UA Game: AU Targets, Commits, Info, and notes

Wareagle1092

UA All-American Game: Team Armour Top Performers Day Three

— Auburn CB commit John Broussard had a good day today. He was strong in coverage, showed good balls skills, and nearly snagged an interception during goal line drills

— Auburn DE commit Marlon Davidson appeared to suffer a shoulder injury early in practice and did not return.

Top Five Offense

2. WR Eli Stove: The Auburn commit put up his best performance of the week. The 6-foot, 175-pound prospect was extremely quick in and out of his brakes.

4. QB Woody Barrett: The Auburn commit put together a second solid performance in a row. He was once again the most efficient quarterback moving the Team Armour offense. Barrett also flashed his best weapon, his ability to move the chains with his legs.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UA All-American Game: Team Armour Top Performers Day Three

— Auburn CB commit John Broussard had a good day today. He was strong in coverage, showed good balls skills, and nearly snagged an interception during goal line drills

— Auburn DE commit Marlon Davidson appeared to suffer a shoulder injury early in practice and did not return.

Top Five Offense

2. WR Eli Stove: The Auburn commit put up his best performance of the week. The 6-foot, 175-pound prospect was extremely quick in and out of his brakes.

4. QB Woody Barrett: The Auburn commit put together a second solid performance in a row. He was once again the most efficient quarterback moving the Team Armour offense. Barrett also flashed his best weapon, his ability to move the chains with his legs.

I'm excited!!!

ORLANDO, Florida - Pasco High School's Jayvaughn Myers has been quite the mystery to Auburn fans.

Myers, whose half-brother just happens to be former Auburn commitment Nate Craig-Myers (decommitted in May), has recently opened up his recruitment after decommitting from Florida back in late November.

Now with both Jayvaughn and Nate both non-committal to any one school, some believe both Dade City-raised players will make decisions based on the possibility of playing at the same school together.

Myers was quick to dismiss the notion Thursday afternoon, but said of Alabama and Auburn, the Tigers were one of his current favorite schools on his list.

The defensive back is scheduled to make an official visit to Auburn on Jan. 15th.

"Alabama not so much. I'm not really looking at Alabama like that, but Auburn yeah," Myers said. "(Auburn) is pretty high up there. I don't have a top five or anything, but I have favorites. Not really favorites, but considering on taking an official there."

Hearing that Auburn is currently high on Myers' list is a good thing to hear for Tigers' fans, as Nate Craig-Myers also has kept Gus Malzhan's program high on his choices.

Myers was one of many Auburn recruits that kept a close eye on Wednesday's Birmingham Bowl, in which the Tigers upended Memphis 31-10.

The 15th ranked cornerback in the nation, according to Rivals.com, said he sees himself as a good fit in Auburn's defensive scheme.

The news of Auburn hiring Kevin Steele as defensive coordinator was welcomed by recruits.

Auburn commits Marlon Davidson, Tre Threat and John Broussard were all recruited by Steele when he spent the last year as LSU's defensive coordinator. So was Ben Davis, the uncommitted five-star linebacker from Gordo who has an official visit to Auburn in January.

"I think that's it's a great hire," Davis said Thursday at Under Armour All-America media day.

"Him going there really boosts Auburn up for me as far as my recruitment goes. I can't wait to get over there for my official."

Davidson, a defensive end from Greenville, liked LSU because of Steele and assistant Ed Orgeron. He took an unofficial visit to Baton Rouge for a game last season, but has signed his financial aid papers and will start at Auburn on Jan. 4.

"To me, it's a great pickup," Davidson said. "The way he coaches is great. He's a laid-back type of guy. He actually knows how to get the job done without raising his voice."

Broussard, a defensive back from Central-Phenix City and Threat, a linebacker from Spanish Fort, are also early enrollees.

"He recruited me at LSU and that's why LSU was high on my list," Broussard said. "It was just a great hire for Auburn.

"He's very cool and laid back. He's easy to talk to, but I also know he can get the job done."

Threat will play middle linebacker or weak side linebacker for Steele at Auburn.

"It was a great pickup," Threat said. "I'm glad we got him. I had a great relationship with Coach Steele since he recruited me from LSU. I know his defense and I'm really excited to get a chance to get to play for him."

"To me, it's a great pickup," Davidson said. "The way he coaches is great. He's a laid-back type of guy. He actually knows how to get the job done without raising his voice."

Sounds like a shot at Champ

I sense a rumbling a coming on the Plains........

Also sounds like Ellis Johnson.

Also sounds like Ellis Johnson.

I much prefer the Steele/Johnson type of coaching over Coach Hothead. I hope he's embarrassed us for the last time. From now on let him be on somebody else's sideline when he gets all bug-eyed and out of control.

Muschamp's players LOVE him. Let's not pretend we're upgrading in that department.

Beat me to it

Perhaps they do. When I was a player I didn't like or respond well to that type of coaching. When I was coaching I didn't coach that way. Regardless of what the players do or don't like, I'm glad Coach Hothead is gone from the AU sidelines.

Muschamp's players LOVE him. Let's not pretend we're upgrading in that department.

Beat me to it

Perhaps they do. When I was a player I didn't like or respond well to that type of coaching. When I was coaching I didn't coach that way. Regardless of what the players do or don't like, I'm glad Coach Hothead is gone from the AU sidelines.

i love it but it could ruin a few kids. I think coward has those type issues with hard coaching. At least it seemed like it early.

Beat me to it

I'll be the first to say that I didn't respond well to it either. With any coach, hot or not, it comes down to whether or not the player believes that his coach will fight for him at the end of the day. At least from Muschamp, I got the feeling that he is the type of guy who his players believe will fight for them. I'm not necessarily glad to see him go, but we are going to be just fine without him.

That's the way garner coaches so guys under him regardless if they didn't like muschamp style or not they will still get it. If the players love and respond to it that should be what matters. I didn't ever have a problem with it myself

That's the way garner coaches so guys under him regardless if they didn't like muschamp style or not they will still get it. If the players love and respond to it that should be what matters. I didn't ever have a problem with it myself

i think few do have a problem with it. It is those few you must identify and handle a little bit different.

Well I'll be at the game. It's a little chilly down here 63 degrees

Cry me a river. Have fun at the game, though.

Hand out some 100 dollar handshakes..lol

Serious question: why would any big time TE want to come to Auburn? (Landon Rice). We don't utilize one enough.

I'm hoping he wants to play d end

Serious question: why would any big time TE want to come to Auburn? (Landon Rice). We don't utilize one enough.

I thought we utilized CJ Uzomah fairly well.

Nope... Gus admittantly said he underutilized Uzomah.

And, not one pass was attempted to a TE this season... (Harris or Laye).

Archived