Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

So they'll basically get the same thing we had: an excellent recruiter but very subpar receiver play. Good for them I guess. Hopefully we get a proven wr coach that can recruit just as well, but none of it will matter if Gus doesn't fix the other problems on the team

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC is most likely thrilled to be leaving Malzahn since it was clear Gus was never letting Rhett go. I'll be pulling for coach Craig to pull all the top WR's and other top players away from Auburn starting with the 2017 class. GO TIGERS.

Bye!!!!!!

I keep seeing that this was a lateral move, but CDC was Co-Offensive coordinator at Auburn (at least in title). I would think being just the WR coach at LSU is a demotion? I hope he got a raise, does anyone know yet?

Also, anyone see Gus going after Kodi Burns @ ASU?

This isn't just about his coaching! DC was a lifeline to a part of the state we rarely compete in with the turds. I'll never jump ship....but I have every right to be upset with this move.

Amen brother. We will hire someone that has no clue about Mobile and with DC in Baton Rouge we will get no one from there. This will hurt tremendously.

DC is most likely thrilled to be leaving Malzahn since it was clear Gus was never letting Rhett go. I'll be pulling for coach Craig to pull all the top WR's and other top players away from Auburn starting with the 2017 class. GO TIGERS.

I wish you would **** already.

This isn't just about his coaching! DC was a lifeline to a part of the state we rarely compete in with the turds. I'll never jump ship....but I have every right to be upset with this move.

That's acceptable to me. I'm not mad at people for being upset or worried. This nonsense about "this is the end of GM, I'll never support him again!" is from people that don't belong here though.

Wow. This is a new level, even for you. Now you are announcing you are hoping Craig pulls all the top players away from Auburn? Really? You are just relishing in this and everything negative that ever happens to Auburn is like Christmas to you. You've never said one thing positive about any aspect of this University, EVER. It's clear the only thing you enjoy is when Auburn fails at something. This has totally confirmed my opinion (that I've had for years) that you aren't and never have been an Auburn fan. Go pollute another board.

So your saying Lashlee is THE BEST OC/QB coach in college football. If he's that good, why hasn't another team throw a huge offer that Rhett could not turn down? because Gus told him to stay and so he has.

Our recievers dropped more than they caught. From a coaching stand point .was it a big loss? From a recruiter? Stud and a huge loss. Gus better earn that check with this one

So your saying Lashlee is THE BEST OC/QB coach in college football. If he's that good, why hasn't another team throw a huge offer that Rhett could not turn down?

Unless you have ALL the information I suggest take your toys to a new playground.

Our recievers dropped more than they caught. From a coaching stand point .was it a big loss? From a recruiter? Stud and a huge loss. Gus better earn that check with this one

Exactly.

After taking a deep breath, we are really going to miss his recruiting, that's for sure. Coaching wise, our WRs have consistently been one of our most underwhelming positions. We need to calm down and wait and see on this hire

You serious? Leave please

After taking a deep breath, we are really going to miss his recruiting, that's for sure. Coaching wise, our WRs have consistently been one of our most underwhelming positions. We need to calm down and wait and see on this hire

I'm with you from a coaching standpoint. The fact that it's DC and his recruiting ability.....different story. I hope we go 15-0 this season FWIW.

Here is a better idea. Why don't you get it through your head there is a much MUCH bigger picture to this than your narrow focus on coaching WRs.

He's not being trusted to be the OC at LSU either...or anywhere else in the entire country for that matter. Yes his recruiting loss will be hard to replace, but I'll take a top 5 position coach over a top 5 recruiter any day of the week. I personally believe he wasn't a top 75 position coach at WR, which is the same position he will hold at LSU. He's not being offered a QB position coach anywhere either, but we're supposed to make him OC right?

I didn't mention OC. Just stop.

You said you don't let him walk away. By all accounts, he would have to be given more responsibility to stay.. He was already coaching a QB...so what should we give him to "not let him walk"? Money wasn't his issue, so what do offer a guy that is already a highly paid coach for his position and isn't being sought after for anything better than his current position?

You don't let a man like this walk away. You got that part right. You don't let it reach that point, especially for a lateral move.

WarTiger, you just don't like it that I don't see everything through orange and glasses as you do. For the record, I've been an Auburn fan since I was 7 years old nack in 1967. Other than being on TV when we would play Alabama, Auburn games was only on radio.

I think you can attribute excessive drops this year to poor QB play and the sub par talent at the position.

To be fair.....not all of those drops.

I agree ....

You don't let an Auburn legend, a top 3 in the nation recruiter and a man who loves Auburn, walk. You just don't. I don't care how well he coaches WRs, he is a QB coach anyway and a darn good one, you just don't let a man like this get away.

LOL....you don't let the WR coach walk regardless of whether he can coach WRs? You're smarter than that. Here's an idea...if you are truly an "Auburn man", have had very subpar WRs while you were the WR coach, were given the opportunity this year to coach one of the QBs in spite of your lackluster WRs, maybe you don't just walk out for a lateral position because your subpar on field performance didn't earn you a giant promotion? :dunno:/>

Here is a better idea. Why don't you get it through your head there is a much MUCH bigger picture to this than your narrow focus on coaching WRs.

He's not being trusted to be the OC at LSU either...or anywhere else in the entire country for that matter. Yes his recruiting loss will be hard to replace, but I'll take a top 5 position coach over a top 5 recruiter any day of the week. I personally believe he wasn't a top 75 position coach at WR, which is the same position he will hold at LSU. He's not being offered a QB position coach anywhere either, but we're supposed to make him OC right?

I didn't mention OC. Just stop.

You said you don't let him walk away. By all accounts, he would have to be given more responsibility to stay.. He was already coaching a QB...so what should we give him to "not let him walk"? Money wasn't his issue, so what do offer a guy that is already a highly paid coach for his position and isn't being sought after for anything better than his current position?

You don't let a man like this walk away. You got that part right. You don't let it reach that point, especially for a lateral move.

So what should he have been offered?

Archived