Ole Miss

Eagle-1

Freeze's backup QB, a freshman, 25-42, 338 yards, 2 TD, 64 yards rushing. Rebs get off the mat, and beat A&M. Just saying. Meanwhile, Malzahn earns $ 85,000 this week for crapping the bed, and we still have sunshine pumpers making excuses. I am beyond sick of the Gus Malzahn circus side show.

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So are you saying you'd rather have Freeze who is currently 5-5, 2-4 and tied for last place in the West? 

and is likely facing probation as well.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:24 AM, Eagle-1 said:

Freeze's backup QB, a freshman, 25-42, 338 yards, 2 TD, 64 yards rushing. Rebs get off the mat, and beat A&M. Just saying. Meanwhile, Malzahn earns $ 85,000 this week for crapping the bed, and we still have sunshine pumpers making excuses. I am beyond sick of the Gus Malzahn circus side show.

No, just merely pointing out our so called offensive genius has left us with no viable option once the starting QB got injured. He had a year to fix the QB issue, and has done nothing. Freeze has his own problems, NCAA trouble, defense that can't stop anybody, but the man can coach offense. Kelly must have thrown for 8000 yards against GA, and we played en entire half and did not make a first down.

On 11/14/2016 at 7:32 AM, Eagle-1 said:

No, just merely pointing out our so called offensive genius has left us with no viable option once the starting QB got injured. He had a year to fix the QB issue, and has done nothing. Freeze has his own problems, NCAA trouble, defense that can't stop anybody, but the man can coach offense. Kelly must have thrown for 8000 yards against GA, and we played en entire half and did not make a first down.

Sooooooooo... The defense is terrible for years, and you want him gone for that.

Then he fixes it.

Nooooow the offense is bad (for a handful of games against pretty good teams) and you'd rather have another guy?

Is it possible with any of you that 'competition' means we won't win every game? How many back to back 10 win seasons have we ever had? How many Malzahn coached teams have gone into UGA weekend with a chance to win the sec west?

I'm not pandering for mediocrity, but some of you need a taste of reality. You lose games. And if you think you could pay anyone else less than $4 million to come here and lose, you're wrong. HELL, If you think you can pay anyone that much to come here at all with fans like this, you're wrong.

14 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Sooooooooo... The defense is terrible for years, and you want him gone for that.

Then he fixes it.

Nooooow the offense is bad (for a handful of games against pretty good teams) and you'd rather have another guy?

Is it possible with any of you that 'competition' means we won't win every game? How many back to back 10 win seasons have we ever had? How many Malzahn coached teams have gone into UGA weekend with a chance to win the sec west?

I'm not pandering for mediocrity, but some of you need a taste of reality. You lose games. And if you think you could pay anyone else less than $4 million to come here and lose, you're wrong. HELL, If you think you can pay anyone that much to come here at all with fans like this, you're wrong.

Here's your reality dude. In Gus's last 18 SEC games at Auburn he has won 7 of them. Did I say anything about firing Gus? No I didn't, but I have pointed out that thus particular trend will not get it done. What I think, or what you think doesn't matter. I'm just stating the obvious .

17 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Then he fixes it.

That is not an accurate statement.  The offense was bad for basically the entirety of 2015, and it has been bad this year when it encountered a defense that it could not simply steamroll.  When it works, it makes Gus and Lashlee look brilliant.  When it does not, it makes them look inept as there is no adjustment to make it effective.  It bothers me to see that when Gus is touted as an "offensive guru", just as much as it should bother anyone when they realize they have most likely purchased snake oil.

I do not expect to win every game, and I doubt anyone else that is reasonable expects to either.  I do expect to be competitive against any team on the schedule.  I expect games that should be won, to be won, much more often than not.  I expect the offense to be able to at least gain a first down in the 2nd half.  This is year 4 of Gus' tenure.  He has a roster composed of 4 years of highly-rated recruiting at his disposal.  Offense is a side of the ball that we should not be struggling on at this point in his tenure.  Any game that can be won merely by scoring 14 points should be an automatic win.

I did not want Gus to be fired due to defensive performance.  He made the right moves, hired the right people, and behold there is good defense being played.  I do not necessarily want him fired now due to offensive performance either, as that is an extraordinarily expensive proposition.  What I do want to see is a change on offense.  No promoting from within.  No more cohorts from previous jobs.  That said, I do not think it is really possible to do that.  If Gus is doing the hiring, I expect he will always lean toward like-minded staff hires.  Considering that the current offensive brain trust thought a 3-man QB rotation was the best plan for the #2 team in a season opener, I do not think any like-minded hires are what is needed.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:24 AM, Eagle-1 said:

Wait a minute...Freeze burned the kids red shirt with only a couple games to go.....how could he do that?  :dunno:    Didn't he have someone else behind Kelly who could have played the last few games and saved Patterson for next year?    That seems to be the theme around AU this week.

