**Official** New Auburn OL coach Herb Hand

doc4aday

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB Grimes did a good job and earned my respect because I thought he was the weak link (along with Fountain) on the O staff when he was hired and he proved me wrong. I would have been fine with Grimes staying but he chose to leave. That being posted, Herb Hand is the guy I wanted as OL coach when Gus was hired and was disappointed when he turned Gus down in 2013,

wde

The only way Coach Hand becomes a Co-OC is if Lashlee or Craig left or had duties taken away. You don't normally see 3 Co-OC's.

Also, what is this small rumor that Lashlee may actually be moving on or something??

JB Grimes did a good job and earned my respect because I thought he was the weak link (along with Fountain) on the O staff when he was hired and he proved me wrong. I would have been fine with Grimes staying but he chose to leave. That being posted, Herb Hand is the guy I wanted as OL coach when Gus was hired and was disappointed when he turned Gus down in 2013,

wde

Agreed on Grimes. He proved to be one heck of a coach. I hope Gus believes Hand will be as good. Hard to replace a guy that is consistently placing guys in the first round.

Well while Penn State's OL stats looks atrocious, the PSU writers said Hand was in a terrible position last year and shouldn't be at fault. As said earlier, this year they had to do some shuffling and move DL to OL, plus injuries. Add that with an inconsistent WR core like PSU seemed to have and you'll have a crap offense.

FWIW, O'Brien left them with little to nothing on the OL. Hand had to convert two defensive linemen in 2014 to offensive linemen just to get by. He did sign two 4-star OL in the 2015 class but obviously those guys would have been true freshmen this past season.

The OL that Hand had to work with at penn St was as bad as it gets. D2 bad. I'm not a huge sunshine guy with Gus but the Hand & McGriff hires are strong.

And if I'm Rhette I'm worried. Hand wil step in and do most of the game day planning with Gus.

I keep hearing Rhett is likely to move on. But we'll see.

If so, will we get a QB coach or possibly a WR coach if Craig takes over QB responsibilities?

Clemson just scored 40 points in the NC game with five OL starters that were all new at the start of this season. Maybe Coach Hand can get us there with our experienced guys. Welcome and War Eagle!

Clemson just scored 40 points in the NC game with five OL starters that were all new at the start of this season. Maybe Coach Hand can get us there with our experienced guys. Welcome and War Eagle!

Give him Watson, and maybe so.

Well while Penn State's OL stats looks atrocious, the PSU writers said Hand was in a terrible position last year and shouldn't be at fault. As said earlier, this year they had to do some shuffling and move DL to OL, plus injuries. Add that with an inconsistent WR core like PSU seemed to have and you'll have a crap offense.

FWIW, O'Brien left them with little to nothing on the OL. Hand had to convert two defensive linemen in 2014 to offensive linemen just to get by. He did sign two 4-star OL in the 2015 class but obviously those guys would have been true freshmen this past season.

The OL that Hand had to work with at penn St was as bad as it gets. D2 bad. I'm not a huge sunshine guy with Gus but the Hand & McGriff hires are strong.

And if I'm Rhette I'm worried. Hand wil step in and do most of the game day planning with Gus.

If so, will we get a QB coach or possibly a WR coach if Craig takes over QB responsibilities?

Mentioned it earlier, but it seems the most likely scenario is Craig taking over QB responsibilities and bringing in another WR coach.

Mentioned it earlier, but it seems the most likely scenario is Craig taking over QB responsibilities and bringing in another WR coach.

I wonder if we will see something similar like at Ole Miss. Two Co-OC's. Or does Craig get promoted to OC/QB?

Craig is already a Co-OC. He'd just be trading WR responsibilities for QB ones. No idea if Gus wants Hand to be a Co-OC or not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Give him Watson, and maybe so.

Yep....that young OL did pretty well but Watson was the difference maker. About all of the offense for Clemson was generated by Watson's arm or legs.

Some of the PSU FB comments:

image1_6.jpg

image2_6_Copy.jpg

Kind of reminds me of bammer fans! I do not think for one minute that Hand is a bad coach. I think this hire could be the missing piece of the puzzle that is needed to get our offense back to being a lethal weapon that can shoot down even the toughest of defenses in the SEC.

Typical AUfamily quote. If others don't approve then they are like bammer fans. Nevermind the fact that Penn State really doesn't give a crap about Auburn.

I liked that walk-on WR. Dude ran good routes and had great hands. We need some of those.

We need a QB like Watson.

I actually think Narcisse could be just as good. If he sticks with Auburn that would be good.

Craig is already a Co-OC. He'd just be trading WR responsibilities for QB ones. No idea if Gus wants Hand to be a Co-OC or not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

DC will be coaching JF3.

!!!!

I liked that walk-on WR. Dude ran good routes and had great hands. We need some of those.

Sure -- would take all of those we could get.

I actually think Narcisse could be just as good. If he sticks with Auburn that would be good.

Agree. But that won't help us in 2016.

You mean a Heisman caliber QB? I'm pretty sure most teams would take that.

Yep....but looks like there is only one of those right now and Clemson has him.....4000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing.....the ideal D-T quarterback.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Man not too many reactions to this, but that's pretty damn big

Archived