2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

With Sean a junior and Jarrett a sophomore, why do you see Fields not red shirting? I totally don't buy into the 1 and done thing for Stidham, playing in the toughest division of the toughest league in the NCAA, with a new O-Line. After all, he only has 3 games under his belt at this point.

Whether you or any fan buys Jarrett as 1 & done is irrelevent. The truth is all indications are that if he has a good healthy season then it's a very real possibility he goes pro. Don't forget, the UNC QB just went pro after essentially playing 1 season.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's truth and has been stated on here a number of times as well as other places by reputable sources.

My point is, E that no one can state that a kid who can't put pen to paper for over a year is definitely going to sign with anyone.  Anything could happen in those many months to change his mind.  You could say, "if he were to sign today it will be with Auburn", but you can't definitively state that he will sign with us in the end, this far out.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's not a ready made recruit as some of us see due to O & B glasses & our love for daddy Nix. He's a good recruit but needs quite a bit of developing.

The random reviews that I've read from various camps and stuff are touting him as the next big thing... saying he's outshining seniors as a junior. I can't say if it's Auburn fans writing said reviews, but that sounds pretty impressive to me, especially since he has a year left of high school development.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Side note: I really think it will depend on how successful our passing game is this year under CL. It seems like Fields is really looking for team that will help develop his talents to get him ready for the next level. We need to show him that we can do this with Stidham this year. Such a crucial year for AU...

Our passing game will likely not have a big factor unless it tanks after he potentially picks us since he is expected to commit before the season.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Whether you or any fan buys Jarrett as 1 & done is irrelevent. The truth is all indications are that if he has a good healthy season then it's a very real possibility he goes pro. Don't forget, the UNC QB just went pro after essentially playing 1 season.

Trubisky played in 31 games.  He only started 1 season, but he played 3 and threw for over 1000 more yards in those two seasons.  He's also a Junior.  Stidham is a sophomore with 3 games under his belt. I rank all of this 1 and done stuff up there with people predicting him as a Heisman finalist before he takes a single snap at Auburn.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With due respect O Ancient one all 4 teams seem to legitimately be in it.

UF: Has the longest relationship with JF & the best depth chart.
AU: Has a good relationship with Chip, depth chart is favorable especially if Stidham is one & done, Cam Newton is a factor.
UGA: They have the family factor as momma & sister are All Dawg. Sister is committed to UGA for softball & momma wants them both at UGA if possible.
FSU: Has the best track record for developing QBs for the NFL of the contenders. JF told Rivals today he sees FSU as the best fit offensively. I was wrong in another thread. CDC can contact & recruit kids in job at FSU.

Florida is the perceived leader but I think in the end it will be between AU, UGA, & FSU. JMO.

just what I heard tifwiw

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU: Has a good relationship with Chip, depth chart is favorable especially if Stidham is one & done, Cam Newton is a factor.

And, per a couple of his teammates, he's always wanted to play for Auburn.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

My point is, E that no one can state that a kid who can't put pen to paper for over a year is definitely going to sign with anyone.  Anything could happen in those many months to change his mind.  You could say, "if he were to sign today it will be with Auburn", but you can't definitively state that he will sign with us in the end, this far out.

Nobody has said nor implied definite. The only thing that has been definitively said, which is true, he will be at AU barring a major offensive staff change after the season.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The random reviews that I've read from various camps and stuff are touting him as the next big thing... saying he's outshining seniors as a junior. I can't say if it's Auburn fans writing said reviews, but that sounds pretty impressive to me, especially since he has a year left of high school deve

If the sites truly see him as the next big thing as it looks in those articles then why does 247 for example grade him as a 91 (a low 4* if the grade is maintained) & the #133rd recruit in the 2019 class? It just doesn't add up right now.

Trubisky played in 31 games.  He only started 1 season, but he played 3 and threw for over 1000 more yards in those two seasons.  He's also a Junior.  Stidham is a sophomore with 3 games under his belt. I rank all of this 1 and done stuff up there with people predicting him as a Heisman finalist before he takes a single snap at Auburn.

Stidham played in 10 games FTR, not sure where you get 3 from. And the 1 & done stuff I'm talking about isn't coming from clueless reporters. It's coming from people close to the AU program & him. Much more valid info.

Just now, ellitor said:

Nobody has said nor implied definite. The only thing that has been definitively said, which is true, he will be at AU barring a major offensive staff change after the season.

Actually, WDE said "We get Nix if we want him."  That's pretty darn definitive. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If the sites truly see him as the next big thing as it looks in those articles then why does 247 for example grade him as a 91 (a low 4* if the grade is maintained) & the #133rd recruit in the 2019 class? It just doesn't add up right now.

