2017 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

2 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Man Crush Monday bump!

6_5478227.jpg

Props to @GwillMac6 for including his man crush in his Interests column. :punk:

And thank you for noticing sir!!!! If you are going to have a man crush you have to go..... ALL IN!!! lol

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2017 at 2:05 AM, WarEagle1983 said:

Frick that...Jarrett has always been my man crush! lol. No way we can't double up on the same crush!! 

Bend the knee

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Hello?"
"Is Ben there?"
"Ben who?"
"Ben da knee."

Assume the "Ben Dover" clip from Fletch might reduce the general comfort level in this thread?

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'll take Ike Powell. I made varsity my sophomore year of high school because I could long snap. Valuable skill. Tight spirals...

Speaking of long snappers, former Tiger & current Falcon Josh Harris has a helluva life. 

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Assume the "Ben Dover" clip from Fletch might reduce the general comfort level in this thread?

Judging by certain prior responses, the comfort level of some is rather quickly and easily reduced. 

Fortunately, just the mention was enough to entertain those of us with a higher threshold. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Judging by certain prior responses, the comfort level of some is rather quickly and easily reduced. 

Fortunately, just the mention was enough to entertain those of us with a higher threshold. 

Well, uh,

put.

17 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Speaking of long snappers, former Tiger & current Falcon Josh Harris has a helluva life. 

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Seriously. It's not even hard. 

Kroy Crofoot agrees with you guys:

Brothers Charles Crofoot, Ike Crofoot, Clayton Crofoot and John Crofoot plus cousin Butch Rowley and TFA teammate Michael Williamson have been developing their "thing" since the last century.

Charles (TFA 2001 grad) snapped at Auburn from 2003 to 2005, the last two years as a starter. Yes, he played a critical role on the unbeaten '04 team.

Ike (TFA 2003) snapped four years at South Carolina, two years for Lou Holtz and two for Steve Spurrier, and was a team captain his senior year.

Rowley (TFA 2004) played on special teams at Florida for three years, including a role on two national championship teams.

Clayton (TFA 2005) was a holder at Auburn his junior and senior seasons and recently earned a grant-in-aid for his final year.

Williamson (TFA 2005) presently is No. 1 on the Florida depth chart as the long-snapper and has been snapping on punts. He also has been part of two national championship teams.

John (TFA 2009) is a member of the Florida team as a true freshman. He is both a deep-snapper and a holder.

Kyle (TFA junior) is biggest of the brothers at 6-4 and 230. He plays defensive and offensive tackle, and yes, does all the deep-snapping and would appear to be a natural for the position at the next level because of his size.

The Crofoots, who came to Central Florida from South Bend, have had a long-time relationship with Holtz and Urban Meyer, and it was Holtz's words 25 years ago that started him thinking about his sons learning that special skill.

"I used to preach to our boys and others, who chose to listen, that there is a great opportunity in snapping and holding at the next level because you are working at something others choose not to work at," Kroy said.pixel.gif

"This train of thought came from a comment by Holtz when he said, 'Kroy, there is always a seat on the bus for a long-snapper.'

"From that point on, regardless of what position the boys played, they also learned to become long-snappers and holders."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-08-30/news/0908280197_1_crofoot-tfa-snapper

24 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I kind of want to share; is that allowed?

No crush sharing. That's akin to cheating.

See the OP for rules and who's already spoken for. 

Some good dudes still left: Ryan Davis, Dontavius Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, Noah Igbinoghene, Big Cat Bryant, Kevin Steele, et al

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

No crush sharing. That's akin to cheating.

See the OP for rules and who's already spoken for. 

Some good dudes still left: Ryan Davis, Dontavius Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, Noah Igbinoghene, Big Cat Bryant, Kevin Steele, et al

ummmmmmmmm you are forgetting someone MAAAAAAAAJ!! GREG BROWN is still available! lol

I'm going to take Dontavius then.. I think of him as the DL version of Braden. No noise except on the field. Gonna do big things this season!

On 8/19/2017 at 5:34 AM, AUJedi said:

If not taken Jeremiah Dinson 

Welcome to AUF,  my Jedi brethren!

On 8/19/2017 at 5:37 PM, djg0017 said:

I'm going to take Dontavius then.. I think of him as the DL version of Braden. No noise except on the field. Gonna do big things this season!

For those worried about our DL, Dontavius Russell is a name that has gone almost completely unspoken this offseason. He would be the best player on a lot of pretty good teams' DLs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived