Fountain will not be on the field next year

LKEEL75

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

but, but

it ain't the heat...

Yea... but try being active outside in Phoenix in the Summer... you'll long for the humidity in Alabama.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... but try being active outside in Phoenix in the Summer... you'll long for the humidity in Alabama.

In Phoenix you bake. In Alabama you roast.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Yeah, 

well, in my case,

active is no longer happenin' in any real sense

much less in Phoenix.

Just sayin'

but "Water is Life"

(and we've valved off the Fountain?)

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would take dry heat any day of the week.  When I was a student I hated walking to class when it was hot and humid.  I literally could see it some mornings.  Can't show up to class with sweat under the arms and on the back of my t-shirt!   I needed to look dashing for all of the ladies!  With dry heat you just need to be sure to keep hydrated, that's all.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would take dry heat any day of the week.  When I was a student I hated walking to class when it was hot and humid.  I literally could see it some mornings.  Can't show up to class with sweat under the arms and on the back of my t-shirt!   I needed to look dashing for all of the ladies!  With dry heat you just need to be sure to keep hydrated, that's all.

I might be guilty of OT drift again, but

once, as a kid in So. Ala., early in the a.m.,

before traffic shook up the air,

I saw a supersaturated (>100% relative humidity) atmosphere.

Guy on a bicycle left a visible vapor trail.

In those conditions, 

sweating does no good.

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hydration is the key.  Keeping hydrated while running drills in a 103+ degree dry heat is a nightmare.  I'd rather walk around in a dry heat, but running... give me humidity.

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hydration is the key.  Keeping hydrated while running drills in a 103+ degree dry heat is a nightmare.  I'd rather walk around in a dry heat, but running... give me humidity.

Sorry, but

as a slightly finer point,

body cooling is a key, as well.

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

Sorry, but

as a slightly finer point,

body cooling is a key, as well.

As long as you aren't hovering around 100%, it's not that much of a problem.

The optimum environment for exercise is 65-68 degrees with 40-60% humidity.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As long as you aren't hovering around 100%, it's not that much of a problem.

The optimum environment for exercise is 65-68 degrees with 40-60% humidity.

Acknowledged and granted.

As a (distance-running) track star back then (Baldwin and Mobile Co.s) I was generally playing with 98 degrees. 98% humidity, from Memorial to Labor Days. I learned the value of "flow-through" hydration (often with beer).

We need Tracy Rocker back on our staff. We could move coach Garner Tight End / Special Teams coach, then let coach Rocker coach the defensive line. Garner has coached the TE's / ST teams coach under coach Dye.

4 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Our 5* DL recruits aren't here without CRG. CTR isn't substantially better coaching interior linemen to offset the talent gap due to his poor recruiting. CRG at UGA cleaned up with talent. Rock just got fired bc he couldn't pull elite in state talent into the instate school.

so he got fired because he could not recruit?

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Doubt that was the only reason, but it was certainly a factor.  He lost 2 major recruits and Kirby is used to getting whoever he wants like he did at bama. There could be general issues with fit, too.  He was one of only 2 coaches that Kirby kept instead of bringing in his own people.

Maybe he didn't pass the "will you do whatever it takes to get the players we are after" test.

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

That's what the Bulldogs are selling.  That he let the top two DL's in the state the last two years get away.   ......and supposedly he is rumored to have gotten into an argument with a recruit's mother...whatever that included.

6 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Our 5* DL recruits aren't here without CRG. CTR isn't substantially better coaching interior linemen to offset the talent gap due to his poor recruiting. CRG at UGA cleaned up with talent. Rock just got fired bc he couldn't pull elite in state talent into the instate school.

While I agree with most, UGA the last couple years Signed several 5* DL players. Jus saying. They got some good ones. I know Rock isn't a great recruiter, but he still can coach. CRG can handle Recruiting and DE/Buck LB.

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

While I agree with most, UGA the last couple years Signed several 5* DL players. Jus saying. They got some good ones. I know Rock isn't a great recruiter, but he still can coach. CRG can handle Recruiting and DE/Buck LB.

The question is how many would he haul in if he were at AU and not recruiting the state school? GA is fertile recruiting ground and most of those kids are looking for any reason to stay and play for UGA.

3 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Look at how many he was lead on....

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Several. Like most

When I looked at 247, he was only lead on about 3 major names prior to this last signing period.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

When I looked at 247, he was only lead on about 3 major names prior to this last signing period.

That thing is right about 50% of the time, it shows Wesley McGriff as Lead on some guys, even guys in 18 class and last I check he don't work here anymore.  Twitter posts by coach's and recruits tell the most. Guy from rivals said he was reason Thompson, Rochester, and several others signed. He also Landed the Oline kid that we wanted bad this class. He can recruit, that list of guys is not worse than our list on signees last 3 years is it? 

Archived