No Excuse Game #2, LSU

TigerOne

Troy beat them all over the field.  They were better this week but remember Florida has half their team suspended and just lost their QB.  It's time for Auburn to actually go down there and win a game.  I don't care if it's 1 point or 40.  Just take it to them and win the dang game!  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure seems to be a lot of hostility, negativity and almost threats in this thread....

33 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Sure seems to be a lot of hostility, negativity and almost threats in this thread....

because we are tired of Auburn underachieving every year, the failings in big games, and the excuses.

Josey Wales: Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

39 minutes ago, GoAU said:

And none of the negative people can do a damn thing about what they are continually complaining about.

Meh.

IF we beat LSU. it will be expected and nothing to get excited about as far as the national perspective, because Auburn is favored  If Auburn loses ..... Ugh. Not a good thing. Auburn really needs to take care of bidness and win this game.

This board is getting depressing. We have more bitchy, pms'ing fans than Midol. If you guys are so miserable when we win, maybe you need to find something else to do with your time. Your expectations are unrealistic.

We play Florida, we win by 21 easily. Lsu got a break with UF missing the PAT. That kind of thing is rare. Florida was lucky to beat UT, UK, and VU. Any of those teams could have won that game. Lsu beating Florida is like us beating MSU or OM. Either of those teams likely beats Florida and we know MSU did to Lsu.  A day game in BR is light years easier than a night game there.

We end the losing streak in BR in fine fashion with as complete game with no let up. This is one game Gus needs to go for the kill early and often and embarrass Lsu at home far worse than Troy could ever do.  Gus needs to let Chip have his way and will be rewarded with a very hard earned win. A hard earned win can be 42-17 or 49-10.  Our defense will be more than ready to shut down the corndogs.

I am not the hostile type whatsoever and usually one of the top sunshine pumpers on this site. Sure I was rather upset after the Clemson and Mercer games as any Auburn fan should be.  I am the kind of fan who has supported Gus over the years he has been here.  Right now, I see no reason to bail on Gus. He has come a long way this season and likely more so than over the past 4 seasons. If things go south and I highly doubt they will, then yes we need to look closely at the problem. I am an older fan and have been through good, bad and very ugly over the seasons. Being that Auburn is the direct foe of bammer, there is a ton of pressure to perform at a level that most teams in the SEC do not have to do. This is a good thing in that it makes Auburn the special place and team in all of the USA and I mean this 110%!!!!

42 minutes ago, AURex said:

Meh.

IF we beat LSU. it will be expected and nothing to get excited about as far as the national perspective, because Auburn is favored  If Auburn loses ..... Ugh. Not a good thing. Auburn really needs to take care of bidness and win this game.

As far as I am concerned , if we beat LSU it will be smooth sailing until the UGA game . Everyone is so afraid of the aggies but I am just not that impressed.

The OP got it right. Please coach don't screw it up. Team is good enough. The pumpers have been overreacting pretty badly this weekend. Putting words in peoples mouths. We all know CGM aint getting farred, I haven't seen a single call-for-the-head all weekend. So why all the trash talk? There's only one run of events that could happen this season that can lead to an "I told you so", and it aint a natty.

Anybody have an theory or analysis on why LSU is so weak?

It's hard for me to accept their talent level has dropped off significantly, but it's also hard to accept it's simply coaching.  Did they become over-confident and arrogant about Troy and MSU?

I am concerned for their potential if they suddenly get their act together at home.

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Anybody have an theory or analysis on why LSU is so weak?

It's hard for me to accept their talent level has dropped off significantly, but it's also hard to accept it's simply coaching.  Did they become over-confident and arrogant about Troy and MSU?

I am concerned for their potential if they suddenly get their act together at home.

My theory is depth issues on the OL.  I think they have 10 scholarship lineman and a couple of those are "banged up".  Young DL.  Everyone knows it all starts at the LOS.

