2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

Well he wouldn't exactly be breaking up any "great chemistry" in our QB pool (see this board's common response to the thought of N.C. State transfer Russell Wilson being introduced into the Kyle Frazier/Barrett Trotter/Clint Moseley QB competition) and with Davis coming off a 7-6 season at TT where they got wasted by LSU, he'll feel right at home. Is he worth a scholly offer for year? I say yes unless we're running short because our best scenario at other positions happens Feb 3.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like i stated on a thread if he came don't think he would start.

Why not? JJ has to turn his mind around before he can win the job.Queen is coming off Tommy John surgery. Barrett is raw & will be a freshman. JF3 is likely undersized but may still compete. At worst it would be a White, Webb, JF3 battle, at best a White Webb battle. Not saying he will but he could definitely win those. Also our O especially pass game is a lot easier to learn than TTU's was.

Don't think Webb will come anyway,but if he did i don't think Gus would start him over White maybe over JJ. Also Barret will be RS.

Barrett will not be a RS if Web were to come. Webb is eligible immediately.
but Gus has alot of faith in JJ

soccer-miss.gif

Not after the first 3 games. He only played him as much as her did cuz Sean was injured. Sean was still dinged some @ the BHam Bowl.

Lol if you throw the ball and don't run too much you look like SW. What I'm waiting for is the guy didn't beat out so and so how can he play for us

Lol if you throw the ball and don't run too much you look like SW. What I'm waiting for is the guy didn't beat out so and so how can he play for us

So then by logical deduction, anyone who can run well and throw the ball well looks like Cam Newton? Or do they look like Russell Wilson? Or are Cam Newton and Russell Wilson twins? Just playing with you. Interesting logic you have.

Edit, trying to get to 1000 posts so the next 20 posts may not be well thought out and look like S%*&.

Couldn't hurt having him come to AU. The more options the better. Would it suck for him to come to AU and ride the bench? Yeah but I don't care who's feelings get hurt as long as the best guy is out there making plays from the QB position

So a QB with basically a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and 0.2 rushing yard per carry average who rode the bench last season is our savior at QB? I guess if Gus wants to have a passing battle between him and Sean...

I just don't see wasting a roster spot on someone who's not bringing anything special to the table.

I really don't go either way in the PP v. DT argument, but I will say the more the merrier at QB. It can only be good for Gus to have many options to choose from.

So a QB with basically a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and 0.2 rushing yard per carry average who rode the bench last season is our savior at QB? I guess if Gus wants to have a passing battle between him and Sean...

I just don't see wasting a roster spot on someone who's not bringing anything special to the table.

6'5, 220, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, current coach says he has the tools to be a top 5 draft pick... As for his rushing stats, check out the :50 mark of the first video posted in the OP. Dude's got wheels. He's in an offense where the QB doesn't run the ball. I'm actually contradicting myself here a bit, because I said earlier in the thread that he seems to be totally single threat based purely on his stats. Also, he piled up a lot of stats, including 20 TDs to 9 INTs, as a true freshman despite not starting for much of the season due to a health issue in fall camp.

You're not giving this guy much of a chance based on what seems to be limited information.

Edit: He's also got one very special quality in spades compared to anybody on our roster: experience.

^Oh, and Jake Coker rode the bench, too. He's wearing one more ring than Nick Marshall is.

So? Coker had a defense.

^Oh, and Jake Coker rode the bench, too. He's wearing one more ring than Nick Marshall is.

Coker's actually wearing two more national championship rings than Nick...

But 1 less than McCarron

Touché!

Also, why wouldn't we go after Webb? We're bringing a hell of WR class if they all stick.

JJ isn't there mentally

White has had injury issues

Queen from what I've heard didn't come off surgery well

JF3 is small and raw

Barrett is a freshmen and raw

Davis has played in a prolific offense and can sling it. Sign him up.

So then by logical deduction, anyone who can run well and throw the ball well looks like Cam Newton? Or do they look like Russell Wilson? Or are Cam Newton and Russell Wilson twins? Just playing with you. Interesting logic you have.

Edit, trying to get to 1000 posts so the next 20 posts may not be well thought out and look like S%*&.

I think you missed my point. It's why I laughed

Also, why wouldn't we go after Webb? We're bringing a hell of WR class if they all stick.

JJ isn't there mentally

JF3 is small and raw

Barrett is a freshmen and raw

Davis has played in a prolific offense and can sling it. Sign him up.

I would argue, given Webb's great success during his first two years starting at QB, he is WAAAAYYYY more proven than any of the other QBs we have on the roster. I would actually expect him to be the favorite to land the starting role if he does transfer to Auburn.

Just watching the first minute or so of his Freshman highlights showed me a more polished qb than Auburn had on the field this year.

Check out the throw at the 1:27 mark of the Freshman highlight tape

And better receivers!

6'5, 220, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, current coach says he has the tools to be a top 5 draft pick... As for his rushing stats, check out the :50 mark of the first video posted in the OP. Dude's got wheels. He's in an offense where the QB doesn't run the ball. I'm actually contradicting myself here a bit, because I said earlier in the thread that he seems to be totally single threat based purely on his stats. Also, he piled up a lot of stats, including 20 TDs to 9 INTs, as a true freshman despite not starting for much of the season due to a health issue in fall camp.

You're not giving this guy much of a chance based on what seems to be limited information.

You are correct, 2 to 1. And I get that coaches like to talk kids up when they transfer, but if he was really top 5-draft potential, why did he ride the bench last year? Are they saying their current QB with the 12th best QBR in the nation is a 4th or better pick then?

Don't get me wrong, the kid looks like a decent QB, but I still think with 5 on the roster, we're better off using the spot for a linebacker.

One knee injury is not "injury issues"

This is the first I've heard of this. Care to elaborate?

It really feels like some of the posters here want to cut Jeremy, Sean, and Tyler and replace them with 3 transfers.

Just watching the first minute or so of his Freshman highlights showed me a more polished qb than Auburn had on the field this year.

Check out the throw at the 1:27 mark of the Freshman highlight tape

And better receivers!

I can put a highlight film together of JJ or SW and make it look just as good.

It really feels like some of the posters here want to cut Jeremy, Sean, and Tyler and replace them with 3 transfers.

No, we just don't think they should be Auburn's starting quarterback if they're not ready.

No, we just don't think they should be Auburn's starting quarterback if they're not ready.

I imagine everyone on the coaching staff agrees.

I still think one of them already showed us that, when he's healthy, he's ready. Another hasn't even had a chance to show us anything. The third has issues, but he also has as much raw talent as any QB that's gotten a "will he transfer" thread, he just needs to fix his head.

I don't know about you, but if I was one of those guys and my coach brought in not one, but two transfers, and one of those transfers was a pure passer and only had a year left, that would tell me that he has no faith in me and it would make it that much harder to get to where I need to be.

I imagine everyone on the coaching staff agrees.

I still think one of them already showed us that, when he's healthy, he's ready. Another hasn't even had a chance to show us anything. The third has issues, but he also has as much raw talent as any QB that's gotten a "will he transfer" thread, he just needs to fix his head.

I don't know about you, but if I was one of those guys and my coach brought in not one, but two transfers, and one of those transfers was a pure passer and only had a year left, that would tell me that he has no faith in me and it would make it that much harder to get to where I need to be.

that is how Neil Caudle and Clint Mosely felt too.

I think Davis Webb would an awesome fit for a Gus Malzahn offense. His overall stats outscores what Johnson & White did together in 2015.

Archived