5 hours ago, Strychnine said:

That is not an accurate statement.  The offense was bad for basically the entirety of 2015, and it has been bad this year when it encountered a defense that it could not simply steamroll.  When it works, it makes Gus and Lashlee look brilliant.  When it does not, it makes them look inept as there is no adjustment to make it effective.  It bothers me to see that when Gus is touted as an "offensive guru", just as much as it should bother anyone when they realize they have most likely purchased snake oil.

I do not expect to win every game, and I doubt anyone else that is reasonable expects to either.  I do expect to be competitive against any team on the schedule.  I expect games that should be won, to be won, much more often than not.  I expect the offense to be able to at least gain a first down in the 2nd half.  This is year 4 of Gus' tenure.  He has a roster composed of 4 years of highly-rated recruiting at his disposal.  Offense is a side of the ball that we should not be struggling on at this point in his tenure.  Any game that can be won merely by scoring 14 points should be an automatic win.

I did not want Gus to be fired due to defensive performance.  He made the right moves, hired the right people, and behold there is good defense being played.  I do not necessarily want him fired now due to offensive performance either, as that is an extraordinarily expensive proposition.  What I do want to see is a change on offense.  No promoting from within.  No more cohorts from previous jobs.  That said, I do not think it is really possible to do that.  If Gus is doing the hiring, I expect he will always lean toward like-minded staff hires.  Considering that the current offensive brain trust thought a 3-man QB rotation was the best plan for the #2 team in a season opener, I do not think any like-minded hires are what is needed.

Could have Said much more on the subject myself. Just tired of pointing out obvious ineptness to these sunshine pumpers . Excellent Post!

Ole Miss just placed their Assistant AD for High School and Junior College recruiting Barney Farrar on administrative leave.  Seems to be the first sacrificial lamb for the NCAA investigation.  http://www.oxfordeagle.com/2016/11/16/reports-ole-miss-football-staffer-barney-farrar-placed-on-administrative-leave/

13 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ole Miss just placed their Assistant AD for High School and Junior College recruiting Barney Farrar on administrative leave.  Seems to be the first sacrificial lamb for the NCAA investigation.  http://www.oxfordeagle.com/2016/11/16/reports-ole-miss-football-staffer-barney-farrar-placed-on-administrative-leave/

Hopefully they can't sacrifice themselves out of real sanctions.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Hopefully they can't sacrifice themselves out of real sanctions.

Looks like they will try. An OM friend for the first time has indicated to me that he is worried about the outcome....previously felt that nothing else would happen after the season.   He agreed however that beating bama a couple times had some down sides....brought undue attention to the program.  

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Looks like they will try. An OM friend for the first time has indicated to me that he is worried about the outcome....previously felt that nothing else would happen after the season.   He agreed however that beating bama a couple times had some down sides....brought undue attention to the program.  

And they thought it would be fun to be a big dog in the SEC West.  Welcome to our pain boys, welcome to our pain...

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

This investigation has been going on since before they beat uat the first time on '14.  They did nothing but bring attention to themselves through recruiting (Mark Richt raised hell about the Tunsil recruitment and he reported them), but they were already under the NCAA microscope due to the academic fraud and the other multiple sports were under investigation.  

Then the whole Tunsil step-father fiasco...the loaner car mess that OM failed to monitor  which continued to happen even after the NCAA had warned them....then the draft night drama, text messages between the Asst AD and Tunsil about payments for momma.  Now that Asst AD is placed on Admin leave and Freeze refuses to comment about anyone on his staff.

Mix all that in with the heavy booster involvement the NCAA reported in their LOA back in January where multiple coaches were named, including Hugh Freeze and this thing is growing by the day.  

Hell, the NCAA offered immunity to players this summer just to get them to talk and they were still interviewing guys in Memphis & Jackson in late October.

On November 13, 2016 at 4:24 AM, Eagle-1 said:

Oh, man. I bet you feel really smart about right now. 

"Blown out by Vanderbilt"

That's gotta be a unique feeling. 

Did not see that one coming. Does not change the fact that Ole Miss has been an offensive juggernaut since Freeze arrived there. Don't follow them close enough to know what issues played in to this weeks loss. Nothing about my previous post has changed. They still beat A&M, the team that beat us worse than any other this year to date, and does not change the fact that Gus's management of the offense has defied logic for quite some time. Does not change the fact that any team that shuts down our running game beats us, because we cannot seem to put together a legitimate down field passing game. Does not change the fact that the young man we were told was the backup QB all season has not thrown a pass in a game in weeks. Does not change the fact that Sean White was named the starter, and then no less than 7 players took snaps in the debacle that was the offensive game plan vs Clemson. Does not change the fact that he played an injured Sean White at GA, and did not crack the Mendoza line in total yardage in that game. 

Archived