Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

I understand the expectation to win every game for the sake of having a winning mentality, but I'm not going to show a program less respect just because of the name of their school. If they have good coaches and good players, then I'm going to treat them like they have good coaches and players.

If Urban Meyer left Ohio State, and they went on a steady decline for 5 years, couldn't recruit like they have, didn't have a good coach, etc. I wouldn't show them the same respect that I would today just because they are Ohio State... So, I'm not going to give Clemson less respect just because they are Clemson.

I think that is what the likes of Cole, Tiger, etc is trying to get at. Thank you.

And the funny thing is, that type of attitude is exactly Bama like! "Oh yeah Clemson will probably be ranked in the top 3, with one of the best offenses in the nation and the best QB in the nation BUT they are still Clemson."

That is such an entitled attitude...

And, to be fair, I don't see anyone in this thread with that type of attitude. I think what people are saying here is that in general, there are programs they feel we should always compete at a higher level than based upon resources, history, etc. However, the modern game is changing. Clemson has the resources. Clemson has the support. Clemson has the coaching. Clemson recruits as well as anyone, and as a result they have the players. I can see how someone might expect that Auburn always have better coaching, support, facilities, recruits, players, etc. That's fair. But when, despite that expectation, we aren't better in a few or more of those categories, I'm not going to ignore those facts.

My expectation for games has always been for Auburn to play their best game. If I think Auburn's best game is better than our opponent's best game, then I expect Auburn to win. When I think the opponent's best game is likely better, then I expect Auburn to play their best, and hope for a good outcome.

If Auburn plays their best game against Clemson, then we have a really good chance to win. If Clemson also plays their best game, I'm doubtful that we win. That's just the way I see it. In any given year, that expectation changes based upon all the things I've listed before.

But in my mind, Clemson is still Clempson....no matter how many professional prospects they seem to have.

I have watched Auburn play Clemson off and on for more than 60 years and I never expect to see us lose to them...and that includes this year.

- AU64

Really now?

I was trying to be nice. I'm not going to compare 64 to a bama fan.

Entitlement was the key word. If it makes you feel any better, you can insert any team in there that has that type of entitlement attitude. Just call a spade, a spade.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the expectation to win every game for the sake of having a winning mentality, but I'm not going to show a program less respect just because of the name of their school. If they have good coaches and good players, then I'm going to treat them like they have good coaches and players.

If Urban Meyer left Ohio State, and they went on a steady decline for 5 years, couldn't recruit like they have, didn't have a good coach, etc. I wouldn't show them the same respect that I would today just because they are Ohio State... So, I'm not going to give Clemson less respect just because they are Clemson.

I think that is what the likes of Cole, Tiger, etc is trying to get at. Thank you.

And the funny thing is, that type of attitude is exactly Bama like! "Oh yeah Clemson will probably be ranked in the top 3, with one of the best offenses in the nation and the best QB in the nation BUT they are still Clemson."

And, to be fair, I don't see anyone in this thread with that type of attitude. I think what people are saying here is that in general, there are programs they feel we should always compete at a higher level than based upon resources, history, etc. However, the modern game is changing. Clemson has the resources. Clemson has the support. Clemson has the coaching. Clemson recruits as well as anyone, and as a result they have the players. I can see how someone might expect that Auburn always have better coaching, support, facilities, recruits, players, etc. That's fair. But when, despite that expectation, we aren't better in a few or more of those categories, I'm not going to ignore those facts.

My expectation for games has always been for Auburn to play their best game. If I think Auburn's best game is better than our opponent's best game, then I expect Auburn to win. When I think the opponent's best game is likely better, then I expect Auburn to play their best, and hope for a good outcome.

If Auburn plays their best game against Clemson, then we have a really good chance to win. If Clemson also plays their best game, I'm doubtful that we win. That's just the way I see it. In any given year, that expectation changes based upon all the things I've listed before.

But in my mind, Clemson is still Clempson....no matter how many professional prospects they seem to have.

I have watched Auburn play Clemson off and on for more than 60 years and I never expect to see us lose to them...and that includes this year.

- AU64

Really now?

Entitlement was the key word. If it makes you feel any better, you can insert any team in there that has that type of entitlement attitude. Just call a spade, a spade.

ha, fair enough.

- AU64

Really now?

ha, fair enough.

