#10 in Latest AP Poll

djg0017

2 hours ago, Tiger96 said:

2014: UGA game we were completely out of it following a horrible loss and a shot at the title. Bama game we had prob the greatest offensive showing in Auburn history (600+ yards and 44 points in Ttown)

2015: Both games without our starting QB; Both games were still undecided going into the 4th

2016: Once again without our starting QB essentially (I know sean white played in the UGA game but was completely ineffective, however our backups werent even average at best) yet both games were still games going into the 4th. 

Other than UGA 2014, we had a good chance of winning the other 5, even though we didn't have our starting QB.

a good chance of winning sounds like some moral victory crap that would fly at ole miss or miss st. THIS IS AUBURN!!! we want to play for championships and WIN not champions of like like that PE teacher at rocky top.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hypothetically, we go 1-2 in our last 3, what do you do?

You have a head coach who would have lost four consecutive years to our biggest rivals. Do you give him the opportunity to make it five in a row? I say no way.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

what would HE DO?! I think we all know given on his past track record his posting style what he would do. He would say give him 1 more year. he is close to figuring it out. Cannot have a coaching search without a AD in place if that is still the case. Too many teams looking for a head coach. Something like that.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Set the stove to scorching hot.......

Because that means either 

A: we lose to both rivals

b: we win one against a rival and lose to ULM.

both are unacceptable at this point in his tenure.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Set the stove to scorching hot.......

Because that means either 

A: we lose to both rivals

b: we win one against a rival and lose to ULM.

both are unacceptable at this point in his tenure.

It does us no good. In fact it really hurts us. Especially in recruiting. Negative recruiting is already really bad against us. We would of been in THE. EXACT. SAME. POSITION. For 3 offseasons in a row. We have heard ok this is it! This is the year Gus needs to  beat 1 of georgia and bama and win 10 games. Why is it aways damn groundhog day regarding gus? Always about next year with him.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It does us no good. In fact it really hurts us. Especially in recruiting. Negative recruiting is already really bad against us. We would of been in THE. EXACT. SAME. POSITION. For 3 offseasons in a row. We have heard ok this is it! This is the year Gus needs to  beat 1 of georgia and bama and win 10 games. Why is it aways damn groundhog day regarding gus? Always about next year with him.

Because Gus likes routine......unfortunately choking at the end of the season has become his routine.

IF Gus loses to georgia and bama again AND we keep him? This will set back recruiting for at least 2 years maybe more. He would have to have a unbelievable great 2018 season which is highly unlikely because we play at georgia and bama.

21 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

You have a head coach who would have lost four consecutive years to our biggest rivals. Do you give him the opportunity to make it five in a row? I say no way.

Nope

1 hour ago, Devilhorse said:

I have to agree.  I know you can't win every game but giving them away is not good.  I still saw some bad play calling against A&M and trying to run poor KJ to death isnt going to help down the stretch.  I'm sorry beating Arky and A&M doesn't make all things great again for me.  Everyone got fired up with wins against the Mississippi teams and Miz only to be let down by blowing a 20 points lead.  The last two wins were great but they came against weaker teams and the track record against the big two that are left are less than good.  I have a feeling next weekend everyone will be ready to run Gus out of town again.  I so hope I am wrong.  Please let me be wrong.  I think AU has the talent to play with any of them just not sure if they have the leadership. 

If they come out and lay an egg with 28 first down runs in a row, and Gus is Gus and looks like he did vs the last 2  Clemson games, and this past LSU game, you better believe they will, and it will be well deserved. Not everyone is impressed beating up on lesser teams.

23 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Nope

probably not but then again, changing coaches and staff....and starting from scratch?   Just thinking that you are probably setting up to lose next year too...especially since the market for football coaches is pretty tight now and guess I'm wondering how a new coach is gonna come in and handle the two or three established programs that we find at the end of our season. 

Not saying don't make the change ....but don't blow smoke and try to convince us that some new coach (as yet unknown) is going to break that string against what looks like a couple of the top tier SEC coaches.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Top-ten team, still a shot at the playoffs in November, so let's fire the coach, right? We have some fans with weird ideas on here.

The only thing that matters is the final results. Last prior to the UGA game, weren't we one of the hottest teams in college football? #8 going into the UGA game, then we ended the season 0-3 and ranked #23.  Auburn ranked #6 coming into 2015 season. Ends up 7-6 and unranked at end of the year. In 2014, after starting the season ranked #6 and as high as #2, ends up on a three-game losing streak and ends the season ranked #23. 

You do a very good job of spinning stuff, but AU has been considered a top ten squad the last three years now based on the respect the media has been given us.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

probably not but then again, changing coaches and staff....and starting from scratch?   Just thinking that you are probably setting up to lose next year too...especially since the market for football coaches is pretty tight now and guess I'm wondering how a new coach is gonna come in and handle the two or three established programs that we find at the end of our season. 

Not saying don't make the change ....but don't blow smoke and try to convince us that some new coach (as yet unknown) is going to break that string against what looks like a couple of the top tier SEC coaches.

