#ReleaseTheMemo

WDG

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not an agenda.  For instance, the NYT reported a story on Hillary protecting a man in her campaign who sexually harassed a woman also on the campaign staff.  I believe they are reporting the story accurately.  The NYT also reported on Trump planning to fire Mueller until his counsel threatened to quit.  I believe they reported that accurately as well.  I don't discount stories simply because they come from ritually impure sources.  I know what the NYT is and while it is a left-biased newspaper, it's not fake news.  That's just petty bull**** Trumpettes use to deflect criticism.

When did they report the Clinton story Titan? Yeah, they reported it on a Friday........  A news dump to make sure it wouldn't get a lot of attention.And right on cue some of the major networks ignored it. ABC and NBC both didn't report on the Hilary story on Friday. How convenient...........

When did they report the Trump/Mueller story? On Thursday. The day before the Clinton story. You honestly don't believe that some of the networks and news outlets like the NYT don't intentionally report stories in a certain fashion to get their agenda across do you? 

I'm pretty sure they've been sitting on the Clinton story for a while but chose to report it AFTER they reported the Trump/Mueller story to lessen the impact and coverage.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I have a light baseball cap— heavier than your brain, though.

85902508.jpg

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not an agenda.  For instance, the NYT reported a story on Hillary protecting a man in her campaign who sexually harassed a woman also on the campaign staff.  I believe they are reporting the story accurately.  The NYT also reported on Trump planning to fire Mueller until his counsel threatened to quit.  I believe they reported that accurately as well.  I don't discount stories simply because they come from ritually impure sources.  I know what the NYT is and while it is a left-biased newspaper, it's not fake news.  That's just petty bull**** Trumpettes use to deflect criticism.

NO!! The NYT said Trump ordered him fired. There is a big difference between planning/considering it and ordering it. But the Trump haters  will say that's nitpicking. Now that's pitiful BS.

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

baseball caps are great Tex. and light.

trump.jpg

I have one and wear it all the time. 95% of the comments I get are "I love that hat." Best part is he is doing it and driving the Trump haters bananas trying to refute it.

6 hours ago, japantiger said:

Brad, read the words from your own posts...all that has been "confirmed" by another reporter (dubious use of the word) is Trump considered it and "some" of the details have been confirmed....so basically nothing beyond what was already known and reported....having other reporters "confirm some of the details" from other unnamed sources I hope is not your normal standard for evidence or how you make conclusions.

Brad, I think everyone understands how journalism works...it ain't a big mystery.   I always go back to Obama's golden boy and read his words anytime I have my doubts “All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus,” he said. “Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.”

In the last two weeks, we've seen stories that two of Trump's cabinet leaders were on their way out the door....from the NYT, all from unnamed sources; corroborated across multiple outlets....funny, both are still there and everyone that is actually involved says anyone reporting this is a damn liar.  Quit trying to justify outright lies from this group of "unqualified to do anything" reporters who think it is their job to bring down Trump...Obama and his aides understood the press and used them to get their way.  

Masterful obfuscation.  ;)

24 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have one and wear it all the time. 95% of the comments I get are "I love that hat." Best part is he is doing it and driving the Trump haters bananas trying to refute it.

You should get out of the state occasionally.  

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You should get out of the state occasionally.  

Perhaps you should get out of your little space and meet real people Brother Homer. Quit reading Huff PO and Vox all day. There is a real world full of good out there.

42 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

NO!! The NYT said Trump ordered him fired. There is a big difference between planning/considering it and ordering it. But the Trump haters  will say that's nitpicking. Now that's pitiful BS.

nothing wrong with President Trump considering firing Mueller..... 

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

When did they report the Clinton story Titan? Yeah, they reported it on a Friday........  A news dump to make sure it wouldn't get a lot of attention.And right on cue some of the major networks ignored it. ABC and NBC both didn't report on the Hilary story on Friday. How convenient...........

When did they report the Trump/Mueller story? On Thursday. The day before the Clinton story. You honestly don't believe that some of the networks and news outlets like the NYT don't intentionally report stories in a certain fashion to get their agenda across do you? 

I'm pretty sure they've been sitting on the Clinton story for a while but chose to report it AFTER they reported the Trump/Mueller story to lessen the impact and coverage.

The Clinton story minimized the attention on Thursday’s story. 

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Perhaps you should get out of your little space and meet real people Brother Homer. Quit reading Huff PO and Vox all day. There is a real world full of good out there.