Saw my first Auburn-Clemson game in Mobile in the early 1950s......and note that AU leads the series 34-13. .....and I look at playing Clemson like playing Miss State or Vandy....a game we ought to win...and any loss is a major disappointment. I sure don't feel the same about bama and LSU and I consider any AU win against them as a damn good win.

Nobody is "entitled" to anything.....but there are some programs that we ought to dominate by virtue of the money that Auburn spends on the program by comparison..... if for no other reason. ..JMO.

- AU64

Really now?

ha, fair enough.

Saw my first Auburn-Clemson game in Mobile in the early 1950s......and note that AU leads the series 34-13. .....and I look at playing Clemson like playing Miss State or Vandy....a game we ought to win...and any loss is a major disappointment. I sure don't feel the same about bama and LSU and I consider any AU win against them as a damn good win.

Nobody is "entitled" to anything.....but there are some programs that we ought to dominate by virtue of the money that Auburn spends on the program by comparison..... if for no other reason. ..JMO.

That's what I thought you were saying. I understand an expectation that based upon things like money, or overall winning tradition, region, school size, etc. there are some programs that we ought to do the things you need to do to win football games better than. However, when another program has done those things better, and put themselves in a better position to win games, I'm not going to deny it. So, from that vantage point I can see the argument of we should never be in a position where Clemson has a better football team than us. That's a fair expectation. But, when Clemson has a better football team than us, well, they have a better football team than us. I also think Clemson is light years ahead of teams like Miss. State and Vanderbilt when it comes to perception, resources, money, history, etc. That part of what you are saying I don't understand.

- AU64

Really now?

ha, fair enough.

That is an entitled attitude! They are not Miss state or Vandy. Not even close to that. We are coming off of a 7-6 season, with question marks on both sides of the ball. They are returning a Heisman caliber QB with a high octane offense. Not to mention, they are coming off an NC run. No amount of money spent by either program should be a directive on how one team is pitted against the other. You cited the all time series. What does that have to do with the 2016 AU and Clemson Tigers football teams?

Clemson has recruited equal/better than us since dabo has been there. He have had several prospects where it came down to us or them. Therefore their talent is equal/better than ours. Plus they don't play as hard of schedule usually. That's why they are right there with us. I don't care if you saw Clemson play in 1875. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the players playing now

No, USCe, KY, and Bama came just as close to beating the 2010 NC's.

Also, a miserable USCe team and an average UNC team both took this somehow "unbeatable" team you describe to the brink last season. Clemson will not be as good as they were in 2015. Auburn will be better than they were in 2015. The game is in our house, where we have historically played pretty well against top 5 teams. Let the chips land where they may.

No. Not even close.

SC was a failed TD AND 2-point conversion JUST TO TIE.

UK had ZERO control of the game as the game was tied. AU drove the field & won.

bammer trailed by 1 the last 11:55 of the game and NEVER made it past the Auburn 34-yard line.

Clemson was a 2-foot overthrow from WINNING THE GAME. If Parker takes a smidge off the ball to a WIDE FREAKING OPEN Jaron Brown, IT IS OVER. No other game is remotely close.

This is an argument you cannot win. It is utterly pathetic how some Auburn fans refuse to recall how close this game was to defeat.

As if the closer the game was, the more we have to give Dabo the credit. WHO FREAKING CARES? If bammer took us closer to the limit, so be it, but they didn't. Clemson did. And it wasn't even close.

Clemson will be MUCH better on offense this season, esp w the addition of 1st Round WR Mike Williams.

With likely no Carlton Davis the 1st Half, Williams scores two TDs by halftime. Clemson will be up ~ 28-6 at halftime and you guys will contract amnesia what I said 2 months prior.

I'm curious. What team are you a fan of? I ask because I can't imagine any Auburn fan anywhere, writing off a game as a loss in June. I guess some just live with that defeatist attitude all year long.

Auburn. Longer than you.

I had us losing to GT in the 2005 opener because Tre Smith was starting over Kenny Irons, thus I predicted at least 4 turnovers by Cox.

On ITAT, my loyalty was questioned then. Was called every name in the book.

BTW, Cox had 5 turnovers.

I also, pre-season, had us winning National Championships in 2004 & 2010, the only two years I have done so.

I'm also the guy that requested Auburn @ South Carolina 2011 footage from you so that I could HELP Auburn fans out with the game synced to the Auburn announcers. Remember that? Of course you do. It "pissed you off."

