#ReleaseTheMemo

WDG

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Of course it's on me. You are never wrong.

You need a new tactic.  This one has worn itself out and garners you no sympathy.  You need to learn how to better articulate your ideas and quit pitching a fit when someone pokes holes in the logic.

Maybe the politics forum isn't the place for you.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You need a new tactic.  This one has worn itself out and garners you no sympathy.  You need to learn how to better articulate your ideas and quit pitching a fit when someone pokes holes in the logic.

Maybe the politics forum isn't the place for you.

I'm not looking for sympathy and now you revert to being insulting. I will only add.....another mod on the board is a very close friend and says you are sometimes hard to  communicate with in person. Let's face it , neither of us know each other in person so that can lead to false impressions. I am in Auburn, you are 60 miles away in Montgomery. I have offered before to drive over and have lunch with you. I did that once before with a poster here and we became good friends. Balls in your court.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm not looking for sympathy and now you revert to being insulting.

I'm indeed insulting your arguments. 

I will only add.....another mod on the board is a very close friend and says you are sometimes hard to communicate with in person.

And I'll add, numerous other members of this board and multiple mods have feelings regarding your style around here that aren't much different than mine.  So what?

Let's face it , neither of us know each other in person so that can lead to false impressions. I am in Auburn, you are 60 miles away in Montgomery. I have offered before to drive over and have lunch with you. I did that once before with a poster here and we became good friends. Balls in your court.

I don't mind having lunch with anyone, PT.  But that doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade.  When you make weak arguments, or are being inconsistent, I will call you out on it. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't mind having lunch with anyone, PT.  But that doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade.  When you make weak arguments, or are being inconsistent, I will call you out on it. 

I don't mind anyone calling a spade a spade but that is in the eye of the caller who I respect if they are open to rebuttal w/o antagonism. I admire Trump for calling a spade a spade but you don't like it. I readily admit that I don't always agree with him or often his tone. You might try understanding my opinions w/o putting them down so adamantly. If not I guess I will just try to refrain from responding to you. I think I hear cheering from the forum.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't mind anyone calling a spade a spade but that is in the eye of the caller who I respect if they are open to rebuttal w/o antagonism. I admire Trump for calling a spade a spade but you don't like it. I readily admit that I don't always agree with him or often his tone. You might try understanding my opinions w/o putting them down so adamantly. If not I guess I will just try to refrain from responding to you. I think I hear cheering from the forum.

I'm curious, on what do you disagree with Trump? 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, WDG said:

Looks like release of the memo is imminent. For the life of me I can't understand why the Dems are so adamant about not releasing it. They keep bending their spears over something the people want. Is there anyone here who doesn't want to see it? Release the dang thing and let the American people decide!!!!

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looks like release of the memo is imminent. For the life of me I can't understand why the Dems are so adamant about not releasing it. Release the dang thing and let the American people decide!!!!

From all the quotes I've seen their reason seems to be that the memo is "a misleading set of talking points attacking the FBI" (Newsweek citation of HIC Democrats) and the DOJ believes it improperly reveals classified information to the public.

20 minutes ago, HVAU said:

From all the quotes I've seen their reason seems to be that the memo is "a misleading set of talking points attacking the FBI" (Newsweek citation of HIC Democrats) and the DOJ believes it improperly reveals classified information to the public.

My understanding is very different. It supposedly addresses the issue of FISA warrants and whether they were abused by the Obama administration.  The GOP has supported the FISA procedure but when it is abused in a "big  brother" way it becomes a dangerous thing. The DEMs were opposed to it not too long ago. The GOP guys refute the classified info bit. So maybe we shall see. For sure transparency and accountability are ways to help restore public confidence in out gov't.

46 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looks like release of the memo is imminent. For the life of me I can't understand why the Dems are so adamant about not releasing it. They keep bending their spears over something the people want. Is there anyone here who doesn't want to see it? Release the dang thing and let the American people decide!!!!

The stated reasons concern security.  (Trump's) justice department has expressed the same concerns.

And let's not forget, this memo was written by Nunes.  Democrats proposed a similar memo, presumably to provide a counter-perspective to the Nunes memo, but it was rejected along party lines.  So perhaps we should release that memo as well and "let the American people decide".

Whatever trouble Trump may or may not be in, this effort by his extreme supporters to discredit the FBI will be seen as shameful by the majority of the American people. 

But Putin must be having paroxysms of gratification.

* GOP BASE REALLY WANTS THAT MEMO OUT: The Post reports that even Republicans are divided on whether the Nunes memo really proves what it is supposed to prove, but in the end, the truth may not matter:

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) suggested the memo would be explosive: “We get this memo out there, and people will see, the fix was in.” Another Republican who has seen it said it might not be the smoking gun conservatives have described. Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) said that while he has gotten more phone calls from constituents on the document than he did on the government shutdown, he largely attributed that uproar to cable news coverage of it.

More phone calls than on the shutdown! Conservative media has whipped up a huge frenzy, and those media sources will similarly spin the memo as a scandal no matter what’s in it.

* REPUBLICANS DON’T WANT FACTS ON NUNES MEMO: During last night’s skirmishing around the Nunes memo, this also happened:

Democrats tried unsuccessfully on Monday to push forward a motion for the F.B.I. and the Justice Department to brief the entire House in a private session on that material before the release of the Republican memo so that they could make a more informed judgment about its contents.

