn't know what he's doing so passively aggressively going at cim makes it easier I suppose. He had an off game you can easily see the concept though....inside outside mismatches, spreading the floor. Also mismatch of the opposing teams defense and maybe keeping their best big men on the bench more. But hey what does Bruce know? His team doesn't listen to him

how many 3s did he hit?

I grant that Cim has not looked great so far. He has had to lose a lot of weight and change his game to fit what BP wants of him. It will take a while for him to get in the flow but there is very little doubt that as he gets used to his role and refines his game he will be an integral piece of this team and we will all be very happy he is playing for Auburn. The only legitimate complaint anybody can have for Cim is his Free Throw shooting.

This. His style of play is what he was asked to do. He was asked to lose weight, he was asked to handle the ball more, he was asked to work on his perimeter shot, Bruce has stated all of this. It's not like he's doing things against the staff, if you have a problem then attack Bruce not cim. Of course you'd look like an idiot criticizing Bruce as if he doesn't know what he's doing so passively aggressively going at cim makes it easier I suppose. He had an off game you can easily see the concept though....inside outside mismatches, spreading the floor. Also mismatch of the opposing teams defense and maybe keeping their best big men on the bench more. But hey what does Bruce know? His team doesn't listen to him

Been holding of on commenting on what I see form this team for a few games, but I will say I like what a see so far. There are more scoring threats than previous years, and there's more talent and a little more depth. AU is still going to struggle with teams with size, but Spencer and Harris are going to help with that this year.

The UAB game and this one were actually fun to watch, but what you see in both, is that AU didn't typically respond to runs with runs of their own. Basketball is a game of runs, and you have to respond with runs when the other team gets theirs. In both games, AU got runs in the first half which were met with runs by the opponents. In the second half of the Colorado game, AU never responded with a run of their own. You could feel the run Colorado would get on about the 9 minute mark, and AU never responded to that run. That almost cost them in the UAB game as well. This isn't a bad team, they are pretty good so far, but it's only game 2. There are plently of things to be decided, such as who gets more playing time and what plays get run to get certain guys certain looks. I expect the 3 ball to diminish as the season wears on as AU doesn't have a pure shooter to feed unless Canty moves to the 2 and I don't know if he will be effective there.

A little persective on this loss though. AU lost by 31 to Colorado last year on the road. It's generally accepted that home court advantage is worth 10 points, so that was effectivly a 21 point loss for AU. This was a 7 point loss at home, meaning it was effectivly a 17 point loss for AU.

how many 3s did he hit?

I think he might have been asked to lose weight so he could play at good pace more than a few minutes at a time...and of course, learning to shoot 3s would likely help him at the foul line...where he was atrocious. I'm still hoping those "side benefits" will help him and the team.... but after watching guys who played yesterday...

I wonder how much time CB will get this year....which IMO is not all bad news....an indication of the improved quality of the team because of the guys BP brought in since last season.

I think Cim is a tough player, he does lots of dirty work for AU which is needed on a team lacking size. He's probably only what? 6'5? He's a great rebounder for his size (even though against CO he didn't have his best game), especially considering his leaping ability doesn't stand out. He puts forth great effort but sometimes he gets caught in the moment and becomes like a bull in a china shop. I think he will settle down this season and learn to be a little more under control. He makes you shake your head at times but due to the position the roster is in, him playing well for us is vital IMO. His FT shooting is poor but I never expect an AU team to have good FT shooting.

Archived