Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

If this happens Gus is stupid don't care what the Gus fan club has to say about it either

Agree. Even if this doesn't happen i will not be pleased with Gus b/c it shouldn't have gotten to this point. It's a bad look for AU and fans will have no mercy on Gus this season. The fact that CDC is even interested and engaging the opportunity pisses me off. I get other schools are going to come after CDC b/c they'd be crazy not to but this is our freaking rival and a lateral move at that. A school like LSU calls you hang up the freaking phone. Clear sign to me that everything isn't "gucci" with Gus and/or the situation.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, guys, guys.... This COULD be bad. Let it play out. Maybe with the offer given this will force Gus' hand. Maybe he has been looking for a way to slide Rhett out and now he will have to pull the trigger. I know, lots of maybes.... lol

As far as i'm concerned even if he doesn't go we still have a major issue. It will only be a delayed decision by CDC if the situation doesn't change.

Gus is a damn joke... I knew it was a bad idea that he be hired.

And for all you that say Bo, and Coach Sullivan hired him... you're a damn fool! This was Jay Jacobs hire! This is who he wanted from the get go. It was his decision, and his desicion alone! Jay just brought along two of AU's most beloved alumni, to save his ass from another stupid decision! He needs to be fired immediately!

Gus was nowhere near being ready enough to be a head coach in the sec. This job has eaten him alive... and now he will probably be gone after next season.

The only way Gus has had any success, is by one fluke of a season!

He's a damn idiot for bringing Lashlee along for this train wreck! Lashlee is a joke. His experience of being a damn JV qb for Gus, and Gus' loyalty to him, will cost him his job! Lashlee is dead weight. He does absolutely NOTHING! I've seen it during practices, time and time again... NOTHING!

And now we're keeping this POS, and letting one of the best QB coaches in the country (let alone our best recruiter) go...

Fire Gus today! I really wouldn't care. He's not a good coach, and he has taken us to the cellar of the sec west!

Our athletic department will never live up to its potential unless we get rid of the homeboy-stooge, Jay Jacobs!

Expectation was Lashlee leaving for another school. He interviewed but no offers. After NSD with no offers for Lashlee Gus decides to keep status quo. Craig is upset for various reasons and decides to leave. Gus by not pleading with him to stay actually thinks that is best for the program. If Craig leaves Gus will hire someone he trusts.

I actually think this is pretty close to right -- which explains why most folks are upset about CDC leaving.

I asked previously but no one has answered yet. Exactly what was Gus supposed to do to get DC to stay?

I'm not an insider, so I am just putting two and two together. But if I'm CDC, and I've been feeling under-utilized and under-appreciated for anything other than my recruiting, I might go talk with Gus and ask for a larger role in the offense. I'm not going as far as to say that CDC gave Gus an ultimatum (either CRL goes or I go), because I don't know that for a fact (although it strikes me as at least plausible).

So, the answer to your question is probably that he would have had to value CDC as more than a recruiter and give him a larger role in the offense.

Expectation was Lashlee leaving for another school. He interviewed but no offers. After NSD with no offers for Lashlee Gus decides to keep status quo. Craig is upset for various reasons and decides to leave. Gus by not pleading with him to stay actually thinks that is best for the program. If Craig leaves Gus will hire someone he trusts.

I actually think this is pretty close to right -- which explains why most folks are upset about CDC leaving.

I asked previously but no one has answered yet. Exactly what was Gus supposed to do to get DC to stay?

That is what I want to know....I love DC..love his recruiting ability and his pedigree as a player, etc. He left FSU and they continued to recruit just fine...it may be frustrating but it will be ok...settle down guys

Maybe, but we are much better recruiting with CDC than against him.

I do think he has earned the ' promotion' to coaching quarterbacks. It wouldn't hurt to get him more involved in with the qbs.

That's what Gus could have done, should do. If that REALLY means removing some responsibilities of Lashlee, then he needs to understand it's about winning and losing.

*And we sure as hell haven't looked like a winner the past couple of years

wow....really guys.... this upsets you?????????????????????

Why not 2-8 vs UGA

Why not getting killed by bama

Getting killed by LSU

becoming a floor mat for Ole Miss and Miss State....

looks like crap two years ago in bowl vs Wisky with a retired coach...

struggle with Jac State.....as well as other lowly teams.

Barber to turns pro.....

Duke kicked off team.....

remember Nick Marshall...who got worse under this system in second year.....

what the heck...guess you guys are picking your battles..... but if you are just now getting fouled up over our HC welcome.

guy at the airport turned out to be a genius....

We need a proven winner....

not chizik or Gus..

minus Cam and Nick we are 0-10 vs UGA and others.

and now we can't beat Arky....

priorit

Pretty hard to argue with this. I said when Gus was hired that I was not sure he was the coach to take Auburn to the next level. Sure, he will probably be good for 7-9 wins per season but is that good enough? I don't think so.

Despite that, I have defended the coaches because I have seen wayyyyyyyyy to much lackluster effort from the team over the last two or three years. I was not, immediately, ready to blame that on the coaches but, like others have said, this coming year may be another 6-8 win season and if it does, Gus should be replaced.

Fire his adapted son, Lashlee!

One person does not make or break a program - I want him to stay but I do not see it as a world end of he leaves. Programs lose good coaches and recruiters all the time....what I don't understand when it happens at AU it has to be a catastrophe from the AU Family crew. Gus is know clueless, we should not have hired him, program sucks, etc. none of this was said when Craig left FSU.

How on earth do you look at Rhett vs Dameyune and decide that keeping the former is the call to make?

You don't. He is an Auburn legend, one of the top recruiters in the country, a good coach and a guy who loves Auburn. Let's hope this is just a shot across the bow to make somebody wake up.

