Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

3 minutes ago

CGM: "I want to thank Dameyune for his contributions during the last three years & wish him & his family nothing but the best" Malzahn statement.

1. MTSchVzb_bigger.jpg WarEagleExtra@wareagleextra 49s50 seconds ago
    @wareagleextra "We will work quickly to search for his replacement," Malzahn on Craig statement continued

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for the repost if y'all want to delete it.

You don't let an Auburn legend, a top 3 in the nation recruiter and a man who loves Auburn, walk. You just don't. I don't care how well he coaches WRs, he is a QB coach anyway and a darn good one, you just don't let a man like this get away.

LOL....you don't let the WR coach walk regardless of whether he can coach WRs? You're smarter than that. Here's an idea...if you are truly an "Auburn man", have had very subpar WRs while you were the WR coach, were given the opportunity this year to coach one of the QBs in spite of your lackluster WRs, maybe you don't just walk out for a lateral position because your subpar on field performance didn't earn you a giant promotion? :dunno:/>

Here is a better idea. Why don't you get it through your head there is a much MUCH bigger picture to this than your narrow focus on coaching WRs.

He's not being trusted to be the OC at LSU either...or anywhere else in the entire country for that matter. Yes his recruiting loss will be hard to replace, but I'll take a top 5 position coach over a top 5 recruiter any day of the week. I personally believe he wasn't a top 75 position coach at WR, which is the same position he will hold at LSU. He's not being offered a QB position coach anywhere either, but we're supposed to make him OC right?

Just wondering....did we ever recruit any good players before CDC came to AU? Can't imagine how we ended up in two BCS championship games without him? :dunno:

I hate this. Wish he'd stay. Maybe we'll have a future shot at him. Let's hope so.

WDE

DC was one of my favorite all time AU players and was my favorite staff member. But taking a lateral move in the same division kills it for me. I don't ever want to see him wearing an AU logo again. See ya DC...

Why? The man was lied to...

Dameyune was/is wasting away as a receiver coach anyways. He was supposed to be in charge of the QB's moving forward, but at the last second it was learned that Lashlee was being retained. That pissed him off, so he left.

Gus chose to keep the waste of space in Lashlee, and let LSU grab Dameyune.

Good for DC... I'd have left too. WDE Dameyune!

Gus/Lashlee sucks!!!

I think WDE's frustrations tell us all we need to know about how this went down.

Pretty much. He's a great insider and rarely ever shows this much emotion. I was holding out hope but seeing WDE's posts...i felt it was over. Sad day

You don't let an Auburn legend, a top 3 in the nation recruiter and a man who loves Auburn, walk. You just don't. I don't care how well he coaches WRs, he is a QB coach anyway and a darn good one, you just don't let a man like this get away.

LOL....you don't let the WR coach walk regardless of whether he can coach WRs? You're smarter than that. Here's an idea...if you are truly an "Auburn man", have had very subpar WRs while you were the WR coach, were given the opportunity this year to coach one of the QBs in spite of your lackluster WRs, maybe you don't just walk out for a lateral position because your subpar on field performance didn't earn you a giant promotion? :dunno:/>

Here is a better idea. Why don't you get it through your head there is a much MUCH bigger picture to this than your narrow focus on coaching WRs.

He's not being trusted to be the OC at LSU either...or anywhere else in the entire country for that matter. Yes his recruiting loss will be hard to replace, but I'll take a top 5 position coach over a top 5 recruiter any day of the week. I personally believe he wasn't a top 75 position coach at WR, which is the same position he will hold at LSU. He's not being offered a QB position coach anywhere either, but we're supposed to make him OC right?

I didn't mention OC. Just stop.

I hate this. Wish he'd stay. Maybe we'll have a future shot at him. Let's hope so.

WDE

DC was one of my favorite all time AU players and was my favorite staff member. But taking a lateral move in the same division kills it for me. I don't ever want to see him wearing an AU logo again. See ya DC...

Why? The man was lied to...

Dameyune was/is wasting away as a receiver coach anyways. He was supposed to be in charge of the QB's moving forward, but at the last second it was learned that Lashlee was being retained. That pissed him off, so he left.

Gus chose to keep the waste of space in Lashlee, and let LSU grab Dameyune.

Good for DC... I'd have left too. WDE Dameyune!

Gus/Lashlee sucks!!!

You'll see i quickly edited...hell, I don't know how to feel. Damn.

I'm sorry folks, but anyone promoting DC's stellar WR coaching is a flat out damn fool. Our WR can't catch a cold. The man is a great recruiter and an AU legend. Hell, he is one of my all time favorite players, but you don't let the inmates run the asylum. If he made demands as has been claimed, I don't blame Gus one bit. Who can say with certainty that DC is ready to take over the reigns?

DC is most likely thrilled to be leaving Malzahn since it was clear Gus was never letting Rhett go. I'll be pulling for coach Craig to pull all the top WR's and other top players away from Auburn starting with the 2017 class. GO TIGERS.

Can we upgrade in the middle of February less than 3 weeks from Spring practice? CGM better have someone in mind and he had better get it right.

This just sucks. There is no way whoever replaces him will be an upgrade. Our coaching staff is weaker almost across the board.

I would wait to see the next hire before jumping off the ship

I didn't mention OC. Just stop.

You said you don't let him walk away. By all accounts, he would have to be given more responsibility to stay.. He was already coaching a QB...so what should we give him to "not let him walk"? Money wasn't his issue, so what do offer a guy that is already a highly paid coach for his position and isn't being sought after for anything better than his current position?

I think WDE's frustrations tell us all we need to know about how this went down.

Pretty much. He's a great insider and rarely ever shows this much emotion. I was holding out hope but seeing WDE's posts...i felt it was over. Sad day

How did FSU do without Craig? Did their program tank?

The man took a LATERAL job, coaching the SAME position group. He claims its for professional development? To move up? Sounds more like someone's ego got squashed a little and he took his toys and went home.

DC is most likely thrilled to be leaving Malzahn since it was clear Gus was never letting Rhett go. I'll be pulling for coach Craig to pull all the top WR's and other top players away from Auburn starting with the 2017 class. GO TIGERS.

Please be an LSU fan. You're no longer an AU fan so leave.

This isn't just about his coaching! DC was a lifeline to a part of the state we rarely compete in with the turds. I'll never jump ship....but I have every right to be upset with this move.

Archived