2016 Spring Practice - Day 11 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE, do you have any info on the rumblings that Davidson passed Cowart on the depth chart?

Rumblings or SECr? (There's a difference)

The KK dude posted it on the rant. Some people think he is legit.

KK is legit. And yes I'm told MD has taken as many snaps & BE this spring. Think both are playing really good. Told the D-Line has really looked good. All of them. Biggest D-Line AU has ever had I believe.

Sources at scrimmage: John Franklin III "can fly," barely missed deep ball on scramble and looks part of starter; needs more consistency.

@bmarcello

Good to hear. :)/>

I would not trust this source. JF3 can fly. But throwing? No.

Which part of a starter does he look like?

Sources at scrimmage: John Franklin III "can fly," barely missed deep ball on scramble and looks part of starter; needs more consistency.

@bmarcello

None.

I suspect it's to say I was a student without an athletic scholarship do i love Auburn more, but who knows. I just think it's a shame people hate a kid that a superior physical talent. He's good enough that he has to think of his future and the possibility of playing football so let's hate him. Now that guy who sucks and will never play? Well he should be loved because he's out there and sucks....thing about it on the academic front it's cut throat and not tolerated. Who roots for those underdogs that try hard but can't make a 3.5? Not one single person

"Hate" is too strong a word for this discussion. It's not even close. SMH

Absolutely....and anyone who has had kids ready for college know that they rarely make a "business decision" about where they go to school.....cost is a factor sure but way down the line. I'm willing to be that the vast majority of students at AU are there because that's where they want to go and not because someone talked them into it with promises of a 5* dorm, free tutors, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. .

I think you mean kids who know their parents have them. And you could be willing about the vast majority, but I think you'd be wrong. My time at college vast majority I met would have liked to go to the top school of their respective field. And yeah those athletes that chose Auburn anyway when they had so many more choices......hard to like those guys

@bmarcello

The uniform

@bmarcello

None.

so JF3 isnt looking as good as they all are sayin?

^If not, we desperately need a coach that can actually coach QBs. Gus has shown me so far that he needs Superman to fall into his lap to succeed.

By the way, Nick deserved so much better than how we sent him out.

The fact that JJ and SW were in the non-contact tops bothers me. These two, if they are looking to be the man, need to have as many reps under fire as they can get.

The fact that JJ and SW were in the non-contact tops bothers me. These two, if they are looking to be the man, need to have as many reps under fire as they can get.

Yep. I say keep hitting them until the Fall gets here. If they get injured, well it makes it an easier task to decide on a starting QB.

This^^^....interesting for sure.

I personally don't think hitting is relevant at this point...particularly for JJ.

^If not, we desperately need a coach that can actually coach QBs. Gus has shown me so far that he needs Superman to fall into his lap to succeed.

Nick was not gonna be an NFL QB....maybe an emergency backup...imo he was an athlete playing QB. AU got a lot out of him.

@bmarcello

None.

Not one part of that quote said anything about being highly accurate or a great passer. Simply says he has wheels and barely missed on a deep ball and looked PARTLY like a started and that he NEEDS CONSISTENCY.

Nick was not gonna be an NFL QB....maybe an emergency backup...imo he was an athlete playing QB. AU got a lot out of him.

I think it's hilarious that some hail NM as the second greatest QB since the turn of the century that simply overcame horrible coaching...while he never got a serious look in the NFL as a QB. The NFL must be full of even worse coaches than we have if they can't take such an amazing talent at QB and make a serviceable backup...

I think having only JF3 and Queen taking fire is an indication that Gus wants to see how much better these two can get before the end of spring. I'd imagine Gus has a pretty good idea what he has in JJ and SW. From the reports it sounds like JF3 improved from the first scrimage and hopefully will continue to improve into Aday. Having 3 qbs going into fall will be better than 2 with 1 playing catch up.

Yep. I say keep hitting them until the Fall gets here. If they get injured, well it makes it an easier task to decide on a starting QB.

It's not really that surprising. Going live won't tell the staff any more info on JJ and SW than they already have and you risk injuring them both for no gain. JF3 they have limited film on, so it makes more sense for him to go live.

It's not really that surprising. Going live won't tell the staff any more info on JJ and SW than they already have and you risk injuring them both for no gain. JF3 they have limited film on, so it makes more sense for him to go live.

Yep......save the serious stuff until August when Gus is trying to come up with his opening day starters. Much too early to be making any decisions or even ranking the contenders IMO.

I don't get all the bad vibes about our coach. Fans do know that he took a corner back and was seconds away from a National Title. Yes he makes mistakes but I don't think he deserves the total disrespect from the so call fans imo.WDE

I think it's hilarious that some hail NM as the second greatest QB since the turn of the century that simply overcame horrible coaching...while he never got a serious look in the NFL as a QB. The NFL must be full of even worse coaches than we have if they can't take such an amazing talent at QB and make a serviceable backup...

I don't think it helped him how we adamantly refused to let him see an actual QB guru and forced him to learn things like footwork and throwing motion from a staff that hasn't taught those two things well at all...

Learning how to run and when to take hits and how to prepare to take hits should mean alot....if they actually let them do it that is

I don't think it helped him how we adamantly refused to let him see an actual QB guru and forced him to learn things like footwork and throwing motion from a staff that hasn't taught those two things well at all...

OR... he's just to small to be an effective NFL QB.

It was not gonna happen IMO...I mean the NFL has access to the best coaching available...if somebody saw QB in him, he would have been given a shot to play QB. As far as the coaching outside of Gus - doesn't the student athlete have to pay for that? I guess Nick had a couple of grand lying around to pay a George Whitfield...

All that is speculation, nobody knows what anybody has to pay, what Whitfield charges, all we know is Gus said they wanted to coach their own qb's....seems to be a disservice but who knows....also the Gus is never wrong group should think when you say that Marshall couldn't have been a NFL qb then you're saying Gus is wrong because he surely said Marshall could....something have to give

OR... he's just to small to be an effective NFL QB.

I mean, seeing as how he's about the same size as two other NFL starters, one being probably shorter than him, and both those QBs won super bowls, I'm pretty sure that's not the reason

You might've literally said the least valid reason he didn't get drafted tbh

Archived