The Brexit Vote

AUDub

First, Putin is happy with the results. It went the way he wanted it to.

Secondly, do you really think Putin could have improved the chances of this outcome by speaking out in favor of the UK leaving the EU? You really think the absence of comment on his part had more to do with Putin's statesmanship than simply not mucking things up with a counterproductive statement?

That's insanely idiotic.

There no limit to the stupidity you are willing to exhibit in order to disparage Obama. It's laughable.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter. He can feel the way he wants. Point is, he didn't try to threaten, coerce or intimidate anyone BEFORE the vote !

Secondly, do you really think Putin could have improved the chances of this outcome by speaking out in favor of the UK leaving the EU? You really think the absence of comment on his part had more to do with Putin's statesmanship than simply not mucking things up with a counterproductive statement?

Facts are, he didn't open his mouth like Obama did. We'll never know what might have, could have happened, based on what he didn't say.

That's insanely idiotic.

Sayeth the blind apologist for Obama.

There no limit to the stupidity you are willing to exhibit in order to disparage Obama. It's laughable.

He does it to himself. You're just too much of a cheerleader and useful idiot to recognize it.

Raptor and Trump praising and admiring Putin. Everyone following along?

Call them as I see them. I guess you have a problem with that?

Nope, just doing the same.

So complex , the concept of leaders of countries NOT telegraphing what THE PEOPLE in another country should do , vs when a leader goes out of his way to threaten and try to coerce , how ever smugly or casually, what course of action they should take.

Or else.

Is that REALLY too much for your brain to process , or are you stubbornly playing the tribalism game, where if red is for it, blue MUST be against it.

You reflexively frame things the way you will. You're crazy that way. The facts don't even matter.

You reflexively frame things the way you will. You're crazy that way. The facts don't even matter.

The facts are exactly what you're ignoring.

Typical.

Obama, ever the smug, arrogant prick he is ( back of the queue, back of the bus, the Cambridge police acted stupidly , etc... ) simply can NOT help but put himself into every g-damn situation.

Queen of England gives him a pen of historical significance, and what's he give her in return? A freakin box set of DVDs that won't even work in the UK, due to formatting. Oh, and don't forget the I-pod, full of HIS favorite music and most INCREDIBLE speeches...

Punk, arrogant, narcissist with a HUGE inferiority complex is what we have as President now.

obama-working-out-leaked.gif

Doesn't matter. He can feel the way he wants. Point is, he didn't try to threaten, coerce or intimidate anyone BEFORE the vote !

Of course he didn't. Why would he, when it would be counterproductive? That's my point.

Course, I wouldn't be surprised to find he secretly funded the Brexit campaign. You apparently think he's too honorable to do something like that.

Typical.

Obama, ever the smug, arrogant prick he is ( back of the queue, back of the bus, the Cambridge police acted stupidly , etc... ) simply can NOT help but put himself into every g-damn situation.

Queen of England gives him a pen of historical significance, and what's he give her in return? A freakin box set of DVDs that won't even work in the UK, due to formatting. Oh, and don't forget the I-pod, full of HIS favorite music and most INCREDIBLE speeches...

Punk, arrogant, narcissist with a HUGE inferiority complex is what we have as President now.

Keep proving my point.

Facts are, he didn't open his mouth like Obama did. We'll never know what might have, could have happened, based on what he didn't say.

Of course he didn't. Why would he, when it would be counterproductive? That's my point.

That's insanely idiotic.

Sayeth the blind apologist for Obama.

He does it to himself. You're just too much of a cheerleader and useful idiot to recognize it.

Actually, I think Obama made a mistake in the way he handled this. What he said was probably counter-productive also. Obama messed up and I don't have a problem saying so. So you are lying.

But we are talking about Putin here. Your hero.

Course, I wouldn't be surprised to find he secretly funded the Brexit campaign. You apparently think he's too honorable to do something like that.

If it was so counterproductive, then why did Obama do it?????

And as for funding Brexit, that's the sort of tactic that Obama would have done. He was the one who sent me his campaign staff to try to defeat Netanyahu , in the Israeli election. Again, talk about meddling in the affairs of other countries.

Typical.

Keep proving my point.

Seriously.

When you have ODS anything and everything is about Obama. :laugh:

You would think he could recognize that he's just affirming his ODS with every post, but he simply cannot help himself.

If it was so counterproductive, then why did Obama do it?????

And as for funding Brexit, that's the sort of tactic that Obama would have done. He was the one who sent me his campaign staff to try to defeat Netanyahu , in the Israeli election. Again, talk about meddling in the affairs of other countries.

Because he didn't know it would be counterproductive! Duuuuuuuh! :-\

It backfired on him because of the clumsy and insensitive way he handled it. (And he was requested to make a statement by Cameron.)

So to confirm, you equate Obama's morality regarding "meddling" in other's affairs to Putin. Is that correct?

Cameron did not just step down on a mere suggestion.

He stepped down because he failed. It does not change the fact that this vote is not legally binding.

Spoken like a true progressive. They'd like nothing better than to subvert the will of the people. We'll see, Im thinking it'll stand binding or not,.

He stepped down because he failed. It does not change the fact that this vote is not legally binding.

