Nate Craig-Myers

tigeraddikt

This thread is not to unfairly criticize or bash NCM. He's playing a lot of snaps but not getting many targets at all. I saw him whiff on a couple edge blocks yesterday that blew up the plays. However, I have to think he's doing something right to garner the playing time. What are y'all's thoughts on his performance? 

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

This thread is not to unfairly criticize or bash NCM. He's playing a lot of snaps but not getting many targets at all. I saw him whiff on a couple edge blocks yesterday that blew up the plays. However, I have to think he's doing something right to garner the playing time. What are y'all's thoughts on his performance? 

I saw him miss several blocks like you did. Not sure why not targets . He’s big fast and physical. Maybe the other  receivers are playing that much better

Hastings has somewhat gone cold since the LSU game as well. It could just be that the other recovers like Slayton and Davis are getting separation. Slayton has emerged as our star receiver down the field. I don’t think there’s much to take away from NCM ability, it’s just the other players are stepping up and getting separation. 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I saw him miss several blocks like you did. Not sure why not targets . He’s big fast and physical. Maybe the other  receivers are playing that much better

IMO, the bolded part answers the question of why he is not being targeted.  Gus seems to have certain priorities for meanful playing time.  If you are a WR, you have to block on the edge, if you do this well you get targeted.

The next to last offenseive play, I believe Malik Miller, carried the ball and fumbled.  We got it back, but MM was unusually upset because, IMO, one of Gus’ tenets is do not turn the ball over.

Cox has improved over the year with his blocking, maybe NCM will burst on the scene next season.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

IMO, the bolded part answers the question of why he is not being targeted.  Gus seems to have certain priorities for meanful playing time.  If you are a WR, you have to block on the edge, if you do this well you get targeted.

The next to last offenseive play, I believe Malik Miller, carried the ball and fumbled.  We got it back, but MM was unusually upset because, IMO, one of Gus’ tenets is do not turn the ball over.

Cox has improved over the year with his blocking, maybe NCM will burst on the scene next season.

NCM been blocking all season wym. 

5 minutes ago, Jfsmoncrief said:

NCM been blocking all season wym. 

Ok, what’s wym?  The point I was making is that NCM has been blocking all season and hasn’t been targeted much.  It could be his lack of effective blocking that could be the cause for his lack of targets.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, what’s wym?  The point I was making is that NCM has been blocking all season and hasn’t been targeted much.  It could be his lack of effective blocking that could be the cause for his lack of targets.

That doesn't make much sense at all. Sure yesterday may have been an off day blocking, but he has been on the field. If he had not been blocking all season, he wouldn't be on the field. I can guarantee you that if Gus had an issue with his blocking ability, he wouldn't see the field. Gus won't have someone out there who can't block and tell Jarrett not to target him. I'm sorry, your point just doesn't make sense. 

The issue is that Davis and Slayton have stepped up and have gotten open. NCM, while my favorite player on our roster, simply hasn't gotten open, or he hasn't earned Jarretts trust. 

Whatever it is, it's not the fact Gus let's him see the field to be a weak blocker while telling Jarrett not to target him.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

BTW wym means what [do] you mean

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Have our genius beat reporters asked Gus during a PC?

If so, it would sound something like... Nate has had a great week of practice and we think we will get big things out of him. 

I am pretty sure NCM had a tad of a limp and that can affect blocking and cutting on routes.  You really had to be looking for it and I was.  At the game, I was solely looking for injuries and the health for our players.  I even missed some plays because of it.  

Archived