2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

I still think with 5 on the roster, we're better off using the spot for a linebacker.

Not if Gus does not believe in those 5 which is very possible. Gus's O needs a QB to make it go & Gus needs it to go now cuz if it doesn't get at least 9 wins then....He Gone!

IF SW is going to be the guy, he might benefit from another year of eating steaks and potatoes, working out, and watching someone with experience take some snaps.

I agree with some others in that GM and crew are interested or there would be no OV.

Sean still has 3 years of eligibility, we could feasibly have a rock-star offense (assuming Webb comes on-board) every year until 2020 just going off of the current roster. Webb, JF3, White, Queen(?), Barrett...

And I for one appreciate what Sean tried to do this year, but I agree, he needs to grow a little more.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense tiger88, it just seems that topics go sideways very easy these days and when you come to check for information and find several pages of nonsense, it's frustrating. Maybe a thread should be started to talk about any and everything else. Oh, and BTW...you can keep Christ name out of it. Show some respect. That's all.

White has had injury issues

One knee injury is not "injury issues"

Queen from what I've heard didn't come off surgery well

This is the first I've heard of this. Care to elaborate?

It really feels like some of the posters here want to cut Jeremy, Sean, and Tyler and replace them with 3 transfers.

I admit that I've personally cut JJ out, but it's not up to me and if he can over come I think it would be one of the greatest stories....

SW I'm more apt to give a chance but I haven't been impressed enough that I'll tell people not to worry about anything

No offense tiger88, it just seems that topics go sideways very easy these days and when you come to check for information and find several pages of nonsense, it's frustrating. Maybe a thread should be started to talk about any and everything else. Oh, and BTW...you can keep Christ name out of it. Show some respect. That's all.

Well how off tangent has this went, actually found out some good stuff here and it's still pertaining to the qb's. It's not as if now you can't get info because a side discussion has come up. I'm sure if there was anything new somebody would post it

JJ isn't there mentally

JF3 is small and raw

Barrett is a freshmen and raw

Somebody's been reading my posts on other boards haven't they. :)/>

Some version of that assessment of each QB has been posted multiple times by multiple posters on this forum going back weeks.

It really feels like some of the posters here want to cut Jeremy, Sean, and Tyler and replace them with 3 transfers.

No, we just don't think they should be Auburn's starting quarterback if they're not ready.

I imagine everyone on the coaching staff agrees.

I still think one of them already showed us that, when he's healthy, he's ready. Another hasn't even had a chance to show us anything. The third has issues, but he also has as much raw talent as any QB that's gotten a "will he transfer" thread, he just needs to fix his head.

I don't know about you, but if I was one of those guys and my coach brought in not one, but two transfers, and one of those transfers was a pure passer and only had a year left, that would tell me that he has no faith in me and it would make it that much harder to get to where I need to be.

Well, like you said, he's only got a year left. So even White would still have a chance of starting for 2 years after he left. And I think a deft coach could convince those guys that they need one more year of physical and mental development but that they could still be the guy.

As for JJ, let's just be honest. He likely blew his shot (he actually got several). We all want him to turn it around, but does anybody think it's probable? And comparing the film, I'm not sure he's much more physically gifted than Webb. So, all else close to equal, do we ignore a guy who's shown that he doesn't melt under the lights for a guy who has shown that there's a good chance he will?

Your opinion is a very respectable one, and I don't want to be that win at all costs fan. But in this situation, I say we take a crack at the kid if he's a decent human being and he's better than what we've got right now.

No, we just don't think they should be Auburn's starting quarterback if they're not ready.

I imagine everyone on the coaching staff agrees.

I still think one of them already showed us that, when he's healthy, he's ready. Another hasn't even had a chance to show us anything. The third has issues, but he also has as much raw talent as any QB that's gotten a "will he transfer" thread, he just needs to fix his head.

I don't know about you, but if I was one of those guys and my coach brought in not one, but two transfers, and one of those transfers was a pure passer and only had a year left, that would tell me that he has no faith in me and it would make it that much harder to get to where I need to be.

Well, like you said, he's only got a year left. So even White would still have a chance of starting for 2 years after he left. And I think a deft coach could convince those guys that they need one more year of physical and mental development but that they could still be the guy.

As for JJ, let's just be honest. He likely blew his shot (he actually got several). We all want him to turn it around, but does anybody think it's probable? And comparing the film, I'm not sure he's much more physically gifted than Webb. So, all else close to equal, do we ignore a guy who's shown that he doesn't melt under the lights for a guy who has shown that there's a good chance he will?

