Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ok Guys help me out here, as I'm about as confused as I was the day I found out I couldn't keep my doctor, or my plan. 4 years ago we hire a head coach because he was an offensive guru. This season he was going to be more hands on, then he wasn't. He turns the offense over to his protege, who runs said guru's offense. Now that protege has been forced out to take a step down job at U Conn. If I am to believe some of the posters on this very site, our only problem with the offense has been keeping the starter healthy, and QB depth. Those issues seem to be resolved for next season, so my question is why do we need to change OC when we supposedly had the most prolific offense in the SEC until Sean White got injured? It's like every thing else imminating  from the Auburn athletic dept for the last few years, it makes no damn sense.This is either another one of Gus 's logic defying decisions, or more meddling by the good ole boy Auburn network. Either way, it ain't good.

I "Liked" it.  And I like it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I "Liked" it.  And I like it.

May be some truth to that but.........

if him moving on relieves us of ridiculous decisions decisions like playing 5 qb's and not playing Franklin in the uga game.........great. 

If it doesn't.......Gus won't be here long enough for it to matter

Was just reported that Spavikal is out of the picture now.  He is to become the OC of West Virginia according to footballscoop.com

JMO but I think it now will be down to Helfrick, Lindsey, or Hand.  What do you think?

Announced on Tuesday, with 73 pages

I'm starting to think Gus will just make Hand OC and then go have some steak and eggs at the Waffle House and call it a day. 

not gonna lie guys this cut me deep!!!!!!!!! this was who I wanted the most :[. Makes more sense for him though. Dana protege and a disciple of the air raid in general.

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I'm starting to think Gus will just make Hand OC and then go have some steak and eggs at the Waffle House and call it a day. 

yup and just hire a QB coach of lesser stature down the road. This would be a Gus thing to do.

Parcells said if they want you to cook dinner they should at least let you shop for the groceries.  PTB should let Gus do his thing.  And quit giving these big buyouts if a coach wants to go so be it.  Auburn football is bigger than any coach or Booster.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Skip MH and sign Gilbert.

Gilbert was one of the ones I was inquiring about a few pages ago. Everything I've read about him I like. He is also from the Briles school of offense. He's a developer of QBs and a very good recruiter. I know he just recently joined Strong's staff at USF, but coming to Auburn and the SEC is a nobrainer.

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup and just hire a QB coach of lesser stature down the road. This would be a Gus thing to do.

They didn't push Lashlee out before signing day to give the job to Hand (who isn't even an OC).  This isn't the plan; and if it actually happens, then start the HC search thread because the power brokers would be livid.

why is Gilbert being brought up here? Is he even been mentioned by any of the media of AU insiders? Just wondering.

It seems to me based on what has been reported so far..its coming down to only Lindsey and a terrible last resort...Hand.

Anyone else feeling this?

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

why is Gilbert being brought up here? Is he even been mentioned by any of the media of AU insiders? Just wondering.

It seems to me based on what has been reported so far..its coming down to only Lindsey and a terrible last resort...Hand.

I was dreadfully thinking the same thing. 

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Because one poster mentioned him as their candidate. 

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Lindsey is out from what I've heard

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because one poster mentioned him as their candidate. 

That's not why I have brought him up. 

Archived