2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

We don't have a situation at QB. Most power 5 teams don't have anybody as good as Sean White or Tyler Queen. Just because we were successful with Nick Marshall doesn't mean we need a Nick Marshall to be successful.

I think one of the few remaining scholarships can be better spent on some other position. A senior transfer is a band-aid and we don't need a band-aid.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have a situation at QB. Most power 5 teams don't have anybody as good as Sean White or Tyler Queen. Just because we were successful with Nick Marshall doesn't mean we need a Nick Marshall to be successful.

I think one of the few remaining scholarships can be better spent on some other position. A senior transfer is a band-aid and we don't need a band-aid.

If that Band-Aid could take us to the SEC Championship and maybe a National Championship in 2016,then I'm all for it and will worry about 2017 when it gets here.Winning can take care of a lot things.Such as Gus's job.

If that Band-Aid could take us to the SEC Championship and maybe a National Championship in 2016,then I'm all for it and will worry about 2017 when it gets here.Winning can take care of a lot things.Such as Gus's job.

What is there anywhere in Webb's past that would indicate he could take us to a county championship, let alone an SEC or National Championship? This guy ain't no Russell who actually had accomplished something before transferring because of baseball. Webb is a bigger question mark than Tyler Queen's elbow surgery.

If we take him that's why. Gus knows he has to win at least 9 to keep his job. If he takes Davis that means he ain't confident in any of the other 5 to save his job for a year.

I tried this argument last week, Mikey... they weren't having any of it.

If we take him that's why. Gus knows he has to win at least 9 to keep his job. If he takes Davis that means he ain't confident in any of the other 5 to save his job for a year.

If Gus needs to get 9 wins with arguably the toughest schedule in the country to keep his job, then Gus isn't the one who needs to be replaced, those making that call are.

There is no set # of wins. The way we play will matter more than a win total.

Obviously kids are still sold on his ability. Bama took Coker last year, and Sims got them to the playoffs.

Definitive statements, especially when you know some people rely on what you say is being irresponsible IMO.

If Gus needs to get 9 wins with arguably the toughest schedule in the country to keep his job, then Gus isn't the one who needs to be replaced, those making that call are.

I was counting the bowl game in the 9 he needs to get. And those making calls have always needed replacing but those in the Good Ol' Boy network aren't going anywhere anytime soon. And if JJ is ever let go it does not relieve the sitch much if at all.

I was counting the bowl game in the 9 he needs to get. And those making calls have always needed replacing but those in the Good Ol' Boy network aren't going anywhere anytime soon. And if JJ is ever let go it does not relieve the sitch much if at all.

Oh, I'm with you there... Jacobs is just a yes man in the big picture when it comes to football.

What is there anywhere in Webb's past that would indicate he could take us to a county championship, let alone an SEC or National Championship? This guy ain't no Russell who actually had accomplished something before transferring because of baseball. Webb is a bigger question mark than Tyler Queen's elbow surgery.

Is there any indication that our current QBs can take us there? I am all for Webb coming in and competing for the starting QB position. I imagine the coaches feel the same way too.

I was counting the bowl game in the 9 he needs to get.

Yep. I'm counting ULM and Alabama A&M as sure-wins. TAMU, the Arkansas teams, MSU and Vandy are absolute must-wins, and we need to take one of the big five, then win a bowl game.

With Barber and both OTs leaving, is that a within reach task? Hopefully Jovon, Roc, and Kerryon, along with our potentially loaded DL, can propel us to the 9-4 mark.

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever how good of a college quarterback Tyler Queen will be. Nobody does.

And Sean White has a whopping 4 starts under his belt. Webb has over a season more experience and a couple years' (and 5 inches/20-30 lbs) more physical maturity than Sean. A band aid might be exactly what we need.

Was not saying he can take us to any championship,that is why I said IF.I'm a big fan of Sean's and think he can win a lot of games maybe even championships.But If Gus and co. want to bring him in there must be a reason and I don't see where it could hurt.

Some think we would be wasting a schollie with Webb but Gus is a smart guy. It might be a waste to bring in a long shot recruit for 5 years who may never see the field and we have a few of those. But one year for a very experienced guy. Also a strong chance that our third QB after spring will transfer so this scholarship shouldn't cost us anything against the 25 limit or the 85 total. A win win, but I still think it's a slim chance that he evens visits AU. We'll see.

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever how good of a college quarterback Tyler Queen will be. Nobody does.

And Sean White has a whopping 4 starts under his belt. Webb has over a season more experience and a couple years' (and 5 inches/20-30 lbs) more physical maturity than Sean. A band aid might be exactly what we need.

I told you all but nobody wants to believe me, Mikey wants SW to be the qb, any threat of him not being it will not get any support from Mikey. It could be cam coming from blinn college and Russell Wilson transferring in, Mikey wouldn't want either.

I told you all but nobody wants to believe me, Mikey wants SW to be the qb, any threat of him not being it will not get any support from Mikey. It could be cam coming from blinn college and Russell Wilson transferring in, Mikey wouldn't want either.

Don't think that's a fair characterization of Mikey's view. After all, he does mention TQ.

Don't think that's a fair characterization of Mikey's view. After all, he does mention TQ.

That's cool but EVERY post about a qb coming in and playing Mikey haven't seen them being able to contribute. And he gets upset if you question SW being a great qb, or calling him average....

Most power 5 teams don't have a qb as good as SW or queen? Lol. And when did queen become so good?

When I watched him run the team last A-day.

I don't think any qb has looked bad during a day....If nothing else we should've learned from last season waiting until a qb actually plays good before we say they are good. But maybe me is...But him being better than most other schools qb from an a day game is pushing it imo

I don't think any qb has looked bad during a day....If nothing else we should've learned from last season waiting until a qb actually plays good before we say they are good. But maybe me is...But him being better than most other schools qb from an a day game is pushing it imo

Agree that caution is in order after this past season. Also agree with Mikey that TQ looked great last A Day. That's part of why I asked about his recovery in the FB board.

I haven't got the answer regarding our next QB, but I'm not ready to count Queen out.

Some think we would be wasting a schollie with Webb but Gus is a smart guy. It might be a waste to bring in a long shot recruit for 5 years who may never see the field and we have a few of those. But one year for a very experienced guy. Also a strong chance that our third QB after spring will transfer so this scholarship shouldn't cost us anything against the 25 limit or the 85 total. A win win, but I still think it's a slim chance that he evens visits AU. We'll see.

Webb would count to the 25 regardless but yes the difference on the 85 would be neglegible.

I really see no negative at all to signing this guy, so I'm not entirely sure what the discussion is all about. Let's reel him in.

The negative is that we have 6 spots left and bigger needs.

I really see no negative at all to signing this guy, so I'm not entirely sure what the discussion is all about. Let's reel him in.

The negative is that we have 6 spots left and bigger needs.

7 if we don't take a transfer. & no need is bigger for Gus than winning THIS YEAR & no position is more iumportant for getting that done than high quality QB play.

Archived