Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

Fair enough. I agree that Gus doesn't have an excuse this year for a repeat of last year. I think we'll field much improved personnel, though.

Until proven otherwise, I consider last season to be an understandable aberration. I also agree that there is no excuse for a repeat performance this season. This season will be the one that makes my mind up about Gus.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a must win attitude game for Auburn. A chance to make a nationwide statement on your home field. There should be a sense of urgency about the game now.

Decide who the qb will be now. If Gus is sleepwalking through the summer then this season is already done. Pick any game from last year and don't do what you did then.

Imo we are going to get absolutely shredded by Watson. We can't stop him. He's great. That's ok, though. We just need to make sure we capitalize on opportunities that are given to stay in the game and make a few big plays. I think we will, due to the incredible environment the game will be in. Upset all day!

Imo we are going to get absolutely shredded by Watson. We can't stop him. He's great. That's ok, though. We just need to make sure we capitalize on opportunities that are given to stay in the game and make a few big plays. I think we will, due to the incredible environment the game will be in. Upset all day!

I think for the most part he will shred us, you are right. But if he slips up even once or twice and gives us a chance, their defensive depth issues could rear their ugly head in a heart beat.

Clemson lost 8 defensive starters from last season and returns 8 offensive starter.

The Bottom Line: Auburn needs to score 40+ pts for us to have chance.

If we can keep it within 10 pts going into halftime we can position ourselves nicely to pull off the upset. But if Clemson is on fire out of the gate we might be in trouble. JHS is going to need to be rocking and if the team can keep the crowd in it we could surprise the entire country. But the last time we saw our offense on the field it felt like if we were just down 14 points we were buried for good.

actually none of us really have any idea how this game will unfold. the only thing we can count on it their qb and offense is probably still very good. but i agree with the above post the run game is always a good place to start.

Clemson lost 8 defensive starters from last season and returns 8 offensive starter.

Half of your initial statement defende our ability to win. Lol. You saying we can win? Cause i am.

Every player has to have their worst game at some point

Including Watson.

There seem to be a bunch of similarities between this game and the '13 A&M game imo

A crazy good game by our dline could (potentially) shut down if not severely slow down their QB play. If we can run all over their D like we should be able to, we might be too much for them.

Of course, that's my most optimistic view of the game outside of JJ starting and throwing for 350 and running for 150.

I meant what I put in OP title- "Clempson"

I've always wondered why people use that alternative spelling.

Being from right down the road (literally....game day traffic goes right by my parents house) I can only add that Carolinians, like most southerners tend to add letters to words where there aren't any. Blame our Irish/Scottish roots.

Let me assure anyone on this board I despise clemson more than anyone here. See I refuse to even capitalize the name. I grew up 30 miles from there. Even when they were a shtty team, their fans were obnoxious. Now that they're winning, they are unbearable.clemson is my Alabama. I pulled for bama in the Nat champ game. Dabo is a pompous ass. Got a speeding ticket and they found cause to fire the deputy. Dabs never came to his defense. I'm saying deshaun Watson does not have a great game and we win. I hope. WDE

How old are you...just asking?

I'm old...why?

Auburn (Gus) hasn't given us (fans) any reason for optimism in the last year or two.

If we see the same strategy and play calling as last year the fans just may storm the field to run him out of the stadium

I meant what I put in OP title- "Clempson"

I've always wondered why people use that alternative spelling.

Being from right down the road (literally....game day traffic goes right by my parents house) I can only add that Carolinians, like most southerners tend to add letters to words where there aren't any. Blame our Irish/Scottish roots.

Let me assure anyone on this board I despise clemson more than anyone here. See I refuse to even capitalize the name. I grew up 30 miles from there. Even when they were a shtty team, their fans were obnoxious. Now that they're winning, they are unbearable.clemson is my Alabama. I pulled for bama in the Nat champ game. Dabo is a pompous ass. Got a speeding ticket and they found cause to fire the deputy. Dabs never came to his defense. I'm saying deshaun Watson does not have a great game and we win. I hope. WDE

How old are you...just asking?

I'm old...why?

Just curious since I'm from the same area (Easley).

Half of your initial statement defende our ability to win. Lol. You saying we can win? Cause i am.

Auburn 41

Clemson 34

;)

Dabo hires very good coachs, if he just didn't act like such a tool. I've never had anything against Clemson except for the Dabo antics.

Fixed it.

And I predict a game similar to the AU/UF 2006 game.

Dabo hires very good coachs, if he just didn't act like such a tool. I've never had anything against Clemson except for the Dabo antics.

Fixed it.

Was that a game in which we won without scoring an offensive TD?

I'll take it.

Fixed it.

I'll take it.

That's the one.

Fixed it.

I'll take it.

That's the one.

We had a blocked punt returned for a TD that game right? Tre Smith flipping into the endzone I think. Man those Tuberville low-scoring down to the wire games weren't any easier on my heart than these high scoring shootouts we started finding ourselves in since Tubs left.

34-31. AU IMO

If our defense allows Clemson to score 30+ points, they will win for sure IMHO. As they proved last season, they are lethal on offense and can score fast and often. They tore up the best defensive line in the country only 5 months ago. Maybe Gus will utilize a TE since that seemed to be one of Dabo's weaknesses in the NC game?

That would be ideal but between not wanting to use a TE very often and the fact that our roster doesn't have an OJ Howard it might be asking for too much

34-31. AU IMO

If our defense allows Clemson to score 30+ points, they will win for sure IMHO. As they proved last season, they are lethal on offense and can score fast and often. They tore up the best defensive line in the country only 5 months ago. Maybe Gus will utilize a TE since that seemed to be one of Dabo's weaknesses in the NC game?

bama definitely had a great defensive line, but they also struggled against Chad Kelly, and saban has always had trouble with mobile QBs. Not saying we're any better prepared to defend Clemson, but I wouldn't have any trouble believing that we could have superior mobility on the edges. I absolutely believe that a healthy Carl Lawson is at least as well equipped to contain and chase down Watson than anybody bama had last year. I do worry about inexperience on the other side, but I don't worry about athleticism. I worry about our LBs, but not our DL.

Don't get me wrong. Our defense will not be as good as bama's was last year, but the way we match up with Clemson could narrow the gap a little. *puts on helmet and prepares to get pummeled by people who know football better*

That would be ideal but between not wanting to use a TE very often and the fact that our roster doesn't have an OJ Howard it might be asking for too much

Maybe Cox and Pettway could cause similar problems coming out of the HB spot?

Maybe Cox and Pettway could cause similar problems coming out of the HB spot?

I hope so, man. That added element to our O could be a big difference maker. I really like the power Pettway brings to the table when he has the ball in his hands. I hope he has a few opportunities per game to bring the pain on an opposing LB or safety. I also think Cox has gifted hands that can make defenses pay as well.

Archived