does lsu loss carry over

aubiefifty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sevenlee36 said:

If the whole team is constantly still talking about last weeks game do you think they are over last week? I don’t . Hope they can win.

I for one cannot wait to see what adjustments we make. MAYBE running up the middle after a first down only 13 times instead of 17? ............

23 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This is what will happen. Gus will somehow get his 3rd and 4th quarters confused with the 1st and 2nd quarters. We will fall behind 20-0 in the 1st and 2nd quarter and then play lights out and win the game 49-27 in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Gus will say with a sheepish grin. "I thought the first half of the game was the last half and I will not let that happen next week or the weeks after."

Hey....I am enjoying seeing Bubba get untracked. IF we played like this last week, Lsu would have been road kill. Maybe Gus has gotten his head on a little straighter. I hope this keeps up. I want this team to win so much this year. I will give credit where credit is due. This team has looked scary the 3rd quarter. I am going to leave the jury out and see what TAMU has in store.  If we do this in College Station, we will be back to where we can compete against Uga and the turds. Has Gus had a "Come to Jesus" experience and now can lead his team all 4 quarters?  I want this to happen in the worse way.  I will always give credit when it is due.....always. This defense is awesome for sure.

Next year against Lsu, I hope we unload on them worse than we have ever done to an SEC team. I would love to see a 56-7 win over the corndogs.  I hope that loss will be the turning point for this season. We have some formidable opposition ahead and who knows what will happen. A healthy Bubba & KJ is the answer for a lot of our woes.

The answer to the OP question is a resounding NO....

Generally only "fans" quit after a tough loss...not the coaches and players.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The answer to the OP question is a resounding NO....

Generally only "fans" quit after a tough loss...not the coaches and players.

Wait until UGA.

wde

55 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Wait until UGA.

wde

I have no doubt the fans will react badly to a loss....just saying the players will do a better job than the fans of putting a bad game or a tough loss behind them.....which was the point of the OP.

UGA in Auburn....looking forward to that game. ...and optimistic....both RBs look healthy and QB continues to improve and showed a new threat yesterday with a couple nice little runs...

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have no doubt the fans will react badly to a loss....just saying the players will do a better job than the fans of putting a bad game or a tough loss behind them.....which was the point of the OP.

UGA in Auburn....looking forward to that game. ...and optimistic....both RBs look healthy and QB continues to improve and showed a new threat yesterday with a couple nice little runs...

You and I are in agreement about looking forward to the UGA game.  That game is the put up or shut game for Gus.  I hope Gus finds his manhood to be able to beat that "bowl cut Kirby" who is overated so far.  Do you disagree?

wde

FPI has Auburn with a 57% chance to beat Georgia. I actually think the slightly better chance (over 50/50) is based on AU schedule vs GA schedule. They do have that nice win over Notre Dame. I also think Ga has looked well prepared in all games (although the competition has been meh except for Notre Dame)

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

You and I are in agreement about looking forward to the UGA game.  That game is the put up or shut game for Gus.  I hope Gus finds his manhood to be able to beat that "bowl cut Kirby" who is overated so far.  Do you disagree?

wde

I'm good with your plan....:) though holding a coach hostage to beating the #2 ranked team nationally is a pretty strict standard...do you agree.  If we were playing TCU instead of UGa would you think that would be put up or shut up?

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm good with your plan....:) though holding a coach hostage to beating the #2 ranked team nationally is a pretty strict standard...do you agree.  If we were playing TCU instead of UGa would you think that would be put up or shut up?

Yes. He has zero quality wins this year. Abysmal record against quality power 5 foes. Does no good to only beat the Arkansas , Ole misses and Mississippi states of the world .

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

LMAO.  Gus wet the bed the last two years against vastly inferior UGA teams and allowed us to get embarrased against UGA in 2014. So no, Gus is not being held hostage.  Gus simply needs to be win against UGA.  

wde

FWIW, if TCU were to be our 2nd biggest rival like UGA is and had Gus totally wet the bed against them for 3 straight years, then yes, it would be put of our shut up.  AU64, just FYI, but Arky, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Misszou are not our rivals and we should expect to beat them every year.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO.  Gus wet the bed the last two years against vastly inferior UGA teams and allowed us to get embarrased against UGA in 2014. So no, Gus is not being held hostage.  Gus simply needs to be win against UGA.  

wde

The standards are just too high for poor Gus. No worries . Arkansas Job will be open soon . They enjoy 8 win seasons with the occasional win over LSU or Auburn 

