Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, looking for 1-2 tickets for this game. Could anybody help me out here? Point me in the right direction

There's a tickets forum in the AU Marketplace on this site. Craigslist can be sketchy, but it's worked for me on more than one occasion.

It's certainly going to take more than Lawson have a great game that's for sure. He struggled some with outside containment last year...many did though. I have faith in our defense to keep things close for us.

Thus the comment about how he has to play up to his potential. Whether people want to argue the point or not... if we don't keep Watson under duress, this is going to be a VERY hard game to win. Lawson is our best hope to make that happen.

Lawson will definitely be one of the more important people. We'll need an athletic linebacker and our corners will need to play their best games. We'll need at the least to create two turnovers

Some of you are forgetting how many players Clemson lost

Some of you are forgetting that Clemson has the best player in the country. We all know what one player can do.

AND they get one of the Top 2-3 WRs in the Nation back...Mike Williams. The guy would be in the league right now if not for his injury.

Have we heard anything on what Carlton Davis' punishment will be? If he gets Nick Marshall's punishment (out for the 1st Half), Williams will have two TDs by halftime.

Who was that WR in the championship game that Watson kept throwing to? Hunter Renfrow? That kid was a truefrosh and snagged some really good one's - more in the mid to short range throws but he was money against that uat defense even though they laid some solid licks on him throughout he stuck in their and did his job.

Yup, that's him. They have three WRs and one TE that would start for ANYONE in the Nation.

Hope we get on the scoreboard? HOPE WE GET ON THE SCOREBOARD!?!?!

What in the world is going on around here??? They are coming to Our House.

USC came to Our House in 2003, humidity & all. I was there.

Did Campbell, Cadillac & Ronnie get on the scoreboard?

This Clemson team is a LOT better than that USC team.

That USC team had two Heisman Trophy winners on it, finished 12-1 and ranked AP #1, and was the source of much controversy over who deserved to play in the BCS National Championship Game. Saying this Clemson team is a LOT better than the 2003 USC Trojans is quite premature.

2003 Leinart: 3496 total yards / 39 total TDs

2015 Watson: 5214 total yards / 47 total TDs

2003 Bush: 835 total yards / 7 total TDs

2015 Gallman: 1740 total yards / 14 total TDs

That USC team had two Heisman Trophy winners on it, finished 12-1 and ranked AP #1, and was the source of much controversy over who deserved to play in the BCS National Championship Game. Saying this Clemson team is a LOT better than the 2003 USC Trojans is quite premature.

Last year's Clemson team is not a lot different than that 2003 USC team. It remains to be seen how good this year's team will be. Gallman is a solid RB. I don't know that he's better than Reggie Bush.

Last year's Clemson team is not a lot different than that 2003 USC team. It remains to be seen how good this year's team will be. Gallman is a solid RB. I don't know that he's better than Reggie Bush.

Stats be damned.

I suppose 2016 AU is not a lot different than 2003 AU either. We have Campbell's and Cadillac's and Ronnie's running wild.

Not confident for this game unfortunately. Never a fan of how we play in week one even against cupcakes.

We have to 'find our identity' again which means QB issues abound. Our defense may be our bright spot this season but our offense the last two years has me seriously concerned.

Stats be damned.

I suppose 2016 AU is not a lot different than 2003 AU either. We have Campbell's and Cadillac's and Ronnie's running wild.

Don't believe I said that at all did I? Of course, we had those guys in 2002 and 2003 and lost both games to USC. It wasn't until the following year that they melded into what we remember as the 2004 team. Sometimes a year can make a pretty big difference...which is why we play the games on the field, and don't fold because of stats one team put up the year before.

Stats be damned.

Don't believe I said that at all did I? Of course, we had those guys in 2002 and 2003 and lost both games to USC. It wasn't until the following year that they melded into what we remember as the 2004 team. Sometimes a year can make a pretty big difference...which is why we play the games on the field, and don't fold because of stats one team put up the year before.

No one folds because of gaudy stats. Just ask Patrick Nix, Daniel Cobb & Brandon Cox.

But let's be real...those games were anomalies...historic...but far from what typically happens.

Clemson is a lot different from 2003 USC. They have a DT QB, who's a better passer than Leinart was in 2003.

They have Gallman, who was more than TWICE the production last year than Bush was in 2003.

They have THREE WRs and one TE who would start on ANYONE'S team this season.

The one thing they don't have is 2003 USC's Defense. Does it really matter vs. a one-trick pony...errrr...Jovon Robinson on Sept. 3rd?

Would anyone who wagers consistently, wager something more than a chest-thump that AU scores more than THAT offense?

Finally, the last time Clemson came to JH, they BY FAR, came the closest to beating the 2010 National Champions. A mere 2 foot overthrow, so if anything, they come in over-confident.

I hope Deshaun Watson channels Terry Dean & Rex Grossman, but I 100% don't see it.

