2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news. The recent trend was Martell to Cal, but we needed him to end up at OSU to possibly push Mond to AU if he wasn't sticking with BU. So Webb to Cal helps.

This is good news. The recent trend was Martell to Cal, but we needed him to end up at OSU to possibly push Mond to AU if he wasn't sticking with BU. So Webb to Cal helps.

Not really. Webb will be gone by the time Martell would see the field anyway.

I don't think a transfer with one year of eligibility will make a difference with Martell..right?

Headed to Cal

don't understand our decision not to pursue this guy

Did we decide not to pursue him or did he not show any interest in Auburn?

Headed to Cal

Good question. I am not sure, but I thought we stopped pursuing him, but maybe that as a wrong assumption.

Headed to Cal

He had definite interest at one point as show by him saying 2 different times he planned to OV AU.

Headed to Cal

He had definite interest at one point as show by him saying 2 different times he planned to OV AU.

Didn't he 'commit' to Colorado too?

Headed to Cal

Didn't he 'commit' to Colorado too?

Yes but that was old news. The Cal commit trumped it.

We were willing to pay for an official visit from him and he never came? That sounds like he lost interest in us, not vice-versa. If he does stick with his commitment to Cal, Berkley will educate him in areas that AU couldn't have. That place is bizarre!

We were willing to pay for an official visit from him and he never came? That sounds like he lost interest in us, not vice-versa. If he does stick with his commitment to Cal, Berkley will educate him in areas that AU couldn't have. That place is bizarre!

He spurned Colorado for the Bay Area. Young Davis possibly has a type. Dude might be yelling "Puff puff give" to his center at the LoS. All kidding aside, he'll have a blast out there and be at a great school. Would've loved to have had him in O&B, oh well.

He spurned Colorado for the Bay Area. Young Davis possibly has a type. Dude might be yelling "Puff puff give" to his center at the LoS. All kidding aside, he'll have a blast out there and be at a great school. Would've loved to have had him in O&B, oh well.

I am sure he will have a blast in a city that could care less about college football.

He has already signed per his dad on twitter yesterday.

On the interest, I think there was some on both sides but I think he was more interested than AU in the end. You gotta think that if AU pressed to get him here for an OV he would take it. I think AU backed off as another poster said earlier.

I am sure he will have a blast in a city that could care less about college football.

Still a great area to be in though. Been there & loved it. Get out of the city areas of Oakland & San Fran & people on here would be surprised how nice it is IMO.

I wouldn't go that far. Cal and Stanford have a pretty solid rivalry (remember The Play?). They've both got some tradition and have put a ton of guys in the NFL, although Stanford probably has more of both. They're not in the same city, but they're only 40 miles from each other and they're both on the Bay. The local pro teams definitely rule the landscape but I think there's still some love for the big college football programs.

That all said, I bet right, he'll enjoy living without the ridiculous scrutiny that kids get subjected here and in some other areas.

I wouldn't go that far. Cal and Stanford have a pretty solid rivalry (remember The Play?). They've both got some tradition and have put a ton of guys in the NFL, although Stanford probably has more of both. They're not in the same city, but they're only 40 miles from each other and they're both on the Bay. The local pro teams definitely rule the landscape but I think there's still some love for the big college football programs.

That all said, I bet right, he'll enjoy living without the ridiculous scrutiny that kids get subjected here and in some other areas.

The area is a heavy pro though. I knew more about the PAC 12 than my sports friends there & I don't watch the PAC 12 unless it's a top 10 match up, affects AU, or an upset of Oregon or SC is a brewing.

The area is a heavy pro though. I knew more about the PAC 12 than my sports friends there & I don't watch the PAC 12 unless it's a top 10 match up, affects AU, or an upset of Oregon or SC is a brewing.

Oh, no doubt. Like I said, the pro teams definitely rule the landscape. Just pointing out that it's a stretch IMO to say that there's no interest in college ball in the area. In other words, just being argumentative for the heck of it. Thaitopher's used to that from me :)

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2016 at 9:28 AM, ellitor said:

He has already signed per his dad on twitter yesterday.

On the interest, I think there was some on both sides but I think he was more interested than AU in the end. You gotta think that if AU pressed to get him here for an OV he would take it. I think AU backed off as another poster said earlier.

Wistfully thought of this thread as I watched Webb and Cal put up 51 points last night. 

11 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Wistfully thought of this thread as I watched Webb and Cal put up 51 points last night. 

Look good but Hawaii is god awful this year.....imo

Archived