2017 5* RB Cam Akers (FSU 12/27/16)

aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Ole Miss is pulling out all stops for Cam. 

Let's just hope he reveals them right after he is drafted

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one in Jackson has ever expected anything other than Cam in Oxford. They've been unconcerned at every commitment or every rumor if a new leader. They laugh at the idea that he could go to tOSU. 

12 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

No one in Jackson has ever expected anything other than Cam in Oxford. They've been unconcerned at every commitment or every rumor if a new leader. They laugh at the idea that he could go to tOSU. 

I've heard tosu fans talking like he's already a silent commit

Yeah, I'll just say that, at the end of the day, I expect the guy to be in Oxford. Even if he were to publicly commit to Ohio State tomorrow, I'd stick with that prediction.

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Yeah, I'll just say that, at the end of the day, I expect the guy to be in Oxford. Even if he were to publicly commit to Ohio State tomorrow, I'd stick with that prediction.

I agree

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

If I had that kind of talent, I would be headed somewhere that I could win a ring.  Ole Miss isn't hoisting the NC trophy any time soon.

Probably not, but winning championships isn't as high on every kids list as some might think. I'm not sure where it would be on my priority list if I were a five star recruit. It wouldn't be number one, though. 

Heck, win an SEC title, and you'll have more fame in Oxford than a lot of guys have for national titles elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Probably not, but winning championships isn't as high on every kids list as some might think. I'm not sure where it would be on my priority list if I were a five star recruit. It wouldn't be number one, though. 

#1 on all 5* kids list is exactly the same... NFL.

15 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

LSU fans said the same thing about Landon Collins a few years ago & we know how that turned out. Point being I would never count out Saban or Urban for a recruit they want bad til pen meets paper for another team.

Maybe don't count them out, but you should consider them the underdog. It's going to be a massive upset if Akers is anywhere but Oxford, no matter what anyone else says about who is leading or where he's leaning.

4 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Maybe don't count them out, but you should consider them the underdog. It's going to be a massive upset if Akers is anywhere but Oxford, no matter what anyone else says about who is leading or where he's leaning.

Unless, of course, the NCAA decides to drop the hammer.  Then all bets are off.

32 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Not discounting you at all my friend. Just pointing out that LSU was a very heavy favorite to land LC from the all info in his home town & Baton Rouge too. Given Ole Miss has Shea Patterson I am not discounting them at all. I'm also not going to discount Urb either.

29 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not if moms is still taken care of 

The Ole Miss offense would be pretty dang potent if they ever got a featured RB. Freeze is probably slipping Benjamin's left and right to this kid lol!

13 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I would rather Akers go almost anywhere other than Ole Miss. Maybe the NCAA can help us out here.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I would rather Akers go almost anywhere other than Ole Miss. Maybe the NCAA can help us out here.

I would think that there would be a dark cloud over any 5* they picked up after the allegations that have been thrown around. I don't know what I would do if I were a player, but I would hate to have there always be rumblings that I was paid to go to the school I chose. 

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would think that there would be a dark cloud over any 5* they picked up after the allegations that have been thrown around. I don't know what I would do if I were a player, but I would hate to have there always be rumblings that I was paid to go to the school I chose. 

From NFL stand point I don't think there is a cloud unless linked to a kid. Even then I don't think it matters much. I've never seen a player's stock drop in the draft because he got paid or benefits in college. Some may say Tunsil but I don't think getting benefits dropped him. I think it was his immaturity in the way he handled things & the mask incident that dropped him 8-10 spots.

Unfortunately I read somewhere that Ole Miss won't finish their internal investigation and release their findings/recommendations/self imposed punishments until after the new year and then the NCAA will take their time in responding. So Akers and others will sign after the "hammer" gets dropped. I say "hammer", because look at North Carolina, what 20+years of cheating and they still have yet to punish nor will they according to most sources. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From NFL stand point I don't think there is a cloud unless linked to a kid. Even then I don't think it matters much. I've never seen a player's stock drop in the draft because he got paid or benefits in college. Some may say Tunsil but I don't think getting benefits dropped him. I think it was his immaturity in the way he handled things & the mask incident that dropped him 8-10 spots.

I'm sure you're right when it comes to the NFL... but the kid does actually have to play a few years in college and listen to all of the chatter while he's doing it. I doubt it would be much fun to be called a cheater from the day you stepped on campus.

Incidentally... when was the last time Ole Miss had a great running back?

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm sure you're right when it comes to the NFL... but the kid does actually have to play a few years in college and listen to all of the chatter while he's doing it. I doubt it would be much fun to be called a cheater from the day you stepped on campus.

1. If he really wants to go there I doubt he would care what people say. Plus most in his home town & the Rebs community would be loving on him so I doubt he would hear much negative unless he decides to read national stuff. 2. Some would say McCluster was great. I'm not sure I'd go there but he was very good (2006-2009) but Deuce McAllister was no doubt great (1997-2000).

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Deuce McAllister late 90s

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How much I hate people accusing me of getting paid depends on how much I got paid :)

A lot of these kids have almost no money growing up. It is hard to turn money down, when you have never had much. Well frankly, it is kind of hard to turn money down if you are young. Doc has all he needs, so he would of course turn it down.

Archived