QB is more of a game manager and not dynamic running or throwing.  That's the epitome of a coach killer.

And lastly, Miles may have been goofy but his teams were always prepared.  Very well prepared.  Just going on the little I've seen of LSU they look unprepared in many areas.  Plus I don't think they have found their groove on offense yet.  

11 hours ago, DAG said:

As far as I am concerned , if we beat LSU it will be smooth sailing until the UGA game . Everyone is so afraid of the aggies but I am just not that impressed.

We need to take it one week at a time.  I am worried to death about Arkansas.  We never play well in Fayetteville, they have extra motivation after last year's loss, and if it's an 11:00 AM game, we could very well lose.

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

We need to take it one week at a time.  I am worried to death about Arkansas.  We never play well in Fayetteville, they have extra motivation after last year's loss, and if it's an 11:00 AM game, we could very well lose.

Arkansas does not have a good football team at all. They will have motivation, and they are at home, but they stink. 

6 minutes ago, 1856 said:

We're the marquee game for every single team left on our schedule. 

Lsu is going to rally the troops and put everything they have into this one game. This is their biggest game of the season. They have home field advantage which has been our nemesis for almost 2 decades. They have confidence. They have talent at certain spots.

What they don't have is a good football team. We do.

While I think it will be much more difficult than we want on Saturday, we will win. 

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Arkansas does not have a good football team at all. They will have motivation, and they are at home, but they stink. 

I think we are being over hyped.  Our first true test comes this week.  TAMU will be tough to beat as well.  Slim chance of winning out until we play thUGA.

53 minutes ago, corchjay said:

My theory is depth issues on the OL.  I think they have 10 scholarship lineman and a couple of those are "banged up".  Young DL.  Everyone knows it all starts at the LOS.

QB is more of a game manager and not dynamic running or throwing.  That's the epitome of a coach killer.

And lastly, Miles may have been goofy but his teams were always prepared.  Very well prepared.  Just going on the little I've seen of LSU they look unprepared in many areas.  Plus I don't think they have found their groove on offense yet.  

Yep spot on, the biggest reason to doubt LSU right now is because they are losing the most important battle: the trenches. Against UF it seemed like they had maybe a 6 man DL rotation. Not gonna cut it against our offense despite any struggles they’ve had earlier in the year.

Also their offensive and defensive MVPs are playing like average players at their respective positions.

BR is a scary place to play for sure, especially for AU, but it’s going to take turnovers, blown assignments, lack of effort to lose to them IMO.

We by no means need to take them lightly, but our guys should definitely play with lots of confidence.

42 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Arkansas wow. They are God awful.  Lost their best WR this year and piss poor offensive line . They match up horribly against us. If we lose to them , then we really need to evaluate ourselves.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Arkansas wow. They are God awful.  Lost their best WR this year and piss poor offensive line . They match up horribly against us. If we lose to them , then we really need to evaluate ourselves.

I've just seen us go into Fayetteville too many times when we should have won and come out with a loss...

2 hours ago, 1856 said:

and if it's an 11:00 AM game, we could very well lose.

Not an 11am game. Night game on ESPN it SEC Network. Those worries are over.

5 hours ago, 1856 said:

I've just seen us go into Fayetteville too many times when we should have won and come out with a loss...

I will be frank with you . I don’t think Gus particularly likes Bert nor is he fond of Arkansas . I can say this about him in terms of Arkansas..he always has us ready to go against them. Different priority between Tubbs and him when it comes to Arkansas. Also have to think, Arkansas will be coming off of a beating with Bama. Their collective morale seems to be shot .

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will be frank with you . I don’t think Gus particularly likes Bert nor is he fond of Arkansas . I can say this about him in terms of Arkansas..he always us ready to go against them. Different priority between Tubbs and him when it comes to Arkansas. Also have to think, Arkansas will be coming off of a beating with Bama. Their collective morale seems to be shot .

Gus gets more motivated to beat Arky than he does UGA....

wde

Archived