It has to start sometime. You have to stop the bleeding. If he stays after losing to bammer and uga this year, he will be a huge lame duck coach. You know it, I know it and so does everyone else....including recruits. 

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IF Gus loses to georgia and bama again AND we keep him? This will set back recruiting for at least 2 years maybe more. He would have to have a unbelievable great 2018 season which is highly unlikely because we play at georgia and bama.

Out of curiosity how many years does the next guy get?

Gus loses both games and we fire him. Recruiting is set back for one year due to that most likely. Then the new coach in year 1 and 2 goes 7 and whatever and is 0-4 against Alabama and Georgia. Are you firing him?

What is your standards, expectations, and timeline for a new coach if Gus is fired?

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Gus loses both games and we fire him. Recruiting is set back for one year due to that most likely. Then the new coach in year 1 and 2 goes 7 and whatever and is 0-4 against Alabama and Georgia. Are you firing him?

What is your standards, expectations, and timeline for a new coach if Gus is fired?

I thought football was just entertainment for you and you didn't care about this stuff? 

@GwillMac6

You really shouldn't even waste your time answering this guy

4 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

If there is one thing that is guaranteed at Auburn recently is that a new guy will come in and have instant success. You give him however long it takes to prove he does or does not have it. There is no standard time. You usually can pinpoint the exact time frame when you know if a coach will be good or not. When I knew Gus was just not the man for the job was 2015 against Georgia. I have never seen such a inept gameplan in my life. We basically rolled out the red carpet and did everything possible to give Georgia that game. A BAD georgia team by the way. Yes richt has had worse records than that georgia team but that was his worst team talent wise I can remember. It was embarrassing.  By the way recruiting took off when we fired Chiz. It gives you a shot in the arm. We closed strong that first recruiting class with gus. Changing coaches does not mean recruiting will suffer.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I thought football was just entertainment for you and you didn't care about this stuff? 

@GwillMac6

You really shouldn't even waste your time answering this guy

Is this the same guy?! I really had no idea. Thanks for the pro tip fam.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have no problem changing coaches. I would have fired him after Clemson last year. Well, probably not, but would have wanted to. 

Just now, DAG said:

The Walking Dead is entertainment, I like discussing it with people. Not gonna end my world if the show is cancelled.

Why not answer the question? What are the timelines and expectations for the new coach.

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I thought you said you weren't impressed with Kirby Smart and UGA, now you are saying he looks like a Top Tier coach?! This is what I mean. The spin zone.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I totally disagree. We will be the most attractive job on the market. We are set up for success sooner than any other job that will most likely come open. A potential new coach will do a evaluation of our talent and go wow! I can win right away with this group. Having Stidham for 1 and even potentially 2 years will be really attractive. Florida imo is going to have a tough time attracting a guy that a school of that stature normally would attract because they are GUTTED talent wise. That is a total rebuild. A new coach knows he will lose badly the first 2 years at least. How much time will florida give him to get the ship righted? Auburn is looking more like how zook left florida when they went out and got meyer. The cupboard is stocked full. A guy could win a sec title in a couple of years if not his first year.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

The Walking Dead is entertainment, I like discussing it with people. Not gonna end my world if the show is cancelled.

Why not answer the question? What are the timelines and expectations for the new coach.

Why would I discuss something that I am passionate about with someone who doesn't give a hoot about it? Waste of time. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

a good chance of winning sounds like some moral victory crap that would fly at ole miss or miss st. THIS IS AUBURN!!! we want to play for championships and WIN not champions of like like that PE teacher at rocky top.

lol did you even read what I said? How many teams can honestly go toe to toe with UGA and Bama in back to back weeks and win with their back up? It would be one thing if we had gotten blown out in the previous 6 matchup with UGA/Bama. That I could understand. But 5 out of those 6 games have come down to either injuries or 1-2 plays. This year we have our starting QB for once. However considering how conservative Gus has been in big games lately, who knows what'll happen. 

50-50 proposition.....do we get a coach like smart? Or one like jones?  That’s probably about the odds and one is as likely to happen as the other. It’s a huge roll of the dice.....when chizik was fired it was easy. We were getting stomped every game.  This is a much harder call and to put a huge decision like that on whether or not he can beat the top two teams in the country in a three week period,  is incredible. I get the past is inexcusable but now we are asking the near impossible in the here and now because of what happened in the past. It’s a conundrum?

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

50-50 proposition.....do we get a coach like smart? Or one like jones?  That’s probably about the odds and one is as likely to happen as the other. It’s a huge roll of the dice.....when chizik was fired it was easy. We were getting stomped every game.  This is a much harder call and to put a huge decision like that on whether or not he can beat the top two teams in the country in a three week period,  is incredible. I get the past is inexcusable but now we are asking the near impossible in the here and now because of what happened in the past. It’s a conundrum?

It shouldn't be. We have the horses to puddle stomp uga and bammer too. Coaching is LACKING. I also think we need a better S&C coordinator.

Archived