Just now, DAG said:

The standards are just too high for poor Gus. No worries . Arkansas Job will be open soon . They enjoy 8 win seasons with the occasional win over LSU or Auburn 

I know.  It is just so hard for poor pitiful Gus to have to beat mean ole UGA to keep his job.  What a ***** fan base we have. 

wde

None of us should forget the LSU debacle.  The drubbing of a terrible Arkansas team in no way diminishes what happened in Baton Rouge.  Gus Malzahn is still the same, in-over-his-head, failure of a coach who has guided a top-5 team (talent-wise) toward another average, under-achieving season.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, Altima said:

no way the lsu loss carries over...  i mean, gus promised “it wouldn’t happen again”...  i hope he relayed to the team that “it’s not the end of the world”...   arkansas better get ready for a gus malzahn led pillow fight!!!

you have to have the funniest pic for your logo!  Who is the dude in the pic? Looks like Eli Gold after calling a turd TD!

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I know.  It is just so hard for poor pitiful Gus to have to beat mean ole UGA to keep his job.  What a ***** fan base we have. 

wde

Trust you count yourself among them...

What's funny to me is that I bet if anyone chased the records back far enough the same people who wanted to fire Tubs eventually got their way....and then likely the same folks wanted to fire Chiz ....and got their way...and they probably will get their desire when Gus is cut loose this season or some season in the near future.  Not sure what the real game plan is.........hire and fire coaches until.....what? 

JMO but Auburn's practice of musical chairs with coaches is detrimental to the school and by and large has not been advantageous to the success of the athletic program.   As I've said before, I am a fan of Auburn University and Auburn sports are just a by-product of my support...and AU's success for failure  in sports has no impact on my affection for the school and my willingness to support it financially. 

Guess it's easy to blame it on JJ...and maybe that's true but just looking around, I see schools all over the place chasing success and the only big change is that coaching salaries are going through the roof  in almost all sports as the many coach's agents fleece one college after another with huge salaries and enormous buy-outs.  There seems to be no end to this trend as long as win at any cost alums are willing to play the game.  Enjoy the ride...

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Trust you count yourself among them...

What's funny to me is that I bet if anyone chased the records back far enough the same people who wanted to fire Tubs eventually got their way....and then likely the same folks wanted to fire Chiz ....and got their way...and they probably will get their desire when Gus is cut loose this season or some season in the near future.  Not sure what the real game plan is.........hire and fire coaches until.....what? 

JMO but Auburn's practice of musical chairs with coaches is detrimental to the school and by and large has not been advantageous to the success of the athletic program.   As I've said before, I am a fan of Auburn University and Auburn sports are just a by-product of my support...and AU's success for failure  in sports has no impact on my affection for the school and my willingness to support it financially. 

Guess it's easy to blame it on JJ...and maybe that's true but just looking around, I see schools all over the place chasing success and the only big change is that coaching salaries are going through the roof  in almost all sports as the many coach's agents fleece one college after another with huge salaries and enormous buy-outs.  There seems to be no end to this trend as long as win at any cost alums are willing to play the game.  Enjoy the ride...

Again , beating crappy teams will not get it done. It’s that simple . TT deserved to get fired . He was trending down and pretty much at odds with administration to the point that he wasn’t even trying to recruit . Gene chizik lost all control of the program on and off the field . He deserved to get fired . Not only that , he put his pride in front of the team with his schism with Gus. Now we have CGM. Very promising HC. Set college football on fire . Now look , his pride is getting in the way of him growing as a HC and it is affecting AU football. The issue I see is the inability to handle success. You have 3 guys who had very high points in their career , but with that has came their downfalls. Maybe it’s an AU thing . Maybe the fans , coaches and players are devoid of handling success . Nevertheless, we need to find someone who can handle success and keep us grounded. You act like these guys are innocent by standers , caught in the web of unfair critiquing of the fans . They absolutely are not . All of them have to point to themselves for how things progressed at AU. That is one thing I will always respect about Les and Mark Richt. Say what you want about them, they never let their pride get in the way of their players or the program.