Your opinion is a very respectable one, and I don't want to be that win at all costs fan. But in this situation, I say we take a crack at the kid if he's a decent human being and he's better than what we've got right now.

Agree,,,,,the guy has been on the field under fire as many games and plays as about any recent AU QB. He is not a DT guy however....rushing stats look like Clint Mosley and JMO but passing stats are proportionally not any better than SW....but he might be a play-maker who was never give the chance to run the ball in the TT offense. I'm good with taking a look him.

JJ isn't there mentally

JF3 is small and raw

Some version of that assessment of each QB has been posted multiple times by multiple posters on this forum going back weeks.

Yeah. Just to be fair to myself Clayton did misinterpret. What I said on Q. I said he is coming off TJ surgery. Meaning it takes time to recover from that so we don't know when he will be competitive. I never said or implied he was not coming off surgery well.

Many posts seem to indicate that its posters who decide whose ready and whose not. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but, I dont think that's how it works. I'll also be surprised if this kid lands in Auburn. Most with one year of eligibility are looking for a sure thing. They wont find that in Auburn this year. Despite looking like we have no talent at that position, I'll be surprised if the starter comes from outside the ranks of those who were there last season. We'll see.

JJ isn't there mentally

JF3 is small and raw

Yeah. Just to be fair to myself Clayton did misinterpret. What I said on Q. I said he is coming off TJ surgery. Meaning it takes time to recover from that so we don't know when he will be competitive. I never said or implied he was not coming off surgery well.

For the record I had heard he didn't recover as well as he was supposed to.

For the record I had heard he didn't recover as well as he was supposed to.

Cool. I haven't heard anything.

It's all good. The Christ thing was a joke. You're the one who brought him into it by having him in your username. I don't apologize for the joke, it meant no disrspect to the subject.

It's all good. The Christ thing was a joke. You're the one who brought him into it by having him in your username. I don't apologize for the joke, it meant no disrspect to the subject.

Back to Webb. ;)

Just watching the first minute or so of his Freshman highlights showed me a more polished qb than Auburn had on the field this year.

Check out the throw at the 1:27 mark of the Freshman highlight tape

And better receivers!

I can put a highlight film together of JJ or SW and make it look just as good.

No you can't.. Of either one or both together in one film.

Don't get me wrong, the kid looks like a decent QB, but I still think with 5 on the roster, we're better off using the spot for a linebacker.

I would rather we go to 7, especially for Spring practice, then cull the herd. Increase the size of the pool until we can find "the" guy. There is too much at stake.

What is the history here? Started as a Freshman but what about Sophomore and Junior years? Performance declined? Injuries? Is he an early graduate with his Senior year of eligibility left? I am leery of transfer quarterbacks that weren't even starting at the school they are transferring from.

Many posts seem to indicate that its posters who decide whose ready and whose not. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but, I dont think that's how it works. I'll also be surprised if this kid lands in Auburn. Most with one year of eligibility are looking for a sure thing. They wont find that in Auburn this year. Despite looking like we have no talent at that position, I'll be surprised if the starter comes from outside the ranks of those who were there last season. We'll see.

not sure anywhere is a sure thing but you are correct, this is not.

yeah, I probably over stated a little but some situations are much closer to a sure thing than AU next year. Like AU in 2010 and 2013, or 2011 Wisconsin..not 2016 Auburn

yeah, I probably over stated a little but some situations are much closer to a sure thing than AU next year. Like AU in 2010 and 2013, or 2011 Wisconsin..not 2016 Auburn

it also depends on what the coaches tell them. reminds me of when Trickett visited after we signed Marshall.

Some of the ignorance here amazes me. If a guy can make the team better even if for one year then I want him on the team. Seems like many have either forgotten or just failed to realize that it we had atleast a game manager at qb this year there's an extreme possibility we win 5 additional games including bama.

it also depends on what the coaches tell them. reminds me of when Trickett visited after we signed Marshall.

They don't believe coaches would tell a kid he's their guy.....shhh that doesn't happen

I would be surprised if he ever visits Auburn. Colorado or some other program will snatch him up. Webb would probably be a better fit elsewhere. If TQ and either JJ or SW are gone this summer as has been hinted by some, Gus probably needs someone who can throw the ball effectively. Grad transfer might be the best option since they probably don't have as many offers.

Archived