Men vs. uat

WarTiger

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crap.  Auburn falls 76-71.  A game we really didn't play that well but we couldn't finish this one.   On to Georgia and still the best record in the league.

It just wasn't Auburn's night tonight. Too many missed free throws and neither Harper nor Heron had good games at all. They need to regroup and be ready for Georgia. 

I was dead wrong about tonight's game. Not having Sexton made them better imo bc they spread the ball around better. Petty shooting out of his mind and the weird, disjointed 2nd half effort coupled by costly missed FTs were the daggers. Had to lose sometime, just hate that it was to los turdos.

Like someone who said earlier, it’s hard enough to lose, but to your in-state rival that will have an average season at best?  Let’s hope they even this series up at home.  Winning games like this this is what separates you from being good to being great.

Of all teams...it sucks it had to be the turds that ended our winning streak. Lack of size down low and turnovers killed us tonight. Also, it didn't really seem like we had much energy tonight until around the 7 - 8 minute mark. It will be a good learning experience. Time to start another streak.

Hope Coach Pearl uses this as a teaching moment as we go forward. 

Also, guys need to practice free throws and get their mojo back

Missed some critical free throws and we have to figure out how to score when the opposing D plays backpack man-to-man.

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

FTs and mentally taking uat lightly without Sexton. 

That's what it felt like to me too. Going through the motions much of the game and expecting to turn it on later. No way we should've let the kid Petty go off the way he did. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK how this comes down to belittling Alabama mentally for lack of Sexton. We didn’t look like we underestimated them at any point, they just worn us down handily and we couldn’t make the shots that mattered 

Agree....the style of play favored bama's bigs.......physically overpowered our guys inside and got away with some pretty rough play.....and when they finally started calling the fouls we could not take advantage of it.    We weren't gonna win them all.....just hat to lose at bama but when Sexton had his hot streak we had nothing to counter it with.   Could have won the game at the FT line.....but did not do it....

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I do NOT know what you mean. It's a pretty sorry thing to say about a team that fights as hard as these kids do. They play with 100% effort every game. They DESERVE fan support win or lose.

Lol ok. You know the saying in certain situations where if you can't convert a 4th and inches in a critical juncture in the game that you don't deserve to win it because of how short the distance is? FTs are gifts. Has literally nothing to do with the support lol.

If you've seen my posts over the years here during the bball forum and game threads you will know support has never been lacking on my end. 

Archived