Even if it doesn't happen...we better be making plans to give CDC more power with his current title. I don't care if Rhett collects a paycheck and has lesser say. Hell we're already paying him to do nothing!

Surely you guys aren't surprised by Gus's stubbornness, he has acted like this for at least a couple of years. This is part of his personality and part of what makes him so driven to perfect his offense. Unfortunately, he allows it to guide his decisions too often. The lack of a strong AD allows him to remain this way and not evaluate himself. I am afraid we may be in for a difficult ride over the next few years, it seems like this is more and more becoming the norm for us as Auburn fans. >:( >:(

That is what I want to know....I love DC..love his recruiting ability and his pedigree as a player, etc. He left FSU and they continued to recruit just fine...it may be frustrating but it will be ok...settle down guys

My thoughts as well. I love DC and really, really do not want to see him go. But, as far as I can tell, the coaching positions/hierarchy/whatever is the same as when DC accepted the position and according to the insiders on this board, all indications pointed to DC working with QBs and Lashlee eventually moving somewhere else. So what is the problem? A coach cannot allow an assistant to dictate personnel decisions anymore than he can allow a star player to dictate player personnel decisions.

Ok so again and maybe some of the angry mob can answer....if he is gone, what did he want from Gus to convince him to stay?

Been answered...the outright OC position!

Why not 2-8 vs UGA

Getting killed by LSU

Barber to turns pro.....

what the heck...guess you guys are picking your battles..... but if you are just now getting fouled up over our HC welcome.

not chizik or Gus..

priorit

Time to send the plane to Houston

With this administration, we will be having the same conversation about Herman in a few years. I don't believe that this is a coach issue. It seems to be an admin issue.

Ok so again and maybe some of the angry mob can answer....if he is gone, what did he want from Gus to convince him to stay?

So he demanded that or else?

So he demanded that or else?

I heard it was QB coaching responsibilities.

DC is not a WR coach. He is a recruiter 1st and a competent QB coach. So, Gus is willing to keep Lashlee and let a competent QB coach and ace recruiter go. Hopefully RG is getting the same job offers as DC.

wde

Why not 2-8 vs UGA

Getting killed by LSU

Barber to turns pro.....

not chizik or Gus..

priorit

With this administration, we will be having the same conversation about Herman in a few years. I don't believe that this is a coach issue. It seems to be an admin issue.

Yep... way to much meddling! As long as Jacobs is here, we will only have a 'yes man' as our head coach...

Tubberville had success and longevity because he told Pat Dye and the Louders to kick rocks!

Fire his adapted son, Lashlee!

DC does not get to decide who is hired or fired. Lashlee was OC/QB coach when Craig accepted the WR coach position. If that was a problem for him, he should have stayed at FSU. And besides that, most insiders indicated that changes were happening and DC probably would get what he wanted sooner or later. Seems to me this is on DC as much as Gus

Why not 2-8 vs UGA

Getting killed by LSU

Barber to turns pro.....

not chizik or Gus..

priorit

Yep... way to much meddling! As long as Jacobs is here, we will only have a 'yes man' as our head coach...

Tubberville had success and longevity because he told Pat Dye and the Louders to kick rocks!

Has there been meddling with Gus as HC?

They seem to hire guys who are in way over their head here lately. That's what the issue seems to be.

This thread is officially full of the biggest pansy ass pantywastes that ever claimed to be Auburn fans. Is DC a good recruiter? Yes. Can he coach a WR to do anything properly? I haven't seen it. I really hope we have a great season in 2016 and all of you find another team to pull for. You wanna know why DC wasn't promoted? Probably because he couldn't even handle coaching WRs. That's the guy you want running the whole offense...and if not we should fire the head coach and the AD???? You guys are pathetic.

Edit: and it's extremely fitting that NO ONE is calling out DC for leaving. Smh.

This thread is officially full of the biggest pansy ass pantywastes that ever claimed to be Auburn fans. Is DC a good recruiter? Yes. Can he coach a WR to do anything properly? I haven't seen it. I really hope we have a great season in 2016 and all of you find another team to pull for. You wanna know why DC wasn't promoted? Probably because he couldn't even handle coaching WRs. That's the guy you want running the whole offense...and if not we should fire the head coach and the AD???? You guys are pathetic.

Edit: and it's extremely fitting that NO ONE is calling out DC for leaving. Smh.

that is a little harsh... I am sorry but pathetic was our effort vs UGA this year at home. I intentionally left my seats and walked around close to our bench... I watched our offense respond or should I say NOT respond to Lashlee.... from what I saw our guys thought he was a joke.... which from what I saw on the field was pretty close to it.

Time will tell....but I can tell you this...look over at UGA and Ole QB recruiting efforts this year and compare to ours.... I am not sure that in a few years I was only wishing we could win 2 games every 10 years vs UGly....

time will tell sir.

And Rhett Lashlee is worth keeping instead of Craig? Why? Craig is by far a better recruiter than Lashlee (duh) and has better credentials coaching QBs than Lashlee. I want Craig to be the QB coach (which Lashlee has not proven to be competent at) and Gus to be the OC. Gus is an OC and a very good one. Lashlee is not. It is debatable whether Gus is a competent HC or not.

wde

Why not 2-8 vs UGA

Getting killed by LSU

Barber to turns pro.....

not chizik or Gus..

priorit

Has there been meddling with Gus as HC?

They seem to hire guys who are in way over their head here lately. That's what the issue seems to be.

If Pat Dye is around... there is meddling.

I love Coach Dye, but do you remember a ten year hiatus when Tubbs was here? TT wouldn't let him have access to the program.

Now, imo, that's only a little bit of our problems... Gus is in over head. That's the biggest problem!

Archived