Can we talk about the ESPN broadcasting crew?

RunInRed

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, lionheartkc said:

Yes... it's been mentioned a few times and WarTiger confirmed that is should have been offensive pass interference, since the ball was in the air.

ABSOLUTELY

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any moron with at least 20/200 vision could clearly see that time had run out when the LSU center snapped the ball to the QB. This should have been caught right then and there instead of allowing LSU to make a play that some thought won the game for them. We won the game in the 60 minute time frame allowed to compete in.

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Any moron with at least 20/200 vision could clearly see that time had run out when the LSU center snapped the ball to the QB. This should have been caught right then and there instead of allowing LSU to make a play that some thought won the game for them. We won the game in the 60 minute time frame allowed to compete in.

This has been discussed several times over the last week, but from an officials standpoint, its much better to let the play continue and utilize replay to correct/confirm any potential issues after the play is over.   

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new supplement added to the rule book that says if there is less than 2 seconds remaining on the clock and the clock is scheduled to start on the ready for play that the quarter/half or game is official over.  Given the fact that all offensive players have to be set for a second between the ready and the snap, its not possible to get the ball snapped with 1 second on the clock and meet that provision.      There is already a provision in the book for minimum time on the clock after the QB intentionally spikes the ball to stop the clock.  

On 9/26/2016 at 1:02 PM, abw0004 said:

I remember in 2010 for the National Championship you had 4-5 different options of how you could watch the game.  It was pretty cool.  They should bring that back.

Just so y'all know... On WatchESPN (where I have to watch EVERY game) about 85%-90% of the time the have a skycam view that doesnt have commentary. Its been available every game so far this season.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Just so y'all know... On WatchESPN (where I have to watch EVERY game) about 85%-90% of the time the have a skycam view that doesnt have commentary. Its been available every game so far this season.

It's COOL too.

That's one thing they do well.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

It's COOL too.

That's one thing they do well.

I agree. I sure wish I could sync TuneIn radio with WatchESPN...

but I'll have to settle for their perfectly wonderful knowledgable announcers.  (/sarcasm)

9 hours ago, WarTiger said:

This has been discussed several times over the last week, but from an officials standpoint, its much better to let the play continue and utilize replay to correct/confirm any potential issues after the play is over.   

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new supplement added to the rule book that says if there is less than 2 seconds remaining on the clock and the clock is scheduled to start on the ready for play that the quarter/half or game is official over.  Given the fact that all offensive players have to be set for a second between the ready and the snap, its not possible to get the ball snapped with 1 second on the clock and meet that provision.      There is already a provision in the book for minimum time on the clock after the QB intentionally spikes the ball to stop the clock.  

You make good sense my friend. I have a lot of LSU fans who are great friends that are going to give me a hard time when I go to South Louisiana for Thanksgiving. I have watched the play over and over and it is obvious that the clock had run out. The refs made the correct call no doubt. I just wish that they could have caught this before LSU made illegal TD. It was a great win and will go down in the all-time wacky wins against the corndogs!

First time I have heard Jordan Rodgers. Thought he was pretty good. Has a future in that industry.

I agreed with a few of the main comments that the announcers were making. I too want to see more real game experience from JF3 when he is faced with adversity. I also wish we would keep our pace going when we get in the red zone. We stahl out drives when we slow that pace down and lose our rythym.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

First time I have heard Jordan Rodgers. Thought he was pretty good. Has a future in that industry.

I actually agree with you. I thought he did a decent job. 

2 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

I actually agree with you. I thought he did a decent job. 

He was obviously just hired because of who his brother is and the bachelorette fame but he def has some good analyst chops to him. I would imagine he will not be on the E or G sec network announce team next year either. Kid has talent.

I thought Jordan Rodgers was pretty bad. I loved that they kept talking about our young guys trying to make a name for themselves when our starters were still on the field.

8 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

I thought Jordan Rodgers was pretty bad. I loved that they kept talking about our young guys trying to make a name for themselves when our starters were still on the field.

WAY to ruin the positive vibes.......

12 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

I don't normally listen to the TV announcers, because I listen to Rod and Stan, so I really can't say much about this.  Yesterday, Stan quoted a stat was very telling and may support what Jordan Rodgers was talking about.  Stan said that for the season, 89% of the offense has been the result of freshman and sophomore skill players making plays.  That's amazing and give us something to look forward to as these kids develop.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WAY to ruin the positive vibes.......

GWill, we each, you included, have our "positive vibes" ruination moments. For some, the "Jordan--JoJo" drama obscures his talent. Time will tell. 

Archived