The nerve of me. Asking for a favor that helps Auburn fans.

Please do continue to question my loyalty. It only makes you more foolish.

I swear this dude wants a damn medal for all his "predictions". Nobody cares that you predicted Cox to have 5 TO's and nobody cares that you predicted the championships in 2004 and 2010. You bringing that up everytime somebody questions you on this board makes you look foolish.

No, USCe, KY, and Bama came just as close to beating the 2010 NC's.

Also, a miserable USCe team and an average UNC team both took this somehow "unbeatable" team you describe to the brink last season. Clemson will not be as good as they were in 2015. Auburn will be better than they were in 2015. The game is in our house, where we have historically played pretty well against top 5 teams. Let the chips land where they may.

No. Not even close.

SC was a failed TD AND 2-point conversion JUST TO TIE.

UK had ZERO control of the game as the game was tied. AU drove the field & won.

bammer trailed by 1 the last 11:55 of the game and NEVER made it past the Auburn 34-yard line.

Clemson was a 2-foot overthrow from WINNING THE GAME. If Parker takes a smidge off the ball to a WIDE FREAKING OPEN Jaron Brown, IT IS OVER. No other game is remotely close.

This is an argument you cannot win. It is utterly pathetic how some Auburn fans refuse to recall how close this game was to defeat.

As if the closer the game was, the more we have to give Dabo the credit. WHO FREAKING CARES? If bammer took us closer to the limit, so be it, but they didn't. Clemson did. And it wasn't even close.

Clemson will be MUCH better on offense this season, esp w the addition of 1st Round WR Mike Williams.

With likely no Carlton Davis the 1st Half, Williams scores two TDs by halftime. Clemson will be up ~ 28-6 at halftime and you guys will contract amnesia what I said 2 months prior.

I'm curious. What team are you a fan of? I ask because I can't imagine any Auburn fan anywhere, writing off a game as a loss in June. I guess some just live with that defeatist attitude all year long.

Auburn. Longer than you. only if you are older than me.

I had us losing to GT in the 2005 opener because Tre Smith was starting over Kenny Irons, thus I predicted at least 4 turnovers by Cox. no way to prove it since you got here in july 2011, but use whatever supports your stance.

I also, pre-season, had us winning National Championships in 2004 & 2010, the only two years I have done so. again, no proof, You got here in july 2011 (AFTER those seasons were long finished) You're going to have to do better than that.

I'm also the guy that requested Auburn @ South Carolina 2011 footage from you so that I could HELP Auburn fans out with the game synced to the Auburn announcers. Remember that? Of course you do. It "pissed you off." You are going to have to show me the PM or post where that took place. That would never piss me off. I can PM you some info (that I can't share here) if you are interested.

It doesn't make me look foolish at all. It was a simple question based on a history of your negative posting. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, its just the constant defeatist attitude I don't understand.

Clemson has recruited equal/better than us since dabo has been there. He have had several prospects where it came down to us or them. Therefore their talent is equal/better than ours. Plus they don't play as hard of schedule usually. That's why they are right there with us. I don't care if you saw Clemson play in 1875. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the players playing now

NOPE...obviously you are just pulling facts from .....well...I don't know where ....but check 247 and you will note that AU has out-recruited Clemson every year since 2010.... .http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

This is why AU should be able to beat Clemson every year....AU has more talent coming in every year.

Kinda makes me wonder if I have stumbled onto a Clemson site .....all the Clemson apologists on here explaining why AU should not be able to beat them.... :-\

I don't see anyone saying we should not be able to beat them... we most definitely should be able to. We should be able to beat everyone on our schedule. I don't think we will, but we definitely have the ability to. No question about that.

Look at 2012 as an example. There are a lot of programs we lost to that year that taking everything into consideration, we should never not be a better football team than. Yet, I think we all realized at some point in that season that we just weren't a good football team. Despite all of the advantages that Auburn enjoys, and all the great recruits, we were a bad, bad football team. Knowing that, and knowing the quality of some of the teams on our schedule, I did not expect us to win some of those games that otherwise I would have.

I'm not comparing this football team to the 2012 team. Obviously, there were problems that year that we absolutely do not have headed into 2016. We have a chance to be a very good football team. We have a chance to beat everyone on our schedule should we get what we need out of a few key positions, notably quarterback.

