The Brexit Vote

AUDub

If there’s one thing that’s going to be discussed about the recent Brexit referendum, it’s immigration. The UK voted to leave the European Union last Thursday—and many Britons have had it with their inability to govern themselves as a sovereign nation. One man explicitly said he voted to stop the flow of immigration; he didn’t’ care about Europe or trade deals. Some were concerned about jobs, while others noted the pernicious system in which un-elected bureaucrats stuck their beaks into how the UK governs its affairs. One woman said what’s the point passing any sort of laws in the UK, when Brussels will change them.

Yet, immigration seems to be a huge issue, where many think that the massive influx of immigrants has placed an enormous strain on the country’s welfare state

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/06/25/with-brexit-it-was-all-about-immigration-n2183227?utm_content=buffer97026&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NC1406

Well he's been rendered speechless.

Actually the mods blocked me ��

Say huh?

I could not post for 15 minutes. Account blocked. I entered the correct password but access denied. ?

So I think I've proven that without the immigration card, Brexit would have failed.

So again, a country who colonized half of the world is all of the sudden concerned with borders.

Guest NC1406

If there’s one thing that’s going to be discussed about the recent Brexit referendum, it’s immigration. The UK voted to leave the European Union last Thursday—and many Britons have had it with their inability to govern themselves as a sovereign nation. One man explicitly said he voted to stop the flow of immigration; he didn’t’ care about Europe or trade deals. Some were concerned about jobs, while others noted the pernicious system in which un-elected bureaucrats stuck their beaks into how the UK governs its affairs. One woman said what’s the point passing any sort of laws in the UK, when Brussels will change them.

Yet, immigration seems to be a huge issue, where many think that the massive influx of immigrants has placed an enormous strain on the country’s welfare state

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/06/25/with-brexit-it-was-all-about-immigration-n2183227?utm_content=buffer97026&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So is it immigration or the strain on the welfare state.

Guest NC1406

So I think I've proven that without the immigration card, Brexit would have failed.

So again, a country who colonized half of the world is all of the sudden concerned with borders.

Proven. You serious Clark(Christmas vacation reference ). ?

Say huh?

I could not post for 15 minutes. Account blocked. I entered the correct password but access denied. ?

I was referencing your two posts where you blockquoted Tex but typed nothing of your own.

EDIT: And surely you're kidding. No mod would do any such thing.

Proven. You serious Clark(Christmas vacation reference ). ?

did you watch the last video and read the other reference material or are you more interested in making stupid comments?

Guest NC1406

folks that think they are elite tend to tell others they make stupid comments or that they are uneducated. You an Academy grad by chance.

Say huh?

Let me look into it.

Guest NC1406

Say huh?

Let me look into it.

Hey thanks. I appreciate the concern.

folks that think they are elite tend to tell others they make stupid comments or that they are uneducated. You an Academy grad by chance.

So then you didnt read or watch any of the reference material.

I'm an AU grad so yeah, I'm elite.

Say huh?

Let me look into it.

Hey thanks. I appreciate the concern.

What I'm thinking is that you may have randomly picked up an IP from your provider that we blocked when we banned someone else. But I can't determine which one it was.

If it happens again, before refreshing, open a new tab in your browser and go to whatismyip.com and PM me the IP address that it shows.

Well well, isn't THIS interesting.

( Let's see who can follow along, and who can't )

Hours after British Prime Minister David Cameron announced his resignation, after losing a referendum on Britain’s membership in the EU, Putin broke his silence on the referendum and took a swipe at Cameron. The outgoing British prime minister had previously said that a vote for Britain to exit the EU (know as a “Brexit”) would only benefit those who would prefer instability in the U.K. and in Europe such as Islamist militants and Putin.

The Russian leader waited over a month to respond, but did so in searing style, saying Russia would never intervene in Britain’s decision making and taking a shot at Cameron’s behaviour and popularity.

“The statements of the British Prime Minister Cameron prior to this vote, in which he claimed to voice the position of Russia, has no basis,” Putin said at a conference in Uzbekistan on Friday. “I think this was nothing but a wrongful attempt to influence public opinion in his country.”

“This is nothing but a display of a low degree of political etiquette,” Putin said, Russian news agency Interfax reports, candidly pointing out that even this rhetoric did not have the desired result for Cameron.

The Russian president also added that whether the decision had “more positives than negatives” only time could tell, but he believed that, as evidenced by the result, the majority of Britons did not like the EU.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brexit-putin-takes-a-swipe-at-cameron-after-eu-vote/ar-AAhAlcz

So Putin, who supposedly would benefit from the Brexit, chose to take the high road, and say nothing. Meanwhile, Obama decided it would be a fine idea to go over and casually threaten the Brits, saying things might not go so well for them, trade wise, if they didn't choose as HE wanted.

Putin publicly stayed OUT of the affairs of Britain, while Obama... well,

Obama's Brexit statement...

INTERNATIONAL BREXIT

President Obama on Brexit Vote: 'We Respect Their Decision'

JUNE 24, 2016, 10:04 AM EDT

• Tweet
  • Facebook
  • Linkedin

Share icons

540153056.jpg?w=840&h=485&crop=1

Read the full statement.

Britain’s stunning decision to leave the European Union sent global markets reeling and led U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron to announce his resignation.

In a two-day visit in April, President Barack Obama encouraged Britain to remain in the EU, while also stressing that the decision was up to the nation’s voters. Early on Friday, the White House released a statement from President Obama in which he said “the people of the United Kingdom have spoken, and we respect their decision.”

Here’s the complete statement:

The people of the United Kingdom have spoken, and we respect their decision. The special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom is enduring, and the United Kingdom’s membership in NATO remains a vital cornerstone of U.S. foreign, security, and economic policy. So too is our relationship with the European Union, which has done so much to promote stability, stimulate economic growth, and foster the spread of democratic values and ideals across the continent and beyond. The United Kingdom and the European Union will remain indispensable partners of the United States even as they begin negotiating their ongoing relationship to ensure continued stability, security, and prosperity for Europe, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the world.

Raptor and Trump praising and admiring Putin. Everyone following along?

Call them as I see them. I guess you have a problem with that?

Raptor's right...it's how HE sees them.

Nope, just doing the same.

Nope, just doing the same.

So complex , the concept of leaders of countries NOT telegraphing what THE PEOPLE in another country should do , vs when a leader goes out of his way to threaten and try to coerce , how ever smugly or casually, what course of action they should take.

Or else.

Is that REALLY too much for your brain to process , or are you stubbornly playing the tribalism game, where if red is for it, blue MUST be against it.

Archived