Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

May I humbly propose some sort of notification system - much like the text message alerts that are possible through this site on signing day - for when we have announced an OC hire so that I can avoid the distraction of pressing F5 here all day?

Not that I don't love everyone's company or insight. It's just... you know... I have a job.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well I would submit that just because it's not known to beat writers or message board posters, perhaps someone is waiting in the wings and for a potential variety of reasons, hasn't been announced yet. Maybe the person is already agreed upon but has to take care of something on his end before the public is informed for example? Maybe it has something to do with maximizing recruiting impact or something? There's tons of valid scenarios and rarely is something like this as cut and dry as the regular Joe and Jane's of the world would like. I dunno, just my .2 cents. 

Or...it could be to just help the message board community.  Keep 'em waiting means lots of clicks and posts.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe they're coaching this weekend?:o

Hmmmm

Know I shouldn't even ask, but

NFL?

Walter Camp Clinic?

37 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

May I humbly propose some sort of notification system - much like the text message alerts that are possible through this site on signing day - for when we have announced an OC hire so that I can avoid the distraction of pressing F5 here all day?

Not that I don't love everyone's company or insight. It's just... you know... I have a job.

If you use Chrome and Android, you might be able to accomplish what you wish using the combination of following the football forum and Chrome notifications.

48 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Gus hate has a tendency to cloud one's judgement...

So does being all on the Gus bus and sittin' right up front behind the driver..... Along with muskrat love too......

1 hour ago, mom2kid said:

So we let go of our OC but apparently had no one in the wings.  Meanwhile Oregon just pulled Cristobal from UAT as Co-OC.  Once again we look amateurish.

I kind of have a feeling Cristobal was hired at Oregon for one thing and one thing only...recruiting. He has never been an offensive coordinator anywhere before. Sure he was the head coach at FIU but your or I could probably be position coaches down there. I think co-offensive coordinator was just a title to get him to come to Oregon. Either that or he was tired of working for the short one. 

1 minute ago, bootskii said:

I kind of have a feeling Cristobal was hired at Oregon for one thing and one thing only...recruiting. He has never been an offensive coordinator anywhere before. Sure he was the head coach at FIU but your or I could probably be position coaches down there. I think co-offensive coordinator was just a title to give him to get him to come to Oregon. Either that or he was tired of working for the short one. 

Or the rumors are true and he was pointed toward the door along with Kiffin. It's amazing how many people fail up.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Or the rumors are true and he was pointed toward the door along with Kiffin. It's amazing how many people fail up.

Not buying those rumors on Cristobal.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not buying those rumors on Cristobal.

You probably know better than I. All I know about him is that some consider him the best recruiter in the country, and that his lines are masters of holding without getting called.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

You probably know better than I. All I know about him is that some consider him the best recruiter in the country, and that his lines are masters of holding without getting called.

I don't have insider status here.  I just know that Kiffin is a grade-A ass wart and it doesn't surprise me at all that Saban got sick of him.  I'm shocked it lasted this long.  Cristobal has no such reputation and he's an outstanding OL coach and recruiter.  No reason why he would have been forced out.

2 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

So, any truth in Helfrich is in Auburn today? So a couple sites posting it.

I've seen a couple of posters on Rivals ask, but one was a joke.  Nothing from any admins or moderators.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I don't have insider status here.  I just know that Kiffin is a grade-A ass wart and it doesn't surprise me at all that Saban got sick of him.  I'm shocked it lasted this long.  Cristobal has no such reputation and he's an outstanding OL coach and recruiter.  No reason why he would have been forced out.

You get a like just for "grade-A ass wart"

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I just know that Kiffin is a grade-A ass wart and it doesn't surprise me at all that Saban got sick of him. 

Grade A? I'm not sure he should be considered for such a prestigious designation.

Before we get a rumor that Helfrich is in Auburn, aren't we supposed to first get a rumor that his wife was seen with a realtor looking at houses? Or does that rule only apply to head coaches?

Just now, Timbeaux38 said:

Grade A? I'm not sure he should be considered for such a prestigious designation.

When someone is the best at something, can't deny them the accolades.

12 minutes ago, 1974AUgrad said:

Before we get a rumor that Helfrich is in Auburn, aren't we supposed to first get a rumor that his wife was seen with a realtor looking at houses? Or does that rule only apply to head coaches?

What about 100 pages? Is that with recruits only? What would we be at now, with the old format?

19 minutes ago, 1974AUgrad said:

That and someone posting flight logs.

19 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Whut?

Not sure who judges, but being considered a really, really good ass-wart is prestigious?

I'd kind'a rather fail on all criteria.

Just now, PigskinPat said:
20 minutes ago, 1974AUgrad said:

That and someone posting flight logs.

Sadly, the first was ruined by real estate website and the second was outlawed.

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

Whut?

Not sure who judges, but being considered a really, really good ass-wart is prestigious?

I'd kind'a rather fail on all criteria.

I guess you could approach it from the fact that he was a wart on Saban's ass... there is some level of value in that.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

They're taking the fun out of everything! ^-^

They have a bad habit of doing that.  I don't know why we keep them around.

Archived