:-\    At least you made PT happy.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not for folks who love them some autocrats— like you.

what is wrong with the consideration Tex? Have you ever ever considered anything then have someone change your opinion? I doubt with your all knowing heavyweight brain but many of us underling types have.

stated early on in this thread that it no big deal. mueller was not fired end of day. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:03 PM, WDG said:
Trump ordered Mueller fired is the latest distraction tool of the democrats.
The 50,000 Strzok and Page messages, and the bombshell memo are about to forever change our gov't.
They're desperate.
start tweeting
#ReleaseTheMemo

Even now, only 3559 signees.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You're nitpicking the NYT over a phrasing that was my fault.  He "ordered" him fired but evidently hadn't communicated that to Mueller yet, so in that sense it hadn't yet happened.  He backed down when his counsel threatened to quit.  It's a distinction without any meaningful difference.

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Translation:  Ok, so they are reporting it accurately just like you said, Titan.  So I'll move the goalposts to nitpick about when they reported it.

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So what prevented one of your preferred sources from getting these stories before the NYT and reporting them earlier?  

Look, I already said the NYT has a leftward bias.  And I'm sure that affects the timing of some stories.  But of course, that wasn't what was being argued.  It was that the entire report was unreliable because it was the NYT.  No attempt to engage the facts of the article or refute them, just dismiss it out of hand because they didn't like the news reported and it wasn't Fox.

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The left doesn’t think it’s on their side. There’s ample evidence to support that view.

Again, I'm using the rating given by Media Bias Check.  They rate the NYT as having "left-center bias."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

We disagree. I'm good with that.

In this forum, it isn't enough.  You will get called out on it any time I see it if all you offer as a rebuttal to something is to essentially yell 'FAKE NEWS' because you don't like the source.  

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In this forum, it isn't enough.  You will get called out on it any time I see it if all you offer as a rebuttal to something is to essentially yell 'FAKE NEWS' because you don't like the source.  

Liking or disliking a source was irrelevant to my comment. NYT had to retract multiple stories for false reporting. I didn't say they were Fake News, other media outlets did. I simply stated they could ovoid the label if they refrained from the practice. 

I am quite certain you are not saying don't report facts, but to be quite honest, I don't know what you are saying?

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Liking or disliking a source was irrelevant to my comment. NYT had to retract multiple stories for false reporting. I didn't say they were Fake News, other media outlets did. I simply stated they could ovoid the label if they refrained from the practice. 

I am quite certain you are not saying don't report facts, but to be quite honest, I don't know what you are saying?

You jumped in on this by responding to my comment which WAS about dismissing a story simply because it's news you don't want to hear and you don't like the source, otherwise known as shooting the messenger.  Such a response, devoid of any demonstration that what they said was actually false, is weak.  It's making excuses or whatever other phrase you'd like to use for "I don't have an actual rebuttal so I'll snark about something else to avoid the unpleasantness of the message."

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Translation:  Ok, so they are reporting it accurately just like you said, Titan.  So I'll move the goalposts to nitpick about when they reported it.

But the media have actively engaged in a feud with Donald Trump. Do you think it's responsible of the media to do everything they can to tear down political figures they don't like but shield political allies at the expense of the public? They want to control the narrative and decide what is important and what is less important to report. I think it does matter............

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So what prevented one of your preferred sources from getting these stories before the NYT and reporting them earlier?  

Look, I already said the NYT has a leftward bias.  And I'm sure that affects the timing of some stories.  But of course, that wasn't what was being argued.  It was that the entire report was unreliable because it was the NYT.  No attempt to engage the facts of the article or refute them, just dismiss it out of hand because they didn't like the news reported and it wasn't Fox.

I'd argue that liberal media outlets have more possible dirt on the Clinton's for the simple fact of having more access than say FOX News or some other conservative outlet. This wouldn't be the first time a liberal news organization has sat on a damaging story about Hilary Clinton.

NBC has sat on the full tape interview of Juanita Broadderick since 1999:

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/153307-nbc-refusing-to-release-full-juanita-broaddrick-interview/

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You jumped in on this by responding to my comment which WAS about dismissing a story simply because it's news you don't want to hear and you don't like the source, otherwise known as shooting the messenger.  Such a response, devoid of any demonstration that what they said was actually false, is weak.  It's making excuses or whatever other phrase you'd like to use for "I don't have an actual rebuttal so I'll snark about something else to avoid the unpleasantness of the message."

64 made a factual statement I agreed with. I stated as much and stand by it. You call it an excuse. Fine.

We will never agree on this and you run the forum. I'll bow out. Have a good night. 

Archived