NBA Thread

aujeff11

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gwill:

tenor.gif?itemid=3938292

Me:

5QKxjLD.gif

When I realize that Philly is able to offer Lebron 38.6 mil a year and have the most playoff ready team, but yet he chooses Hollywood instead:

giphy.gif

Edited by aujeff11

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But Ainge is the bestest!!!

well is it not true? Signed Horford, Fleeced the cavs for kyrie. Pryed Hayward from Utah and Drafted Rozier, Smart, Brown and Tatum all of whom are at the worst rotation players in the NBA. But this is what you are choosing to look at?

Edited by GwillMac6

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fleeced the cavs for kyrie

Not really. The Cavs didn’t have much leverage and clearly misevaluted the hip. 

well is it not true?

Obviously not. He’s a HOF pick pocket but not the best. He’s brought the city one championship in like 15 freaking years. Do we really want to go through everybody that be drafted? James Young? Fab melo? JuJaun Johnson? Jared Sullinger?

Face the facts: A lottery talent fell to 27 because of behavioral and work ethic problems and you ignorantly assume Ainge and his “genius” coach are some Belichick dudes that will be able to control Williams.

But this is what you are choosing to look at?

Yes 

Edited by aujeff11

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not really. The Cavs didn’t have much leverage and clearly misevaluted the hip. 

Obviously not. He’s a HOF pick pocket but not the best. He’s brought the city one championship in like 15 freaking years. Do we really want to go through everybody that be drafted? James Young? Fab melo? JuJaun Johnson? Jared Sullinger?

Face the facts: A lottery talent fell to 27 because of behavioral and work ethic problems and you ignorantly assume Ainge and their “genius” are some Belichick dudes that will be able to control Williams.

Yes 

lol cavs did not have leverage? Kyrie had 2 years left on his deal. They traded kyrie for essentially clarkson, nance jr and colin sexton. That is a fleece. There is no way you are going to convince anyone otherwise. Jerry West has bad draft picks on his resume. Every great gm does in any sport. Those were a few years ago and beyond. He has been on some kind of roll lately. I mean if they cannot control him he will be gone no sweat off their backs. Their future is not going to be damaged 1 bit by if he pans out or not. They have their core set right now. He would just be a luxury. hahahaha such a jeff thing. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing and sport. I have no idea why. Aight I despise the celtics more than anyone besides the warriors so I am done arguing this now because it pains me to defend them. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol cavs did not have leverage? Kyrie had 2 years left on his deal. They traded kyrie for essentially clarkson, nance jr and colin sexton.

Essentially? Lol...

Kyrie was demanding to be traded.  No leverage. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jerry West has bad draft picks on his resume. Every great gm does in any sport.

Name me all of Ainge’s great draft picks? He’s been there 14 or so years and their youngins that are 21 or younger are all of a sudden proof that he is great at drafting players.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean if they cannot control him he will be gone no sweat off their backs.

If there is no sweat on their backs, you should be fine with me saying that Williams isn’t the answer either way. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha such a jeff thing.

Oh cry me a river. Your argument sucks. No GM with only one championship in like 15 years can be the “bestest.” 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Essentially? Lol...

Kyrie was demanding to be traded.  No leverage. 

Name me all of Ainge’s great draft picks? He’s been there 14 or so years and their youngins that are 21 or younger are all of a sudden proof that he is great at drafting players.

If there is no sweat on their backs, you should be fine with me saying that Williams isn’t the answer either way. 

Oh cry me a river. Your argument sucks. No GM with only one championship in like 15 years can be the “bestest.” 

Dude NO ONE cares about Robert freaking Williams one way or another in the grand scheme of things. lol you try to make everything in to a argument. Of course he is not the answer. All we said was it was a good VALUE pick for where he was drafted. CAN YOU EVER LET STUFF GO?!?!?! hahahaha MERCY!!!!!! WE GET IT That chip on your shoulder is a boulder! You remind me of Jimmy Butlers personality!!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!! Argue with a celtics fan. Go on twitter and spar with Bill Simmons. Actually that would be highly entertaining for me to see. I hate the C's to much to argue for them any more. Let's see if you can get blocked by him that you did Marcello!!! bahaha That still cracks me up he blocked you.

Edited by GwillMac6

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude NO ONE cares about Robert freaking Williams one way or another in the grand scheme of things

Why not?  Why shouldn’t anybody care about that draft pick? If it’s meant to be irrelevant, why even draft at all? 

All we said 

No, your response was “I think Ainge knows what he’s doing” and now you’re back tracking. Face it- the good GM’s can see value in all of the draft picks. 

You remind me of Jimmy Butlers personality!!!!

I will take that as a compliment, of course.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Why not?  Why shouldn’t anybody care about that draft pick? If it’s meant to be irrelevant, why even draft at all? 

No, your response was “I think Ainge knows what he’s doing” and now you’re back tracking. Face it- the good GM’s can see value in all of the draft picks. 

I will take that as a compliment, of course.

lol with all the recent free agency coups, Trades and draft picks um how would you honestly disagree Ainge does not know what he is doing? It is the 27th pick in the draft. THat is why people should not care besides celts fan of course. If it seems like I am back tracking it is because I never ever again WANT TO WASTE TIME DISCUSSING a low first round draft pick!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. You are like a pit bull and way waaaaaaaaaay to intense sometimes. JUST Aaron Rodgers it and R E L A X. Jimmy Butler is the same way. Yall are way way to intense! If you are this intense about Robert Williams of all people I shudder to see how you are about actual star players that matter! hahahah merrrrrrrrrrrcy. You are a character man.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Trades and draft picks um how would you honestly disagree Ainge does not know what he is doing? I

Im not disagreeing with it, I’m saying his previous pick-pocket trades and four good-great draft picks were irrelevant. If “Ainge knows what he’s doing, he should never draft Mr James Young. Are you saying he didn’t know what he was doing then? 

Yall are way way to intense! If you are this intense about Robert Williams of all people

I said he was a bad pick, You said “But Ainge!” and now instead of using exclamation marks in “But Ainge!!,” you’re projecting your intensity onto me instead of admitting that Ainge probably effed up.

I shudder to see how you are about actual star players that matter!

#All NBA Players Matter

Edited by aujeff11

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Are you happy yet? 

VERY!!!!!!! THis is great. LEBRON IN HOLLYWOOD?!?!? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It is a perfect match for his star power and the glitz and glamour of that city!!!!!!! I cannot believe he pushed all his chips to the middle of the table and signed for 4 years!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

VERY!!!!!!! THis is great. LEBRON IN HOLLYWOOD?!?!? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It is a perfect match for his star power and the glitz and glamour of that city!!!!!!! I cannot believe he pushed all his chips to the middle of the table and signed for 4 years!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

It’s a nice spot for him. I hate to see HOFers take the exodus to LA to wither away though. The LA legacy is crowded enough.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s a nice spot for him. I hate to see HOFers take the exodus to LA to wither away though. The LA legacy is crowded enough.

Also, before you even go there, Lebron is a much better ball player than Kobe ever was. With that said,,,,,,,,,,

That doesn’t mean a year 16 Lebron is walking into LA and bumping back Kobe’s legacy. It’s still Kobe's house. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This was clearly more than basketball BUT he is trusting Magic and Pelinka a ton to get him a running mate.