No, USCe, KY, and Bama came just as close to beating the 2010 NC's.

Also, a miserable USCe team and an average UNC team both took this somehow "unbeatable" team you describe to the brink last season. Clemson will not be as good as they were in 2015. Auburn will be better than they were in 2015. The game is in our house, where we have historically played pretty well against top 5 teams. Let the chips land where they may.

Also, a miserable USCe team and an average UNC team both took this somehow "unbeatable" team you describe to the brink last season. Clemson will not be as good as they were in 2015. Auburn will be better than they were in 2015. The game is in our house, where we have historically played pretty well against top 5 teams. Let the chips land where they may.

No. Not even close.

SC was a failed TD AND 2-point conversion JUST TO TIE.

UK had ZERO control of the game as the game was tied. AU drove the field & won.

bammer trailed by 1 the last 11:55 of the game and NEVER made it past the Auburn 34-yard line.

Clemson was a 2-foot overthrow from WINNING THE GAME. If Parker takes a smidge off the ball to a WIDE FREAKING OPEN Jaron Brown, IT IS OVER. No other game is remotely close.

This is an argument you cannot win. It is utterly pathetic how some Auburn fans refuse to recall how close this game was to defeat.

As if the closer the game was, the more we have to give Dabo the credit. WHO FREAKING CARES? If bammer took us closer to the limit, so be it, but they didn't. Clemson did. And it wasn't even close.

Clemson will be MUCH better on offense this season, esp w the addition of 1st Round WR Mike Williams.

With likely no Carlton Davis the 1st Half, Williams scores two TDs by halftime. Clemson will be up ~ 28-6 at halftime and you guys will contract amnesia what I said 2 months prior.

^CD (and the others') punishment might depend on how badly the Alabama duo gets punished. If they don't have to sit a down (would that surprise anyone?), Davis might start.

If we utilize the option/wildcat effectively, we can make some noise offensively.

(On a side note, while he didn't rank us in the top 25 (29th), Steele actually still has us ranked in the top half of the SEC (6th)--ahead of TAMU, Arky, MSU and FL. Since I saw this on a non-premium site (Fly War Eagle), I figured I could post this.)

No. Not even close.

bammer trailed by 1 the last 11:55 of the game and NEVER made it past the Auburn 34-yard line.

Clemson was a 2-foot overthrow from WINNING THE GAME. If Parker takes a smidge off the ball to a WIDE FREAKING OPEN Jaron Brown, IT IS OVER. No other game is remotely close.

This is an argument you cannot win. It is utterly pathetic how some Auburn fans refuse to recall how close this game was to defeat.

As if the closer the game was, the more we have to give Dabo the credit. WHO FREAKING CARES? If bammer took us closer to the limit, so be it, but they didn't. Clemson did. And it wasn't even close.

Clemson will be MUCH better on offense this season, esp w the addition of 1st Round WR Mike Williams.

With likely no Carlton Davis the 1st Half, Williams scores two TDs by halftime. Clemson will be up ~ 28-6 at halftime and you guys will contract amnesia what I said 2 months prior.

How is that not recalling how close the Clemson game was? They were all close. That in no way, shape or form relates to a game being played 6 years later.

I doubt Clemson will be a better team in 2016 than they were on both sides of the ball. I love how you are trying to project scores without seeing either team play. Like I said, you don't know which teams will show up in the opener, and it's at Jordan-Hare. I like our chances to keep it close and possibly knock off a highly ranked team to start the year.

No. Not even close.

How is that not recalling how close the Clemson game was? They were all close. That in no way, shape or form relates to a game being played 6 years later.

I doubt Clemson will be a better team in 2016 than they were on both sides of the ball. I love how you are trying to project scores without seeing either team play. Like I said, you don't know which teams will show up in the opener, and it's at Jordan-Hare. I like our chances to keep it close and possibly knock off a highly ranked team to start the year.

Jacksonville State came to Jordan Hare last year too. We didn't win a single SEC game in Jordan Hare last year. it'll be nice that we are at home, but it wont matter vs Clemson.

Why must so many people on this forum be a smart ass...?

This^^^^^^ it makes it unbearable at times. As for the game I believe the team that controls the running game wins. If AU can rush for 200-250 and limit Clemson to less than 125 I think the good guys when. Home team gets 3 pts. Carson's role will be huge IMO.

No. Not even close.

I'm curious. What team are you a fan of? I ask because I can't imagine any Auburn fan anywhere, writing off a game as a loss in June. I guess some just live with that defeatist attitude all year long.

No. Not even close.

I'm curious. What team are you a fan of? I ask because I can't imagine any Auburn fan anywhere, writing off a game as a loss in June. I guess some just live with that defeatist attitude all year long.

You aren't kidding.

No. Not even close.

You aren't kidding.

We have several of those. It never matters what month it is, the song remains the same and, for them, the show must go on.

Archived