2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's no secret that the coaches don't trust JJ. When healthy Sean has been our best guy, Queen is an unknown, woody will be a true freshman, and JF III could get taking out by a high school receiver. That basically leaves us with Sean White and a question mark in Tyler Queen. Yeah, can't say I blame the coaches at all

Well, it's no secret that the coaches don't trust JJ. When healthy Sean has been our best guy, Queen is an unknown, woody will be a true freshman, and JF III could get taking out by a high school receiver. That basically leaves us with Sean White and a question mark in Tyler Queen. Yeah, can't say I blame the coaches at all

Isn't JF3 the same size as NM was? Why is him getting hurt more of a concern after watching Marshall take shots for 2 years and get up each time?

Isn't JF3 the same size as NM was? Why is him getting hurt more of a concern after watching Marshall take shots for 2 years and get up each time?

Depends on who you ask. I've seen him listed anywhere from 190 to 250 lol. Besides, he took those shots after putting on weight

marshall was listed at 205 when he signed. He looked a lot heavier but I think he was about 210 at pro day or senior bowl. JfIII is listed at 180 I think and maybe an inch taller. Pretty good size difference it seems. Unless what I have been seeing is wrong.

I saw him listed as 185 but he looks slight. Nick had 15-20 pounds on him and was a rock. Remember plays where big uglies were hanging off him and he still go the ball off. We did not fully appreciate what we had with that kid. What a player he was. Maybe top 5 AU quarterback all time?

marshall was listed at 205 when he signed. He looked a lot heavier but I think he was about 210 at pro day or senior bowl. JfIII is listed at 180 I think and maybe an inch taller. Pretty good size difference it seems. Unless what I have been seeing is wrong.

I know I read on twitter that Allie thinks he looks bigger than that.

I saw him listed as 185 but he looks slight. Nick had 15-20 pounds on him and was a rock. Remember plays where big uglies were hanging off him and he still go the ball off. We did not fully appreciate what we had with that kid. What a player he was. Maybe top 5 AU quarterback all time?

We didn't appreciate Marshall? I've heard nothing but praise about him since he left(and while he was here), and people wanting another QB like him.

Definitely most underappreciated QB of my 20 years of watching AU. I was also guilty of this. Mainly because I kept thinking "what-if?" with him rather than just enjoying the awesomeness

We didn't appreciate Marshall? I've heard nothing but praise about him since he left(and while he was here), and people wanting another QB like him.

I think he's talking about people blowing some of his mistakes out of proportion like missing wide open receivers...but boy would I take a QB group full of NM in the QB room

I heard about JJ when Marshall was playing and I also heard a lot of people complaining about Marshall's accuracy. I don't think some people realized just how great Marshall was until after JJ was screwing up. Having a calm and collected QB was definitely another aspect we didn't appreciate enough.

I think he's talking about people blowing some of his mistakes out of proportion like missing wide open receivers...but boy would I take a QB group full of NM in the QB room

That would certainly make more sense.

Ok....back to Webb.

Ok....back to Webb.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

Christ, I mean roe4christ has spoken. Lol. I love it when people demand to stay on topic, yet offer nothing to keep things on topic.

I think this guy can be our Coker! :)

JJ isn't there mentally

White has had injury issues

Queen from what I've heard didn't come off surgery well

JF3 is small and raw

Barrett is a freshmen and raw

Somebody's been reading my posts on other boards haven't they. :)

I still think with 5 on the roster, we're better off using the spot for a linebacker.

Not if Gus does not believe in those 5 which is very possible. Gus's O needs a QB to make it go & Gus needs it to go now cuz if it doesn't get at least 9 wins then....He Gone!

One knee injury is not "injury issues"

It was 2. He also injured his plant foot which was the more sever of the 2 injuries.

Gus + Coach Hand + Webb equals Replica of Tulsa offense. One can hope.

Add what could be the best WR class on paper for AU & I think that's exactly what the plan very well may be.

Gus + Coach Hand + Webb equals Replica of Tulsa offense. One can hope.

Add what could be the best WR class on paper for AU & I think that's exactly what the plan very well may be.

Make it happ'n Cap'n

I still think with 5 on the roster, we're better off using the spot for a linebacker.

Not if Gus does not believe in those 5 which is very possible. Gus's O needs a QB to make it go & Gus needs it to go now cuz if it doesn't get at least 9 wins then....He Gone!

IF SW is going to be the guy, he might benefit from another year of eating steaks and potatoes, working out, and watching someone with experience take some snaps.

I agree with some others in that GM and crew are interested or there would be no OV.

JJ isn't there mentally

Queen from what I've heard didn't come off surgery well

JF3 is small and raw

Barrett is a freshmen and raw

Somebody's been reading my posts on other boards haven't they. :)/>

I don't frequent the Rant too often. About once a month usually. Too much ignorance and doom and gloom for me.

Archived