UA Game: AU Targets, Commits, Info, and notes

Wareagle1092

I think Arky's two TE's had around 80 more catches than our two TE's did this year. I'm hoping Offensive staff has a good evaluation (maybe from outside) of their job in 2015 season before Spring. It just didn't seem to me that they were putting our guys in the best position to be successful this year much of the time. I do support these guys. I just think they can do better and I suspect they think so too.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp's players LOVE him. Let's not pretend we're upgrading in that department.

Beat me to it

Perhaps they do. When I was a player I didn't like or respond well to that type of coaching. When I was coaching I didn't coach that way. Regardless of what the players do or don't like, I'm glad Coach Hothead is gone from the AU sidelines.

I'm going to miss the hell out of his fire but at least I'll never have to wonder when he's leaving again.

Muschamp's players LOVE him. Let's not pretend we're upgrading in that department.

Beat me to it

Perhaps they do. When I was a player I didn't like or respond well to that type of coaching. When I was coaching I didn't coach that way. Regardless of what the players do or don't like, I'm glad Coach Hothead is gone from the AU sidelines.

I'm going to miss the hell out of his fire but at least I'll never have to wonder when he's leaving again.

If we get Greene, there wwil be lots of fire...

TEAM HIGHLIGHT

TE Landon Rice (Auburn commit), 1 catch, 7 yards, 1 tackle

DT Rashan Gary (Auburn, Alabama target), 6 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 3 sacks (Highlight team MVP)

DL Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit), 5 tacklesL), 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 pass breakup

LB Ben Davis (Alabama, Auburn target), 3 tackles, 1 TFL

DB John Broussard (Auburn commit), 1 tackle

TEAM ARMOUR

QB Woody Barrett (Auburn commit), 1-3, (-1 yards), 6 carries, (-12 yards)

WR Nate Craig-Myers (Auburn target), 1 catch, 18 yards

LB Tre Threat (Auburn commit), 4 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 pass breakup

DB Jayvaughn Myers (Auburn target), 1 tackle

DT Michail Carter (Alabama target), 1 tackle

Maybe an off weekend but Barrett wasn't lighting it up.

It is hard to light it up when there is no blocking. Did escape a few times showing he has good feet.

That won't be the last time that Rice and Wilson lock up. They will play against each other in the future. I'm sure that Land on already had a bad taste in his mouth for Wilson. War Eagle Landon!!

Woody Barrett to Eli Stove

https://instagram.com/p/_4kw9VDE4_/

Hit the receiver in stride. To many times this year and last year even when we completed passes we didn't hit them in stride. When you hit a receiver in stride he has a chance to turn a routine pass into a big play. When he has to stop to catch it big play is gone. There are times plays are called where you want a receiver to sit down in a zone to complete a pass and move the chains but this year I saw to many balls that were slightly behind receivers making them slow down or stop to catch the ball.

Wonder how the drops also contributed to this phenomenon?

He's lucky he did not get killed. Also his teammate WO Eddie McDoom was on the other team weird how they had the squads set up

I saw that McDoom is committed to Oregon.

Woody Barrett to Eli Stove

https://instagram.com/p/_4kw9VDE4_/

Hit the receiver in stride. To many times this year and last year even when we completed passes we didn't hit them in stride. When you hit a receiver in stride he has a chance to turn a routine pass into a big play. When he has to stop to catch it big play is gone. There are times plays are called where you want a receiver to sit down in a zone to complete a pass and move the chains but this year I saw to many balls that were slightly behind receivers making them slow down or stop to catch the ball.

Wonder how the drops also contributed to this phenomenon?

They don't.

They said Barrett had good footwork and a cannon for an arm but accuracy was off. There are times when he hits guy spot on though.

I'm curious if, like Marshall, he either throws it to the right guy or nobody at all. I complained about Marshall's accuracy for all of both years he was here, but after they backed the interception truck up to 2015, I'd take a guy chucking half his balls into the cheap seats if it meant we'd live to fight another day a little more often.

The thing about Marshall, he also made a ton of plays with his legs that should have never happened to make up for a bad pass. He also had some great passes too.

That's where Duke Williams came in. He was so good at coming back to the ball when Marshall escaped pocket to buy time.

The thing about Marshall, he also made a ton of plays with his legs that should have never happened to make up for a bad pass. He also had some great passes too.

Well, yeah. I'd say that the play at the :42 mark below summarizes Good Nick Marshall in his entirety. And I'm on record ad nauseam as an avid Nick Marshall fan. Doesn't change the fact that he badly missed a lot of easy throws while at Auburn.

Thing is, a different kind of quarterback- along with several other variables, because football is coached by several people and played with 11 a side over the course of a long season during which myriad changes to the roster can occur through injury or misdeed- can overcome a relative lack of mobility with consistently accurate passing.

Warning: Might make you cry while longing for the green, green pastures of days gone by.

Well, yeah. I'd say that the play at the :42 mark below summarizes Good Nick Marshall in his entirety. And I'm on record ad nauseam as an avid Nick Marshall fan. Doesn't change the fact that he badly missed a lot of easy throws while at Auburn.

Thing is, a different kind of quarterback- along with several other variables, because football is coached by several people and played with 11 a side over the course of a long season during which myriad changes to the roster can occur through injury or misdeed- can overcome a relative lack of mobility with consistently accurate passing.

Warning: Might make you cry while longing for the green, green pastures of days gone by.

The play you mentioned at :42 seconds was gorgeous. Throw was right on the money on the run.

I didn't appreciate Nick enough when he was here....And I loved him. Now he plays corner in the NFL and gets legit playing time....he's a different level of athlete

I didn't appreciate Nick enough when he was here....And I loved him. Now he plays corner in the NFL and gets legit playing time....he's a different level of athlete

He was an athlete playing QB - he was never gonna be the complete package and have accuracy like Manning. I too appreciate him even more now - particularly his leadership and heart. Apparently JJ missed on learning that while waiting to become the man.

And he's one of those guys who never looks like he's trying that hard. It's like he's got a gigabit connection from his eyeballs to his muscles and the rest of us are on dialup. Oh, and to keep it nerdy, it helps that his muscles are dual core xenon processors and he's got 8 GB of memory while...

Ugh. I'm so ashamed.

Archived