However, I think we all realize that some years, despite what should be, we might not be as good a football team as someone else on our schedule. We shouldn't have been a worse football team than Mississippi State in 2012, but we were. We probably should be a better football team than Clemson this year, but that doesn't mean that we actually will be.

That's what is so frustrating about this thread, especially from a couple of posters who I know for a fact know ALOT about football. Sometimes what should happen doesn't happen, and many times we can see why it won't or might not happen for some very demonstrable reasons. Taking everything into consideration, we should and do have the ability to beat Clemson. However, the game of football isn't played by the recruiting numbers. It isn't played by the overall record, or the resources a program has. You guys know that very well. We may have out recruited Clemson, but they have arguably the best quarterback and player in the country leading their team and we don't know who ours will be. We may have more resources than Clemson, but they have a coach who has built a very, very consistent program over multiple years, while we have been all over the map. We might have a better pedigree than Clemson, but their program has been getting stronger past three years, while ours has trended relatively downward.

In short, there is a disparity between what Auburn has, and has done off the field, and what Auburn has done on the field during the last two seasons. Based upon what Clemson has, and has done off the field, there isn't an apparent disparity at all - they've been a very good football team. I think we should be able to have a rational, honest conversation about those two things without resorting to questioning people's loyalty to Auburn. I think it makes us look petty, but whatever. It's Sunday - I'm about to go do some yard work and put some cold beer on ice. Enjoy your 4th, guys.

Look at 2012 as an example. There are a lot of programs we lost to that year that taking everything into consideration, we should never not be a better football team than. Yet, I think we all realized at some point in that season that we just weren't a good football team. Despite all of the advantages that Auburn enjoys, and all the great recruits, we were a bad, bad football team. Knowing that, and knowing the quality of some of the teams on our schedule, I did not expect us to win some of those games that otherwise I would have.

I'm not comparing this football team to the 2012 team. Obviously, there were problems that year that we absolutely do not have headed into 2016. We have a chance to be a very good football team. We have a chance to beat everyone on our schedule should we get what we need out of a few key positions, notably quarterback.

However, I think we all realize that some years, despite what should be, we might not be as good a football team as someone else on our schedule. We shouldn't have been a worse football team than Mississippi State in 2012, but we were. We probably should be a better football team than Clemson this year, but that doesn't mean that we actually will be.

That's what is so frustrating about this thread, especially from a couple of posters who I know for a fact know ALOT about football. Sometimes what should happen doesn't happen, and many times we can see why it won't or might not happen for some very demonstrable reasons. Taking everything into consideration, we should and do have the ability to beat Clemson. However, the game of football isn't played by the recruiting numbers. It isn't played by the overall record, or the resources a program has. You guys know that very well. We may have out recruited Clemson, but they have arguably the best quarterback and player in the country leading their team and we don't know who ours will be. We may have more resources than Clemson, but they have a coach who has built a very, very consistent program over multiple years, while we have been all over the map. We might have a better pedigree than Clemson, but their program has been getting stronger past three years, while ours has trended relatively downward.

In short, there is a disparity between what Auburn has, and has done off the field, and what Auburn has done on the field during the last two seasons. Based upon what Clemson has, and has done off the field, there isn't an apparent disparity at all - they've been a very good football team. I think we should be able to have a rational, honest conversation about those two things without resorting to questioning people's loyalty to Auburn. I think it makes us look petty, but whatever. It's Sunday - I'm about to go do some yard work and put some cold beer on ice. Enjoy your 4th, guys.

Definitely one of the best posters on here. Great post.

I still say this is Lawson's game to win or lose. All you have to do is look at last years Superbowl to know what a relentless pass rush can do to a stellar QB. If Lawson can play to his potential, and we get even a decent rush from the other side, it's our best chance of negating the benefit they get from Watson. Then, unless our O is one-dimensional again, which I seriously doubt, it's game on.

No game is ever on 1 defensive player. He can reak havoc in that game & we still can lose.

From the Lawsons standpoint every game is his to lose .

I swear this dude wants a damn medal for all his "predictions". Nobody cares that you predicted Cox to have 5 TO's and nobody cares that you predicted the championships in 2004 and 2010. You bringing that up everytime somebody questions you on this board makes you look foolish.

When my loyalty is questioned...I will damn sure bring up positive predictions I've made.

But predict a SINGLE loss AND list specific detailed reasons why and you MUST be a fan of another team.

