2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

I say bring him on board if he indeed wants to come. Never know what might happen. Who honestly thought Cam or Nick would play as well as the did, coming in. My hope at the time was that they would play well but I never thought they would elevate AU football the way they did. Bring Davis in and give him a shot. I believe the confidence is there, the skills are there, only question is, can he pick up the Malzahn offense in a short period of time. What do we have to lose?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say bring him on board if he indeed wants to come. Never know what might happen. Who honestly thought Cam or Nick would play as well as the did, coming in. My hope at the time was that they would play well but I never thought they would elevate AU football the way they did. Bring Davis in and give him a shot. I believe the confidence is there, the skills are there, only question is, can he pick up the Malzahn offense in a short period of time. What do we have to lose?

im ok as long as coaches are real about chances. he has arm talent.

What is the history here? Started as a Freshman but what about Sophomore and Junior years? Performance declined? Injuries? Is he an early graduate with his Senior year of eligibility left? I am leery of transfer quarterbacks that weren't even starting at the school they are transferring from.

Read the article linked in the OP.

If Webb wants to come to AU,I say let him.We need the competition at QB and he looks like he is a very good passer.Who knows we might have an offense like Baylor with him at QB.Sign him up and let the best man win.

The article on the original post said that when he got sick he lost weight from 212lbs to 168lbs in three days. That's almost 15lbs a day, what did he have wrong with him?

The article on the original post said that when he got sick he lost weight from 212lbs to 168lbs in three days. That's almost 15lbs a day, what did he have wrong with him?

Thats not possible. Don't believe everything you read.

They had to remove 1 kidney, 3 lung lobes, his tonsils, appendix, and half his brain, but he indeed lost 44 pounds in 3 days.

They had to remove 1 kidney, 3 lung lobes, his tonsils, appendix, and half his brain, but he indeed lost 44 pounds in 3 days.

Lol

All you need to know is the staff is looking at him.

And that he is the reason that Baker Mayfield transferred to Oklahoma.

Actually I have to correct you here. Mayfield didn't transfer and he didn't leave the school because of Webb.

He left because tech wouldn't give him a scholarship fast enough and then reopened the starting spot for 3 other guys.

Lmbo!!

Seems like if you lost over 40 pounds in three days you would be close to death. But, I didn't go to medical school that day, so I don't know.

I don't believe dead people lose 40 pounds in 3 days....

sounds like a new diet "Dead People Diet" lose 39 pounds in 3 days

Does anyone know when is Davis Webb will be in for his visit?

The answer, if he visits, is in the first post on page 1.

As a former MD, that is impossible to lose that much weight in such a short period of time. Even if he had Ebola or other extreme diseases that involved lower GI distress, losing this much weight in 3 days just does not happen. I could see losing down to 185 pounds in this time, but this is rare. There has to be an error.

Why is competent QB play too much to ask for for us? With all the programs able to win with and get competent QB play, and considering that simple competence would've won us at last two more games, it puzzles me that we have to catch JUCO-lightning in a bottle to get even adequate play under center. The only reason I express pessimism here is because of what E said earlier in this thread.

Establishing consistency at QB should NOT be this hard.

This was a unique year. One QB that was highly thought of had a bit of a meltdown. The backup who had never played came in and showed some positive signs then got hurt and the third string QB had shoulder surgery. The Backup SW has time to heal. Third string is recovering from Shoulder surgery and should be ready to play. The original starter is still here and may recover we don't know. To be safe they are bringing in a Juco and a Freshman.

We started the season thinking we had a plethora of QB's but life threw us a curve ball. the coaches have addressed it so far going into the new year. Now it is up to coaches to coach them up and players to work hard and get ready for coming season. That's all you can do. Crying over spilt milk won't help.

Archived