I don't know... I'm just reading reviews.  When did the recruiting sites ever have players properly ranked when they were juniors.

Dude... if I'm treading on your turf or something, I'll be happy to go away, but I don't get why you are arguing about this stuff... I'm just telling people what I read and stating the obvious (in the case of not being able to say he's ours).

And, per a couple of his teammates, he's always wanted to play for Auburn.

Actually he grew up an AU fan but how often does childhood fandom play out in where a player signs? Noit that often.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Stidham played in 10 games FTR, not sure where you get 3 from. And the 1 & done stuff I'm talking about isn't coming from clueless reporters. It's coming from people close to the AU program & him. Much more valid info.

Your right... played 10, started 3. 

I sure hope he's not talking about being 1 and done before he suits up for a game.  That type of ego is a recipe for disaster.

Just now, ellitor said:

Actually he grew up an AU fan but how often does childhood fandom play out in where a player signs? Noit that often.

True, but at least one of his teammates was quoted as saying he was "waiting for an Auburn offer".

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Actually, WDE said "We get Nix if we want him."  That's pretty darn definitive. 

I don't know... I'm just reading reviews.  When did the recruiting sites ever have players properly ranked when they were juniors.

Dude... if I'm treading on your turf or something, I'll be happy to go away, but I don't get why you are arguing about this stuff... I'm just telling people what I read and stating the obvious (in the case of not being able to say he's ours).

In WDE's quote assuming the staff is in place is implied since it has been said a number of times before & really didn't need to be repeated.

Yes rankings can be way off from a player's true potential but it's rare sites hype a player as the next big thing but rate him as a low 4*, regardless if they are a Soph, JR, or SR.

I'm not arguing & not sure why you see it as such. I view it as a discussion & just trying to provide the realist picture from the AU side of things. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

True, but at least one of his teammates was quoted as saying he was "waiting for an Auburn offer".

Yup. He would be ours now if we offered last year like Penn St did IMO.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not arguing & not sure why you see it as such.

Mostly because instead of suggesting additional information, you primarily saying I'm wrong, which is a matter of opinion.  I get it... that's kind of your communication style.  No harm, no foul.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

With due respect O Ancient one all 4 teams seem to legitimately be in it.

UF: Has the longest relationship with JF & the best depth chart.
UGA: They have the family factor as momma & sister are All Dawg. Sister is committed to UGA for softball & momma wants them both at UGA if possible.
FSU: Has the best track record for developing QBs for the NFL of the contenders. JF told Rivals today he sees FSU as the best fit offensively. I was wrong in another thread. CDC can contact & recruit kids in job at FSU.

Florida is the perceived leader but I think in the end it will be between AU, UGA, & FSU. JMO.

Only 3 hrs separating Auburn from Athens. If not UGA, AU is best option for parents to have both kids close.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

CDC can contact & recruit kids in job at FSU.

I don't like that one bit.  You know he is going to go all out to "pay back" GM.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I was a 4 star architecture recruit in my own mind and chose AU over a full scholly offer at UF because of fandom.

Unless they have an NCAA waiver that removes one of their staff members from recruiting and allows Craig to take his place, that's not a true statement about Craig. He's an off-field assistant. Under NCAA rules, he can talk to recruits when they are on campus. He is not allowed to call recruits or speak to them off campus.

Ok, I am sure this has been considered by people within the program, but has Auburn pursued Field's sister and matched the UGA softball offer?

I think she would be a great softball player at Auburn.  And her experience would be more fun at Auburn.  Also, she would look pretty in orange and blue.... :cool: 

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Unless they have an NCAA waiver that removes one of their staff members from recruiting and allows Craig to take his place, that's not a true statement about Craig. He's an off-field assistant. Under NCAA rules, he can talk to recruits when they are on campus. He is not allowed to call recruits or speak to them off campus.

Apparently he can DM them on twitter & email per UGA reporters which is the communication I was referring to.

8 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Mostly because instead of suggesting additional information, you primarily saying I'm wrong, which is a matter of opinion.  I get it... that's kind of your communication style.  No harm, no foul.

My apologies. On the differences I was just using AU connected info which has a higher chance of being closer to home than any of our opinions.

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I was a 4 star architecture recruit in my own mind and chose AU over a full scholly offer at UF because of fandom.

Was speaking specifically on football recruiting, not gen student pop.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Ok, I am sure this has been considered by people within the program, but has Auburn pursued Field's sister and matched the UGA softball offer?

Unlikely. In most cases in softball players usually commit 2 years in advance minimun and once they are committe their recruitment is over in most cases.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. In most cases in softball players usually commit 2 years in advance minimun and once they are committe their recruitment is over in most cases.

Most cases don't involve a 5* QB brother. :)

Archived