Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

Clemson almost beat bammer. They have a strong team. I just hope we get on the scoreboard.

So did we.

So did we??? Wait what?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We DEFINITELY have the talent to win, but some of you are talking as if Clemson should be afraid of us and are looking down at Clemson....that is laughable

We DEFINITELY have the talent to win, but some of you are talking as if Clemson should be afraid of us and are looking down at Clemson....that is laughable

This. Clemson should be the favorite based on last year and even 2014 when we collapsed down the stretch. Clemson is very talented across the board, even on D with all of their loses to the NFL. Keep in mind, Clemson's DC is one of the best and has proven he can absorb talent exodus to the NFL. However; as cole256 posted, we do have a lot of talent so should we lose the game, we should keep it close.

wde

Well, in my opinion, if they dont go in slightly afraid, they will have trouble. Thats not to say we are going to be the greatest team ever going in, but we are good enough to at leat warrant a little discomfort come game day

Some of you are forgetting how many players Clemson lost

Some of you are forgetting that Clemson has the best player in the country. We all know what one player can do.

And lolz at the people who think Clemson should or will be afraid to play AU at AU. Dabo will be licking his chops at another shot at AU.

They follow the game against us with Troy and South Carolina... State. So the #2 team in the country and the best football player in the country get to spend all summer focusing on Auburn. Should go pretty well for us.

Some of you are forgetting that Clemson has the best player in the country. We all know what one player can do.

And lolz at the people who think Clemson should or will be afraid to play AU at AU. Dabo will be licking his chops at another shot at AU.

The magic returns in 16...don't count us out.

AND they get one of the Top 2-3 WRs in the Nation back...Mike Williams. The guy would be in the league right now if not for his injury.

Have we heard anything on what Carlton Davis' punishment will be? If he gets Nick Marshall's punishment (out for the 1st Half), Williams will have two TDs by halftime.

Hope we get on the scoreboard? HOPE WE GET ON THE SCOREBOARD!?!?!

What in the world is going on around here??? They are coming to Our House.

USC came to Our House in 2003, humidity & all. I was there.

Did Campbell, Cadillac & Ronnie get on the scoreboard?

This Clemson team is a LOT better than that USC team.

AND they get one of the Top 2-3 WRs in the Nation back...Mike Williams. The guy would be in the league right now if not for his injury.

Have we heard anything on what Carlton Davis' punishment will be? If he gets Nick Marshall's punishment (out for the 1st Half), Williams will have two TDs by halftime.

Who was that WR in the championship game that Watson kept throwing to? Hunter Renfrow? That kid was a truefrosh and snagged some really good one's - more in the mid to short range throws but he was money against that uat defense even though they laid some solid licks on him throughout he stuck in their and did his job.

Not so sure about this.

That USC team had two Heisman Trophy winners on it, finished 12-1 and ranked AP #1, and was the source of much controversy over who deserved to play in the BCS National Championship Game. Saying this Clemson team is a LOT better than the 2003 USC Trojans is quite premature.

Really? The one with 2 eventual Heisman winners in the backfield? That shared the national championship that year? Clemson's "a LOT" better than them? I dunno about that.

Better maybe but to say a lot better is a stretch to say the least.

I'm not falling into the they lost a ton of players on defense trap. They're stacked with talent and so i expect their defense to be solid at the least. My main concern is making sure we have outside containment on Watson. He's going to make plays but we need to limit the big plays and plays where he's able to create with his legs or throwing on the run to keep drives going for them. I do feel like we can get pressure on him but when he gets out of the pocket is what scares me. We can certainly win this game but i don't like our chances if it's a high scoring game.

I dont think i understand how folks think their defense is "stacked". If their defense is stacked, ours should be all-world. They lost actual, already panned out talent. They replace it with question marks. Its a little foolish to think anything at all of that defense at this point. You dont just find pass rushers like that lying around. And you certainly dont find corners like Alexander around every corner. Fact is, they have a tremendous amount of work to do to be anything on defense.

I dont think i understand how folks think their defense is "stacked". If their defense is stacked, ours should be all-world. They lost actual, already panned out talent. They replace it with question marks. Its a little foolish to think anything at all of that defense at this point. You dont just find pass rushers like that lying around. And you certainly dont find corners like Alexander around every corner. Fact is, they have a tremendous amount of work to do to be anything on defense.

To be fair they have done better developing their talent than we have to this point.

I still say this is Lawson's game to win or lose. All you have to do is look at last years Superbowl to know what a relentless pass rush can do to a stellar QB. If Lawson can play to his potential, and we get even a decent rush from the other side, it's our best chance of negating the benefit they get from Watson. Then, unless our O is one-dimensional again, which I seriously doubt, it's game on.

I still say this is Lawson's game to win or lose. All you have to do is look at last years Superbowl to know what a relentless pass rush can do to a stellar QB. If Lawson can play to his potential, and we get even a decent rush from the other side, it's our best chance of negating the benefit they get from Watson. Then, unless our O is one-dimensional again, which I seriously doubt, it's game on.

No game is ever on 1 defensive player. He can reak havoc in that game & we still can lose.

To be fair they have done better developing their talent than we have to this point.

Exactly. The year before they lost a good bit of talent as well. They have good talent just like we do on defense and have proven they can recover from losing some good players on defense. I don't think their defense will be all world or anything but i'm not overlooking their defense just b/c they lost a lot of players. They've recruited defense very well.

It's certainly going to take more than Lawson have a great game that's for sure. He struggled some with outside containment last year...many did though. I have faith in our defense to keep things close for us.

Watson running is what scares me. 3rd and 7? No problem. Jake Coker made our ends look silly carrying the ball and he's not even in the same solar system as Watson as far as athleticism goes.

Remember when we had Nick Marshall and Cam Newton bailing us out on 3rd and longs with their legs? *a single tear streaks down cheek*

Archived