Men vs. uat

WarTiger

I hate this...a lot.  But I really dislike seeing the expressions on the faces in the crowd.  Those people hate us; all of us.  They all look evil.  They do not deserve that win  

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Agree....the style of play favored bama's bigs.......physically overpowered our guys inside and got away with some pretty rough play.....and when they finally started calling the fouls we could not take advantage of it.    We weren't gonna win them all.....just hat to lose at bama but when Sexton had his hot streak we had nothing to counter it with.   Could have won the game at the FT line.....but did not do it....

pretty much summed it up. they missed free throws, and the style of play that the officials allowed favored Alabama big time

1 minute ago, TigerJeep said:

I hate this...a lot.  But I really dislike seeing the expressions on the faces in the crowd.  Those people hate us; all of us.  They all look evil.  They do not deserve that win  

well you have to realize that's the same crowd that you would see of the NASCAR race or a wrestling match

Just now, Tiger said:

Lol ok. You know the saying in certain situations where if you can't convert a 4th and inches in a critical and juncture in the game that you don't deserve to win it because of how short the distance is? FTs are gifts. Has literally nothing to do with the support lol.

If you've seen my posts over the years here during the bball forum and game threads you will know support has never been lacking on my end. 

Do you even understand what it means? Apparently you don't. But it's a cheap shot and it shows a complete lack of comprehension. I'm done with this conversation.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

well you have to realize that's the same crowd that you would see of the NASCAR race or a wrestling match

Or Jerry Springer.  

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

pretty much summed it up. they missed free throws, and the style of play that the officials allowed favored Alabama big time

That does not surprise me one bit.

Poorly played, poorly executed game.  But, there's no better adversity than watching your hated rival beat you without there best player to see how you respond as a team.  It's an L that tastes very bad right now, but hopefully it's a coachable L and gets the team focused for the rest of the season.  All their goals are still ahead of them.  Time to show this was an anomaly on Saturday afternoon.  Hope it's sold out and loud.  These boys need a good home game to refresh them.  WDE

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol ok. You know the saying in certain situations where if you can't convert a 4th and inches in a critical juncture in the game that you don't deserve to win it because of how short the distance is? FTs are gifts. Has literally nothing to do with the support lol.

If you've seen my posts over the years here during the bball forum and game threads you will know support has never been lacking on my end. 

I know what you mean and feel that way about lots of sports.  Happens all the time where a team doesn’t have it and didn’t do what they needed to.  i.e. doesn’t deserve it.  I thought it was a common enough saying in sports.

not sure why you got jumped on.  I feel, often, that we deserve wins that we don’t end up getting.  We deserved many wins in baseball last year and didn’t get them.  The last couple of losses in the tourney last year come to mind.

i didn’t watch enough of the basketball game to have an opinion.  By the sound of my daughter, who did watch the first part of the second half ... she pretty much agreed with you.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Do you even understand what it means? Apparently you don't. But it's a cheap shot and it shows a complete lack of comprehension. I'm done with this conversation.

Zoicks!!

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You seem nice.  You're taking his comments way too literal here.  In sports, the description he gave makes 100% sense and is a common use of the term.

For example: remember the 2011 game against Utah State?  Auburn really didn't deserve to win that game.  Utah State kicked our butts up one side of the field and down the other.  A fortuitous bounce gave AU the win on the onside kick.  It doesn't diminish the player effort by any means.

And I'm with Tiger.  We didn't deserve to win tonight.  Make free throws and we win.  Shooting 64% from the line doesn't cut it and deserves a loss.  Doesn't mean we're taking away from the effort.  Just means we should not have won (and we didn't).

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

But, there's no better adversity than watching your hated rival beat you without there best player to see how you respond as a team.

True, but we’ve been without two of our best players all season. Stinks that the streak ends against bammer, but I’ve been amazed at what Pearl and this team have accomplished so far.

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

True, but we’ve been without two of our best players all season. Stinks that the streak ends against bammer, but I’ve been amazed at what Pearl and this team have accomplished so far.

Oh, no doubt.  Pearl's a wizard.  This loss means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  The team still holds its destiny with regards to an SEC championship (still feels weird typing this about our BASKETBALL team...awesome nonetheless)  and an NCAA berth.  18-0 in conference was never going to happen.  They just can't let this L beat them again Saturday night.  Some tough games coming up the next six weeks.  Need to rack up on the home ones.  

What an awful game!!!

no breaks, shots just wouldn’t fall (even free throws), all our stars cold on the same night, bad officiating (several bad calls both ways), just ugly basketball.  

Now that that is out of our system, let’s go win 14 more in a row!

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You seem nice.  You're taking his comments way too literal here.  In sports, the description he gave makes 100% sense and is a common use of the term.

For example: remember the 2011 game against Utah State?  Auburn really didn't deserve to win that game.  Utah State kicked our butts up one side of the field and down the other.  A fortuitous bounce gave AU the win on the onside kick.  It doesn't diminish the player effort by any means.

And I'm with Tiger.  We didn't deserve to win tonight.  Make free throws and we win.  Shooting 64% from the line doesn't cut it and deserves a loss.  Doesn't mean we're taking away from the effort.  Just means we should not have won (and we didn't).

No need to talk down to me. I know exactly what he meant. It's a trash expression and this Auburn team does not warrant that attitude. bammer was not great at the line either. It was just one of those games. 

9 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

and us without ours

yeah ours aren’t comin back, tho...

sexton will play next time... he’s good for 15-20, on a bad shooting night.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just.  Beat.  UGA.  That’s all I want.  

tough match up, unfortunately...

maten is the truth.

Archived