NBA Thread

aujeff11

49 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I respect what they do and I like them but any of those players have a huge chance of underwhelming

From my own opinion( not stats driven analysis,) PG13 can more comfortably play the role of frontrunner (like KD) and he can do well not being THE man.

Boogie can be underwhelming, but he can also be a cancer. Dwight Howard like. He’s an itimidator though and basically the Mr. T of basketball. Lebron will benefit from that.  

Assuming that Lebron alone cannot bring a championship to LA, Boogie will be the guy that can better enable Lebron to win one there. 

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it just looks worse than it really was BECAUSE he is a spur and we have NEVER EVER seen anything like that from a spur.

Didn’t you say that you read that he had bahavior concerns before he was drafted?

“I remember the word surrounding Kawhi when he was at san diego state was a lot of nba teams did NOT like the people he surrounded himself around off the court. He apparently got in to some trouble at san diego state as well that is not talked about since his personality or lack thereof does not reflect that of a troublemaker.

Edited by aujeff11

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Didnt see this coming. ?

Lance and Legassed on the same team. This might make me watch the NBA consistently again.

2 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Bold prediction..this will be a flop signing, basketball wise at least

Not bold really. He will never win another ring. 

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Didn’t you say that you read that he had bahavior concerns before he was drafted?

“I remember the word surrounding Kawhi when he was at san diego state was a lot of nba teams did NOT like the people he surrounded himself around off the court. He apparently got in to some trouble at san diego state as well that is not talked about since his personality or lack thereof does not reflect that of a troublemaker.

I did. But I was specifically talking about WHEN they are on the spurs that we have never seen this in the pop era. I mean even captain jack was a model citizen with the spurs and won a ring there in 03.

Edited by GwillMac6

lol

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Lance and Legassed on the same team. This might make me watch the NBA consistently again.

If you are truly a big kyrie fan like you said you were WHY WOULD YOU NOT watch the NBA consistently? They are a lock to make the finals basically.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I did. But I was specifically talking about WHEN they are on the spurs that we have never seen this in the pop era. I mean even captain jack was a model citizen with the spurs and won a ring there in 03.

You said what was going on with Kawhi was overblown only because it was with the Spurs. You could argue that it’s not overblown because it came before the Spurs, continued with the Spurs  and according to YOU, several teams were turned off by him. 

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you are truly a big kyrie fan like you said you were WHY WOULD YOU NOT watch the NBA consistently? They are a lock to make the finals basically.

He watched until the NBA Finals. Didn’t watch then because he knew who would win.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You said what was going on with Kawhi was overblown only because it was with the Spurs. You could argue that it’s not overblown because it came before the Spurs, continued with the Spurs  and according to YOU, several teams were turned off by him. 

It only seem to continue THIS YEAR with the spurs. There was no evidence of this when he was with the spurs before this. He acted like a typical model spurs employee before this season.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It only seem to continue THIS YEAR with the spurs. There was no evidence of this when he was with the spurs before this. He acted like a typical model spurs employee before this season.

It cannot be blown out of proportion if teams were leery of who he hung around with before he was drafted. This past year merely confirmed the suspicions.

atta boy Dan. That is how you do a farewell letter.

Lavar Ball, Lance Stephenson, Javale McGee, and Lebron James walk into a bar:

You have to kill one, beat one in Chess, use one as your pickup man, and use one as your drug dealer. Who are they? go!

Damn, it looks like I missed a lot. I'm back now though.

Quick thoughts

Lakers fans don't deserve Lebron after all the incessant mud slinging over the years

I like Dallas just signing Jordan to a 1 year deal

I like Nuggets making sure Jokic stays for the next half decade

Indy must've really liked McDermott? 

I hope Dwight goes to the Warriors. It may be the only way they falter.

I like Aaron Gordon staying in Orlando.

Do you think Kobe is happy the Lakers signed LBJ? Anyone else think he's likely secretly rooting against LA?

To be clear I'm putting my stance here: I'm not a Lebron fan, I am not a Lakers fan, but I am in full support of Lebron's quest to obtain unanimous GOAT status. So I guess I will now be pulling for the Lakers in important games seeing as my Hornets will not be in any important games until 2045 rolls around.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

But who really cares? Great players want to play with great players. It's how today's NBA is. Draymond called KD from the parking lot right after they lost to the Cavs in the finals after giving up a 3-1 lead. Nobody considers him a beta. He's the leader/heart and soul of the GSW team. I'd guess most of the heavyweight names talk to one another about these things.

Edited by Tiger

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

From my own opinion( not stats driven analysis,) PG13 can more comfortably play the role of frontrunner (like KD) and he can do well not being THE man.

Boogie can be underwhelming, but he can also be a cancer. Dwight Howard like. He’s an itimidator though and basically the Mr. T of basketball. Lebron will benefit from that.  

Assuming that Lebron alone cannot bring a championship to LA, Boogie will be the guy that can better enable Lebron to win one there. 

Boogie is an intimidating dude to all except Z-Bo

Edited by Tiger

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes...They are. But GS's dominance has really turned me off. They might well lose to them also.

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He watched until the NBA Finals. Didn’t watch then because he knew who would win.

Exactly. Might be the same this year but if the Warriors face off with Celtics I will definitely watch but won't feel good about the outcome.

• Like 1