No one can be a damn realist on this board.

Just pump the frickin sunshine and this board will love you.

NOPE...obviously you are just pulling facts from .....well...I don't know where ....but check 247 and you will note that AU has out-recruited Clemson every year since 2010.... .http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

This is why AU should be able to beat Clemson every year....AU has more talent coming in every year.

Kinda makes me wonder if I have stumbled onto a Clemson site .....all the Clemson apologists on here explaining why AU should not be able to beat them.... :-\/>

Nope YOU'RE wrong...or you're just simply using a different ranking site but fact is they have actually ranked ahead of us the past 3 years. But really that's moot because whether we're ahead or Clemson is either particular year we're right there comparable with each other. Never 3 or 4 slots ahead of the other and that says we've pretty much EQUAL in talent. Certainly close enough where you can't just say hey we recruited 5 in the nation and you guys 7 so we win.

Funny that you just tried to pull that to discredit though....You can say what you want, saying you saw Auburn beat Clemson 20 years ago as if that means anything or could effect anything now is one of the most ridiculous things posted on this site

Also each post you exaggerate a statement that nobody has said more and more....NOBODY on here in this ENTIRE post has said we couldn't beat Clemson. So where did YOU get it from?

Auburn. Longer than you. only if you are older than me. But you insinuated I wasn't an Auburn fan.

I had us losing to GT in the 2005 opener because Tre Smith was starting over Kenny Irons, thus I predicted at least 4 turnovers by Cox. no way to prove it since you got here in july 2011, but use whatever supports your stance. To my knowledge, this board didn't exist in 2005. Was on ITAT. READ the following statement....

I also, pre-season, had us winning National Championships in 2004 & 2010, the only two years I have done so. again, no proof, You got here in july 2011 (AFTER those seasons were long finished) You're going to have to do better than that. Ask any long-time ITAT member, particularly XtremeTiger. We've known one another for 16 years, on boards and face to face. He emails me nearly every season to ask my predictions because I am that damn good.

I'm also the guy that requested Auburn @ South Carolina 2011 footage from you so that I could HELP Auburn fans out with the game synced to the Auburn announcers. Remember that? Of course you do. It "pissed you off." You are going to have to show me the PM or post where that took place. That would never piss me off. I can PM you some info (that I can't share here) if you are interested.

NEVER piss you off???

SC%202011_1000.jpg

That's ok. I spliced it together, commercial break to commercial break, having to tediously listen by ear to sync it. Took me about 20 hours to do it. With your 14G file, I could have done it in 1 hour. The result of this Auburn's fan's work:

But you were too busy and pissed off to help out a fellow Auburn fan.

Oh wait...my loyalty is apparently still in question.

It doesn't make me look foolish at all. It was a simple question based on a history of your negative posting. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, its just the constant defeatist attitude I don't understand.

History of negative posting??? ONE prediction makes one have a deafest attitude???

We are, BTW, an 8-9 point dog in the game. I'd hate to know what some of you sunshiners have lost in Auburn games with your eternal optimistic attitudes.

Likely the reason why you guys only post predictions on a board.

Auburn. Longer than you. only if you are older than me. But you insinuated I wasn't an Auburn fan.

I had us losing to GT in the 2005 opener because Tre Smith was starting over Kenny Irons, thus I predicted at least 4 turnovers by Cox. no way to prove it since you got here in july 2011, but use whatever supports your stance. To my knowledge, this board didn't exist in 2005. Was on ITAT. READ the following statement....

I also, pre-season, had us winning National Championships in 2004 & 2010, the only two years I have done so. again, no proof, You got here in july 2011 (AFTER those seasons were long finished) You're going to have to do better than that. Ask any long-time ITAT member, particularly XtremeTiger. We've known one another for 16 years, on boards and face to face. He emails me nearly every season to ask my predictions because I am that damn good.

NEVER piss you off???

SC%202011_1000.jpg

That's ok. I spliced it together, commercial break to commercial break, having to tediously listen by ear to sync it. Took me about 20 hours to do it. With your 14G file, I could have done it in 1 hour.

But you were too busy and pissed off to help out a fellow Auburn fan. Yes, I'm busy. i have a life to live. I explained that in the pm exchange as well.

