Charles Kelly

RunInRed

Ohio State and the turds both have their new DC. Come on Gus/Jay!

I wonder why they filled theirs quicker? Hmmmmmmmm?

Pruitt worked there before was a natural fit....not sure about the OSU guy....

He wasn't their 1st choice from many reports.

Did their fanbase crumble when they found out they had to hire the 2nd man up?

LOL. If LT is the "2nd man up" then we haven't done our job looking hard enough.

We get it dude. You don't think very highly of LT. I don't either but Im not reiterating it twenty times in half a work day.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. If LT is the "2nd man up" then we haven't done our job looking hard enough.

We get it dude. You don't think very highly of LT. I don't either but Im not reiterating it twenty times in half a work day.

Someone gets it.

Maybe you should be....MAYBE Johnny has the secret to living a happy life and LT isn't in it :dunno:

I don't know who will be our DC. I have seen some people say LT and others say please no or we are settling if we pick him. For those that don't want LT please provide factual reasons why you don't want him. Everywhere he has been he has had the reputation of being an excellent recruiter. He was the LB coach at Bama and they produced some really great LB's. He has been a DC at UCF and they were not great defensively but he was at a school that could only recruit 2 and 3 star players and they played against schools from better conferences.

When we lost Muschamp and TRob. Garner and Thompson have apparently done a great job of communicating with the kids we are recruiting and helping keep them in the Fold. I don't know if Thompson would be a great DC a good DC or a bad DC as I haven't followed his career that closely but I would like to know why some people seem to be against Thompson becoming DC?

Some people are extremely anti LT because of his character (personality as well) which they may not believe fits the Auburn "culture". Also they have big time doubts of his coaching ability. They also may want what's best for Auburn. Thats my guess.

I too feel those reasons may be legit.

Remember when Tuberville promoted Hugh Nall from the OL coach to the OC position? It was a risk..and in the end it cost TT his job...

I dont want to guess on a DC..like the HC and OC..it is needed by someone who can plan and scheme against top SEC teams.

You want to try that with LT...against GA, Alabama...LSU...etc?

That unknown scares me....

Cole Cubelic just tweeted that the Kelly is staying put and used us as leverage. https://twitter.com/...397656085176320

Cole doesn't know that. He's just speculating (using us as leverage). Most people that know Kelly say he wouldn't do that. If he's turned us down, it wasn't to play for a raise. He genuinely considered it and FSU is doing what they have to do in a situation like this.

If this is true then Kelly is a fool. If you make $500K, and another school offers you a big raise to move, you take that offer letter back to your employer and point out to them the market has defined your value higher than the current employer does, and the current employer needs to address that.

Kelly put his hand back on the chicken switch. To make hay in the coaching profession, you have to be willing to take on bigger and better challenges, even if it means saying goodbye to a safe gig. Kelly is a little man, after all.

I read somewhere that many consider Lance Thompson a great "technique" coach, but not a good X's and O's coach....which is what we need at DC.

Some are just better coaching a position rather than working on schemes, etc.

Some people are extremely anti LT because of his character (personality as well) which they may not believe fits the Auburn "culture". Also they have big time doubts of his coaching ability. They also may want what's best for Auburn. Thats my guess.

Considering that their job(s) would be in jeopardy, I suspect anyone involved in promoting LT would also want what is best for Auburn. I also suspect that they are in a better position to make that judgment than anyone on this board.

Has LT even had experience as a DC somewhere, or has he always been a position coach? I really know nothing about him, other than he experienced divine intervention at some point and decided to leave that Turdfest across the state. I won't say anything about his character, other than I know nothing about his character. Someone smarter than me needs to provide a link to the thread when we first got him so we can go back and "research" what we learned then. Please.

Considering that their job(s) would be in jeopardy, I suspect anyone involved in promoting LT would also want what is best for Auburn. I also suspect that they are in a better position to make that judgment than anyone on this board.

That's why it may be taking so long. I don't think he gets the job.

That's why it may be taking so long. I don't think he gets the job.

He may have never been seriously considered for it. There are probably candidates in play that no one has discussed. He may also end up being the DC because those in charge felt he was best, and not because everyone else turned us down. Either way, Gus will be sticking his neck out on this one. If it works, and Auburn subsequently benefits, all will be well. If it doesn't, Gus gets fired, and we rinse/repeat this whole cycle again.

Has LT even had experience as a DC somewhere, or has he always been a position coach? I really know nothing about him, other than he experienced divine intervention at some point and decided to leave that Turdfest across the state. I won't say anything about his character, other than I know nothing about his character. Someone smarter than me needs to provide a link to the thread when we first got him so we can go back and "research" what we learned then. Please.

Thompson served as the defensive coordinator at Central Florida for three seasons (2004-06). In 2005, his unit produced a pair of All-Conference USA first team selections in defensive end Paul Carrington and cornerback Joe Burnett. The Knights also were the 2005 Conference USA Eastern Division champions. Thompson helped develop one of the nation's youngest defenses at UCF in 2004, and the group came together to hold the opposition to 21 points or fewer in three of the final four games of the season.

Gus has to get this hire right. I don't want him to rush it, and get it wrong like last year. I guess some of us want the hire now just so we can have something new to talk about. patience grasshoppers...patience

Cole Cubelic just tweeted that the Kelly is staying put and used us as leverage. https://twitter.com/...397656085176320

Hiring Muschamp was not a mistake. And that hire was definitely not rushed.

Cole doesn't know that. He's just speculating (using us as leverage). Most people that know Kelly say he wouldn't do that. If he's turned us down, it wasn't to play for a raise. He genuinely considered it and FSU is doing what they have to do in a situation like this.

If this is true then Kelly is a fool. If you make $500K, and another school offers you a big raise to move, you take that offer letter back to your employer and point out to them the market has defined your value higher than the current employer does, and the current employer needs to address that.

Kelly put his hand back on the chicken switch. To make hay in the coaching profession, you have to be willing to take on bigger and better challenges, even if it means saying goodbye to a safe gig. Kelly is a little man, after all.

Stupidest thing I've heard in a while. He could come here, do a great job and end up in a bad situation quickly due to circumstances beyond his control.

Gus has to get this hire right. I don't want him to rush it, and get it wrong like last year. I guess some of us want the hire now just so we can have something new to talk about. patience grasshoppers...patience

Stupidest thing I've heard in a while. He could come here, do a great job and end up in a bad situation quickly due to circumstances beyond his control.

Thanks....very good response to an inane comment. .

Thanks....very good response to an inane comment. .

Yep

wde

Considering some of the posts I've read today, I have a difficult time believing that was even the stupidest thing you've read all day.

post less.

The one thing I like about Coach Thompson is that the little cuss over in Druid City hired him not once but twice. Now that may have been for his recruiting prowess rather than his ability to coach. But it still speaks well of Thompson to have sbn have hire him twice.

post less.

I think I get what he's trying to say, just didn't say it right. Don't listen to War

Like Garner with his defensive linemen, Thompson didn't show much with his linebackers this year.

Linebacker play during the year improved, especially the last few games.

Archived