Spoken like a true progressive. They'd like nothing better than to subvert the will of the people. We'll see, Im thinking it'll stand binding or not,.

Spoken like a progressive-- you mean merely stating facts?

Because he didn't know it would be counterproductive! Duuuuuuuh! :-\

irrelevant ! He shouldn't have done it - PERIOD ! Was it counter productive to send his campaign staff over to Israel to try and get Netanyahu defeated ? You keep omitting that topic, outright. I wonder why.

It backfired on him because of the clumsy and insensitive way he handled it. (And he was requested to make a statement by Cameron.)

Requested or not ( please offer a cite for that, thanks ) Obama isn't beholden to take part in Britain's election process, is he ? He should have politely declined, and simply say he hoped for an enthusiastic and highly participated election, and just left it at that

So to confirm, you equate Obama's morality regarding "meddling" in other's affairs to Putin. Is that correct?

Clearly, on such political matters, Obama CHOSE poorly here, and Putin did not. Of course, Obama chose to meddle w/ Israel, and failed. And when he COULD have spoken out w/ regards to the Green Revolution in Iran, he basically sat on his hands and told the reformers - You're on your own.

Of course, we know WHY he did that, now, is because he had been negotiating w/ the Mullahs of Iran since day 1 in office, and he needed to curry favor w/ them to make his asinine and stupid deal. It only makes perfect sense now, that when a chance for freedom came to Iran, Obama was too wrapped up in his own legacy to give a damn about the people. Per usual.

You're an idiot. I'm not advocating for this to happen, I"m just telling you the legalities. There is no legal trigger in the referendum that forces them to take action.

I think it'll end up happening too. But this thing of yours where anytime someone says something you don't like you start putting them into some ideological box needs to stop.

You're an idiot. I'm not advocating for this to happen, I"m just telling you the legalities. There is no legal trigger in the referendum that forces them to take action.

I think it'll end up happening too. But this thing of yours where anytime someone says something you don't like you start putting them into some ideological box needs to stop.

You seem more than a tad defensive. I never said you were advocating anything.I simply made the statement that going to the "its not legally binding" sounded exactly like something a progressive would be concerned with and certainly not the will of the people. Liberal progressives have no use for the will of the people when its going against them, as evidenced by their tendency to sue ala AL Gore when they lose an election. Pretty predictable actually. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were threatening me. Please, Im not ideologically categorizing anyone just posting my honest thoughts. I don't like or dislike what you posted - in fact, it doesn't matter at all to me but it did prompt my response and it appears you're the one with the problem not me.

You seem more than a tad defensive. I never said you were advocating anything.I simply made the statement that going to the "its not legally binding" sounded exactly like something a progressive would be concerned with and certainly not the will of the people. Liberal progressives have no use for the will of the people when its going against them, as evidenced by their tendency to sue ala AL Gore when they lose an election. Pretty predictable actually. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were threatening me. Please, Im not ideologically categorizing anyone just posting my honest thoughts. I don't like or dislike what you posted - in fact, it doesn't matter at all to me but it did prompt my response and it appears you're the one with the problem not me.

You are so far gone that a simple statement of fact sends you over the edge. How Brexit plays out is anyone's guess right now. What will the will of the people be in October? What is it now? Does Scotland have a "veto" as they claim? Will Boris Johnson be elected? Will he be willing to pull the trigger? All interesting points for discussion-- which is what one does on a discussion board. The British media is talking about all these things.

It's also laughable that you think "conservatives"are the only ones that care about the will of the people. Based on what? You're a pure ideologue. You're so deep that even a statement of fact makes you go off.

You seem more than a tad defensive.

Because your ignorance is irritating.

I never said you were advocating anything.I simply made the statement that going to the "its not legally binding" sounded exactly like something a progressive would be concerned with and certainly not the will of the people.

You really don't understand the English idiom do you?

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were threatening me.

I don't do veiled threats. If I ever threaten you, there will be no mistaking what I'm doing.

Please, Im not ideologically categorizing anyone just posting my honest thoughts.

Please. You pull that s*** all that time. It's why I reacted to it the way I did.

I don't like or dislike what you posted - in fact, it doesn't matter at all to me but it did prompt my response and it appears you're the one with the problem not me.

You are the problem.

Guest NC1406

Ignoring the referendum would be ill advised. The Scots obviously wanted to stay in the EU. They recently voted to stay a part of the UK, maybe they need to vote again and go it alone. Funny, they would be fighting against consolidation of power to consolidate power somewhere else. Careful what you wish for. Btw I am of Scottish ancestory and this is crazy.

Ignoring the referendum would be ill advised. The Scots obviously wanted to stay in the EU. They recently voted to stay a part of the UK, maybe they need to vote again and go it alone. Funny, they would be fighting against consolidation of power to consolidate power somewhere else. Careful what you wish for. Btw I am of Scottish ancestory and this is crazy.

I doubt they don't follow the referendum unless there is a clear shift in public opinion.

IMG_20160626_172818-1.jpg

So does that mean they think Trump is going to win in November ?

EU referendum has come and gone.

Spoken like a progressive-- you mean merely stating facts?

:laugh:

Weasel in back-peddle mode. :laugh:

Archived