Fountain will not be on the field next year

LKEEL75

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to start a thread, ask everyone what's the best/fastest car they ever owned. As long as we're here, my parents owned a '57 Chevy they bought new that unfortunately they sold before I was driving age-for a '65 Belair. I hate to think what it would be worth today.

3 hours ago, Richard78 said:

You want to start a thread, ask everyone what's the best/fastest car they ever owned. As long as we're here, my parents owned a '57 Chevy they bought new that unfortunately they sold before I was driving age-for a '65 Belair. I hate to think what it would be worth today.

You want to shed a tear?  My father actually traded in a 68 Charger for a POS fiat hatchback.

13 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You want to shed a tear?  My father actually traded in a 68 Charger for a POS fiat hatchback.

I have a lot in common with your dad, I traded a 68 Road Runner for that POS Fiat Hatchback back in 74 (jump right up and show my age).  It was during the first "fuel crisis" and it was the last time I went green on automobiles.  I was riding my bike (bicycle) to work until I got hit by a pickup truck and then I bought a 62 Vette for $3000.00.  I've still have it.

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have a lot in common with your dad, I traded a 68 Road Runner for that POS Fiat Hatchback back in 74 (jump right up and show my age).  It was during the first "fuel crisis" and it was the last time I went green on automobiles.  I was riding my bike (bicycle) to work until I got hit by a pickup truck and then I bought a 62 Vette for $3000.00.  I've still have it.

At least you wised up.  He's never owned a respectable car sense.  The closest he's gotten is the Eclipse Spider he currently drives, and that thing steers like a cow.

22 hours ago, Richard78 said:

Depends on what you mean by fastest?

By far, quickest was a Sunbeam Alpine. Really caught attention of the ladies, but no room to make it matter. Also, pain in the behind to keep 2 carbs tuned/synched.

Top end, a '67 Galaxy (inherited, from my great aunt in '82, w./ < 27 k miles, after a rather sheltered life in the garage). My current wife couldn't get out of McDonalds without pouring coffee on herself.

Mine: Dodge D-50 pick up

Girlfriend: 69 Firebird convertible. Red with white interior.

I could drive it, but the best was pulling up to red lights and having other cars pull up next to us wanting to race. So we would switch seats. I could not drag race like her, I still admit it and did admit it then. She was only like 5' 2" and like 95 lbs. It was so funny to see dudes faces when we would do this. Most of the time they would never even meet us at the next light when she would smoke them, they would generally turn around or turn onto a side street. 

Great memories, wonder what happened to her?

Did I mention her dad set the nation speed record for the1/4 mile in that car for its classification. 

You guys ever thought about starting a thread dedicated to cars? You can start it in General Topic....hint hint:beer2:

By the way my first car was a 1960 VW Beetle brand new $1400 put over 200,000 miles on that thing

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You guys ever thought about starting a thread dedicated to cars? You can start it in General Topic....hint hint:beer2:

By the way my first car was a 1960 VW Beetle brand new $1400 put over 200,000 miles on that thing

Learned to drive stick on a '71. It was my brother's. So forgiving and fun. I was 13.

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Mods, can you change the name of this thread to cars, and other bs?  I keep clicking on it thinking there's some Fountain related posts.

For what it's worth, Golf's "hint" (above) has been heeded.

see 

Archived