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Fans didn't react badly to '16 UAT game, and really not to the OK bowl game. We were injured up, these were conventional losses. I have respect for you as a fellow fan, and because there's a 64 beside your name making you a senior to me in probably more ways than one, but in all your years and mine, a coach has never knocked us off the playoff bubble 2 years in a row by pure arrogance alone. These fans on this board are well within reason to be upset. This team has been robbed. War Eagle.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Again , beating crappy teams will not get it done. It’s that simple . TT deserved to get fired . He was trending down and pretty much at odds with administration to the point that he wasn’t even trying to recruit . Gene chizik lost all control of the program on and off the field . He deserved to get fired . Not only that , he put his pride in front of the team with his schism with Gus. Now we have CGM. Very promising HC. Set college football on fire . Now look , his pride is getting in the way of him growing as a HC and it is affecting AU football. The issue I see is the inability to handle success. You have 3 guys who had very high points in their career , but with that has came their downfalls. Maybe it’s an AU thing . Maybe the fans , coaches and players are devoid of handling success . Nevertheless, we need to find someone who can handle success and keep us grounded. You act like these guys are innocent by standers , caught in the web of unfair critiquing of the fans . They absolutely are not . All of them have to point to themselves for how things progressed at AU. That is one thing I will always respect about Les and Mark Richt. Say what you want about them, they never let their pride get in the way of their players or the program.

Thank you. It's not musical chairs. Tubbs dumped on us, Chizik just wasn't up to it. Now CGM stealing wins from his own players. Lot's of coaches in the league being dismissed for lack of performance lately, almost none of those firings are/were as warranted as ours.

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Thank you. It's not musical chairs. Tubbs dumped on us, Chizik just wasn't up to it. Now CGM stealing wins from his own players. Lot's of coaches in the league being dismissed for lack of performance lately, almost none of those firings are/were as warranted as ours.

I was as angry as anyone after the LSU game and wanted him gone (and I’m in the same category as 64 about). However, my perspective is a bit different. You have to be on the bubble in the first place to get knocked off. The general consensus is that he has the talent but can’t coach it. Is he not responsible for the talent we have now....completely?  I’m not sold that he can do it, I’m just not as quick triggered thinking as I was after the LSU game.   I will be again, I guess if it ends up the same as last year. 

12 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I was as angry as anyone after the LSU game and wanted him gone (and I’m in the same category as 64 about). However, my perspective is a bit different. You have to be on the bubble in the first place to get knocked off. The general consensus is that he has the talent but can’t coach it. Is he not responsible for the talent we have now....completely?  I’m not sold that he can do it, I’m just not as quick triggered thinking as I was after the LSU game.   I will be again, I guess if it ends up the same as last year. 

Going through a coaching search is not really what we need but no more extensions or raises. 

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Your stance is fine.  Even I soften after the weekend, mostly hit or miss on whether he should be fired. But after '16 UGA/Clempson, and '17 Clempson/LSU, Whether you want him fired or not, there's no reason to find fault with the fans. They want blood, and it's not too unreasonable IMO. Good conversation here. 

7 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Your stance is fine.  Even I soften after the weekend, mostly hit or miss on whether he should be fired. But after '16 UGA/Clempson, and '17 Clempson/LSU, Whether you want him fired or not, there's no reason to find fault with the fans. They want blood, and it's not too unreasonable IMO. Good conversation here. 

Probably true for some very vocal people...who probably always want blood if their expectations aren't met.  I'm not even saying that change is not needed....just saying that we make changes and end up treading water mostly....which is what pretty much happens elsewhere.   Folks here blame JJ but take a look at Texas, UT,, Ole Miss, Arky and even Florida and see what their history is in coach swapping.

This should be an interesting year after the season is over and decisions are made about retaining coaches.   Sounds like a guy like Scott Frost could just put himself into the lottery..   With so many good jobs possibly coming open, the sky will be the limit $$$-wise.  

On the other hand, I'm betting that when push comes to shove and pencils meet paper (buyout calculations) most schools will keep their coaches whether some fans like it our not.     Ole Miss has to change and UTk is almost certain...but after that I'm thinking it could be about 50:50 on the other "hot seat" coaches...especially with so few really good SEC level coaching candidates willing to come into the conference.

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Fans didn't react badly to '16 UAT game, and really not to the OK bowl game. We were injured up, these were conventional losses. I have respect for you as a fellow fan, and because there's a 64 beside your name making you a senior to me in probably more ways than one, but in all your years and mine, a coach has never knocked us off the playoff bubble 2 years in a row by pure arrogance alone. These fans on this board are well within reason to be upset. This team has been robbed. War Eagle.

At risk of drifting OT,

Somebody remind please me, how many previous coaches lived in a world with an FBS playoff at all? To handle well, poorly, or indifferently?

Archived