#ReleaseTheMemo

WDG

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's molehill mountaineering at its finest. 

OK. I'll go back to CNN.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

OK. I'll go back to CNN.

Could do better, but still better than what you usually peruse. ;)

Just now, AUDub said:

Could do better, but still better than what you usually peruse. ;)

That you think your partisan sourcing is superior is laughable.  Lets simply agree that there is partisan divide over the issue. Facts will emerge. Hopefully, truth follows shortly thereafter.

David French's piece. 

http://amp.nationalreview.com/article/456063/nunes-memo-big-flaw-confirms-new-york-times-story?__twitter_impression=true

Think he nailed it. Not quite sure what the Rs were thinking here. The myth of the memo was a far more effective cudgel than the memo itself. 

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That you think your partisan sourcing is superior is laughable.  Lets simply agree that there is partisan divide over the issue. Facts will emerge. Hopefully, truth follows shortly thereafter.

Ever read Asimov's "Relativity of Wrong?" 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

He isn't wrong. 

@TitanTiger or BB... hypothetically what are yall's thoughts on this (and I know it calls for a lot of assumption, just bear with me).... Could the judge who issued the FISA warrant be a witness, in secret (which is permitted in court), in regards to the extent to which the dossier played a role in the issuance of said FISA? I am not all to familiar with judges as witnesses - especially considering all of the interested parties at play in this scenario. 

Asking b/c I've gathered that each of you posses a quality amount of legal knowledge. I'd like to think I do as well, but I can't answer the hypo off the top of my head. 

42 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

@TitanTiger or BB... hypothetically what are yall's thoughts on this (and I know it calls for a lot of assumption, just bear with me).... Could the judge who issued the FISA warrant be a witness, in secret (which is permitted in court), in regards to the extent to which the dossier played a role in the issuance of said FISA? I am not all to familiar with judges as witnesses - especially considering all of the interested parties at play in this scenario. 

Asking b/c I've gathered that each of you posses a quality amount of legal knowledge. I'd like to think I do as well, but I can't answer the hypo off the top of my head. 

I mean, as long as they aren’t presiding over the case, nothing really precludes the judges from testifying before congress or in court. The question is, to what end? Wouldn’t be one. 

“Why did you approve this warrant?”

”We believed there was probable cause a crime had been commited.”

The end. 

I would like to see the warrant applications declassified.

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ever read Asimov's "Relativity of Wrong?" 

Viewed excerpts years ago. Why do you ask?

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Viewed excerpts years ago. Why do you ask?

There are degrees of wrongness. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I mean, as long as they aren’t presiding over the case, nothing really precludes the judges from testifying before congress or in court. The question is, to what end? Wouldn’t be one. 

“Why did you approve this warrant?”

”We believed there was probable cause a crime had been commited.”

The end. 

I would like to see the warrant applications declassified.

These courts rely on honesty and forthrightness. Can you succinctly state they had all available information to make their determination?

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

These courts rely on honesty and forthrightness. Can you succinctly state they had all available information to make their determination?

Why else would I have said "I would like to see the warrant applications declassified."

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Why else would I have said "I would like to see the warrant applications declassified."

Perhaps I misinterpreted your response to Nola. As mentioned earlier today, i think the courts testimony is needed. Hope we are on the same page.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps I misinterpreted your response to Nola. As mentioned earlier today, i think the courts testimony is needed. Hope we are on the same page.

We are. Just don’t get why some are acting like this is some earth shattering revelation from the memo. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We are. Just don’t get why some are acting like this is some earth shattering revelation from the memo. 

Agree. We've unofficially known about these details for some time. 

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Agree. We've unofficially known about these details for some time. 

It exposes some really goofy flaws in the way we classify stuff. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It exposes some really goofy flaws in the way we classify stuff. 

"Classified" has a whole new meaning these days.

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

"Likewise, the memo does not explicitly acknowledge a previous FISA application that’s been reported against Page as far back as 2014, possibly set up because he was being actively recruitedby Russian spies who subsequently were expelled or imprisoned."

If that's the case, and it was known by Nunes et al, all of the HIC Republican postures of shock and woe have been nothing but cynical, political showmanship, also known as bull****.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And yet people are still buying everything he is selling.

Underlying evidence, while intriguing, may be irrelevant if this point is proven:

The memo pointed out that in December 2017, then FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe testified that “no surveillance warrant would have been sought” from the FISA court “without the Steele dossier information.”

Archived