2017 5* RB Cam Akers (FSU 12/27/16)

aucanucktiger

On 7/24/2016 at 4:40 PM, tigger3 said:

Roc was never going to be a contributor at Auburn , he did not posess the toughness or durability. 

He was going to be a big contributor.He was a weapon and was going to have a huge role next year. It sucks he got banged up. 

People keep saying that crap because he left. Nothing against you personally but Let's just be happy with the guys we have and quit criticizing former players

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be good to take another RB now.  Mr.  Akers, come on down :Sing:

I know he would have been a take anyways but now he may have more motivation. 

He was the first thing I thought of after hearing about Jovon. Cam should be drooling to come play for us.

Robinson would have been a senior this year anyway. His early departure has no bearing on Akers one way or the other. Except, of course, for the negative publicity.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Robinson would have been a senior this year anyway. His early departure has no bearing on Akers one way or the other. Except, of course, for the negative publicity.

Yup!

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Negative publicity is in the eye of the beholder. Some parents would look at the situation as a big positive in Gus's favor. Good parents want a coach who is going to put the team above the individual, demand excellence off the field, and keep problem players away from their child.

Just have to keep 'cruitin' him.  He's a stud and a beast.  Maybe he will come back for some more visits... Anything can happen between now and next Feb.  In Horton we trust! 

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Where do we stand with Cam Akers on his recruiting list?

Behind tOSU, FSU, Ole Miss & a few others.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Are 2 RB's all we're going to sign in the 2017 class?

We have 3 right now. Barrett, Alaric Williams, & Octavius Matthews.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Alaric Williams more of a ATH? he could play in the wild cat, WR, and yes even RB. I wish we had some BIG RB's like we use to with coach Dye and Tuberville

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Isn't Alaric Williams more of a ATH? he could play in the wild cat, WR, and yes even RB. I wish we had some BIG RB's like we use to with coach Dye and Tuberville

Alaric is recruited as an athlete but will get his 1st shot at RB.

This kid has great speed, balance, and moves.  

My only concern with him is ball security.  He always holds it in his right arm and he holds it too loosely, even in traffic.  Good coaching can fix that easily.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Alaric is recruited as an athlete but will get his 1st shot at RB.

I saw were Alaric Williams had an awesome first game Friday night! He had about 190 yards and several td I believe. So yeah, sign him up at rb!!!

23 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Post from last night are missing. ?

Pretty sure they were not other posts last night in the Cam Akers thread.

Cam is a very long shot for AU. I would bet Ohio State is his leader. BTW, OSU is killing it on the recruiting front right now. Today they have 2 new 5 star commits.

I lik ethe RB and Athlete commits we already have committed. They are an impressive group.

This is gonna come down to Ole Miss and Ohio state and I am hearing Ole Miss will probably win out in the end. Really wish we could get in better shape with Cam. He is the best player regardless of position this recruiting cycle. He is probably the best RB prospect I have seen in past 5 years. I am not a scout though.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This is gonna come down to Ole Miss and Ohio state and I am hearing Ole Miss will probably win out in the end. Really wish we could get in better shape with Cam. He is the best player regardless of position this recruiting cycle. He is probably the best RB prospect I have seen in past 5 years. I am not a scout though.

Hate to have to agree with you 23 just what Ole Miss needs as well......I hope he ends up at tOSU

Archived