The nerve of me. Asking for a favor that helps Auburn fans. I stand by my response in that exchange. There was no option at the time to transfer a file that large. You kept pushing for methods that weren't available or I would have mentioned them myself. I didn't remember you being a member of TYT.

History of negative posting??? ONE prediction makes one have a deafest attitude???

We are, BTW, an 8-9 point dog in the game. I'd hate to know what some of you sunshiners have lost in Auburn games with your eternal optimistic attitudes. Funny how the pessimistic posters call themselves realists.

Likely the reason why you only post predictions on a board.

Yes, history of negative posting. I haven't lost anything to an Auburn game ever. I'm disappointed for a few hours and its over.

If you actually watched my posts, you would know i rarely if ever post a prediction on this board or any other.

So maybe the two of you could take this back and forth to PMs. Just a thought.

NEVER piss you off???

SC%202011_1000.jpg

That's ok. I spliced it together, commercial break to commercial break, having to tediously listen by ear to sync it. Took me about 20 hours to do it. With your 14G file, I could have done it in 1 hour. The result of this Auburn's fan's work:

But you were too busy and pissed off to help out a fellow Auburn fan.

We are, BTW, an 8-9 point dog in the game. I'd hate to know what some of you sunshiners have lost in Auburn games with your eternal optimistic attitudes.

Likely the reason why you guys only post predictions on a board.

This is from the archives!

What's wrong with being optimistic about this game?

Absolutely nothing.

Nope. Only something wrong with acknowledging that the #2 team in the country might beat an unranked team.

It's only July?

I'm about to get roasted on here as I normally don't post on this Auburn board. I just read. My posting style is pointed and I pull no punches. However, I don't resort to name calling just facts in my posts. Some don't like that but this does need to be pointed out to my fellow Auburn fans. Let me repeat I am not a sunshine pumper at all. I'll call a spade a spade. Having said that, there is no excuse for Auburn to be losing to this team. None. I could care less what Vegas says or what Clemson did last year. Auburn is the more experienced team and the more talented team and we're playing at home.

Rivals Recruiting team rankings since 2012 which is the relevant time frame for this year's team(to include any possible 5th year seniors)

2012-Auburn 10 Clemson 14

2013-Auburn 9 Clemson 14

2014-Auburn 9 Clemson 13

2015-Auburn 7 Clemson 4

2016-Auburn 9 Clemson 6

Averaged recruiting ranking for 5 year span(5 year span chosen due to possible 5th year seniors on team for either team with 2016 class not being as important yet due to most being true frosh but counted anyways)- Auburn 8.8 Clemson 10.2

So according to Rivals during the last 5 relevant years as it pertains to recruiting, this year's team Auburn has slightly out-recruited Clemson by a little under two spots. For all intents and purposes Auburn and Clemson are even in terms of talent according to Rivals. Where did people get the idea that Clemson has out-recruited Auburn? They haven't! We have equal or better talent. And there is ZERO excuse for Auburn to lose to this team AT HOME. If we do lose this game, it's on coaching... period. The talent to beat these guys is there. If it's not getting done the coaches are responsible for not coaching our guys up. There is no excuse for losing to this team at home regardless of what they did last year in playing for the championship.

How about another recruiting service?

Scout recruiting rankings

2012-Auburn 8 Clemson 17

2013-Auburn 13 Clemson 12

2014-Auburn 8 Clemson 28

2015-Auburn 3 Clemson 15

2016-Auburn 9 Clemson 15

Average over 5 year span - Auburn 8.2 Clemson 17.4

Scout puts Auburn more in front of Clemson on the talent scale than even Rivals did.

That's two recruiting services. So, just in case you think the normal recruiting services are junk or bogus, I'll throw in one that isn't based on hype just offers from schools. That way bias is lessened in case you don't like normal recruiting services giving bumps/drops etc. The name of the site is http://www.rankbyoffers.com

They don't go back to 2012 so we'll start with 2013.

Team rankings

2013- Auburn 9 Clemson 12

2014-Auburn 11 Clemson 23

2015- Auburn 1 Clemson 6

2016 - Auburn 8 Clemson 7

4 year average- Auburn 7.25 Clemson 12

That's three recruiting services. Two standard and one off the wall. All three give Auburn the edge in terms of talent.

Bottom line - I could care less what they did last year in the natty. Auburn has no excuse for losing to these guys on our home field come this fall. We are more talented, more experienced, and at home. If we do lose it's on the coaches not our players.

Archived