Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kendall Briles took the job at LA Tech... did I miss something? 

Not tech. FAU with Kiffin.but if the guy at OM can leave after just a week, so can Briles. Cmon,i mean it's FAU we are talking about after all. I don't ven know what town it's located in. Maybe the town of Clemson...who knows. 

My money would be on Chip Lindsey. I don't think Gus is going to stray too far from his coaching tree. The homerun hire would be Lincoln Riley! 

If not Riley then I would love to get Kendall Briles and bring Art Briles in as a consultant. We would be crucified if we hired Art as OC. We need to hire him as a consultant first and then promote him a year or two when Kendall gets a HC gig.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I am sure he would swerve FAU for Auburn.  Don't know if he is what we need .

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Given the chance to coach Stidham at Auburn, he'd tell Kiffin a better offer came along.

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Is Helfritch (sp) an actual option??? His name is coming up with Lindsey and Dykes. 

I hope not. all he did was hold a clipboard for chip.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If it's a Briles, it's Kendal.  Art is not going to be hired by any major program this year for anything.

While I was reading about Lashlee on al.com when at the bottom of the page I got to reading about this guy on the turd's staff as an analyst, I believe his name is Mike Locksley and they said he had joined Kiffin's staff as OC. I read it a couple of times to make sure I read it right. So maybe it is KB, not Kodiak but Kendal.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

OMG you don't know HOW RIGHT YOU ARE

IDK why a lot of big time fanbases have wanted him as OC. HE CONTRIBUTED NOTHING to Oregons run under chip.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

While I was reading about Lashlee on al.com when at the bottom of the page I got to reading about this guy on the turd's staff as an analyst, I believe his name is Mike Locksley and they said he had joined Kiffin's staff as OC. I read it a couple of times to make sure I read it right. So maybe it is KB, not Kodiak but Kendal.

No, Kiffin hired Kendall.  Locksley is rumored to be heading to UF.  

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK why a lot of big time fanbases have wanted him as OC. HE CONTRIBUTED NOTHING to Oregons run under chip.

Or... Uh... You know... After Chip. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Or... Uh... You know... After Chip. 

he owes everything to mariota! haaaaaaa

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he owes everything to CHIP! haaaaaaa

Fixed it for ya. 

Seriously... I just checked one of their (UCONN)  forums... They are happy as a possum eating a persimmon about Lashlee. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Fixed it for ya. 

Seriously... I just checked one of their (UCONN)  forums... They are happy as a possum eating a persimmon about Lashlee. 

I imagine . Their offense was abysmal last year.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Question 1 is of course who our new OC will be, but then there's question 2, will he have any say in his staff?

No. The bigger question 2 is...does he hit it off with Stidham?

Yes, most new incoming OCs do, This a brand new ground this late in the game.

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Fixed it for ya. 

Considering it's UCONN i could see how they are happy. Plus Rhett did look promising when he was handed the offense. 

31 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

You must have read that wrong, I believe our new OC is Kodiak black. Or did I read that wrong?

either way...boom!! I guess. If Gus can hire someone who will be as productive as our last two DCs then awesome. I haven't read the thread and just got home so I don't know what the consensus feeling is but something tells me that unless he's been told not too Gus will have Herb Hand as one of his favorites. 

26 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

No, Kiffin hired Kendall.  Locksley is rumored to be heading to UF.  

Granted, it was on al.com and I read the whole article several times to make sure I read it right. I have to admit I never saw anything about Briles leaving, but it did say Locksley would be the new OC at FAU. I'm sure you are right. I just saw the article and wondered WTH..

Archived