But Republicans don’t want to make an “informed judgment about its contents,” they want to use cherry-picked info to bolster their alt-narrative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/01/30/gops-new-tactic-to-protect-trump-from-mueller-is-a-transparent-ruse/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.2d517344352e

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

The stated reasons concern security.  (Trump's) justice department has expressed the same concerns.

And let's not forget, this memo was written by Nunes.  Democrats proposed a similar memo, presumably to provide a counter-perspective to the Nunes memo, but it was rejected along party lines.  So perhaps we should release that memo as well and "let the American people decide".

Whatever trouble Trump may or may not be in, this effort by his extreme supporters to discredit the FBI will be seen as shameful by the majority of the American people. 

But Putin must be having paroxysms of gratification.

Three things...

• your point on the Democrat memo is factually incorrect.  What was rejected was the immediate release without review; like the Chairmans memo went thru.  The dem's wanted to directly release the memo before being reviewed by the committee, congress, having a vote afterwards and then submitting for Admin review....the dem's now need to go thru the normal order process (so who bets they just leak it?)...
  • the DOJ is the one that is being called on the carpet in the memo...gee, shocked that they would object....isn't it funny that after seeing the memo the FBI Director fired the guy that he had supposedly threatened to resign if Trump fired....I wonder why?  Hey, let's release the memo and we all get to find out....
  • And yet, still not one single piece of evidence put forward of collusion.....so, if Vlad  is having paroxysms, it must be from bathing shirtless in the lake at his Dacha in the Russian winter ...

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Three things...

• your point on the Democrat memo is factually incorrect.  What was rejected was the immediate release without review; like the Chairmans memo went thru.  The dem's wanted to directly release the memo before being reviewed by the committee, congress, having a vote afterwards and then submitting for Admin review....the dem's now need to go thru the normal order process (so who bets they just leak it?)...
  • the DOJ is the one that is being called on the carpet in the memo...gee, shocked that they would object....isn't it funny that after seeing the memo the FBI Director fired the guy that he had supposedly threatened to resign if Trump fired....I wonder why?  Hey, let's release the memo and we all get to find out....
  • And yet, still not one single piece of evidence put forward of collusion.....so, if Vlad  is having paroxysms, it must be from bathing shirtless in the lake at his Dacha in the Russian winter ...

• In other words, the Democrats proposed to do exactly what Nunes wanted to do.  And if there are going to be "contesting memos" coming coming from one committee, they should be released simultaneously.  No one remembers corrections after the fact.
  • The DOJ is only one of four different agencies that have a say regarding the potential security risks.  (But you demonstrate make my point regarding non-contested accusations by assuming they are guilty.)  
  • Collusion aside, Putin is having paroxysms because Trump is president instead of Hillary.  It's exactly the outcome he wanted, for reasons that should be obvious.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

• In other words, the Democrats proposed to do exactly what Nunes wanted to do.  And if there are going to be "contesting memos" coming coming from one committee, they should be released simultaneously.  No one remembers corrections after the fact.
  • The DOJ is only one of four different agencies that have a say regarding the potential security risks.  (But you demonstrate make my point regarding non-contested accusations by assuming they are guilty.)  
  • Collusion aside, Putin is having paroxysms because Trump is president instead of Hillary.  It's exactly the outcome he wanted, for reasons that should be obvious.

Homey, if the Dems wanted something released they could have gotten off their ass and produced it at the same time...the R memo has been circulating for weeks...you're just pissed because you're losing the real battle and the PR battle.  As for security risks, read the responses from those that saw it over the weekend...no innacuracies and constructed such that no S&Ms released....either way, i am sure the Republic will survive with Congress and the President exercising their duly granted constitutional authority....sort of how it is supposed to work.  And lastly,  you must be drinking or a victim of the opioid epidemic.   In what world would putin not rather have a Democrat in charge?  

9 hours ago, japantiger said:

Homey, if the Dems wanted something released they could have gotten off their ass and produced it at the same time...the R memo has been circulating for weeks...you're just pissed because you're losing the real battle and the PR battle.  As for security risks, read the responses from those that saw it over the weekend...no innacuracies and constructed such that no S&Ms released....either way, i am sure the Republic will survive with Congress and the President exercising their duly granted constitutional authority....sort of how it is supposed to work.  And lastly,  you must be drinking or a victim of the opioid epidemic.   In what world would putin not rather have a Democrat in charge?  

In other words, the Democrats should have "gotten off their ass" to put together a piece of propaganda to push a false narrative.

And like I said, I hope this thing is released.  Nunce is a wacko and Republicans have a penchant for over-playing their hand.

And you really need to do your homework concerning Putin "preferring the Democrats".  He absolutely hated Clinton and Obama both because they called him out on his own fraudulent electoral activities.  Trump - on the other hand - is someone who is literally in debt to the Russians.  They own him.  This is common knowledge.  Wake up and pull your head out. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/clinton-putin-226153

Why Putin hates Hillary

Behind the allegations of a Russian hack of the DNC is the Kremlin leader's fury at Clinton for challenging the fairness of Russian elections.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8qbbdx/why-putin-hates-clinton-and-helped-trump-win

Why Putin Hates Clinton and Helped Trump Win

An expert in US-Russia relations explains how we got to where we are today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-39334757/putin-hates-clinton-and-other-things-fbi-knows-about-russia

'Putin hates Clinton' and other things FBI knows about Russia

There's lots more on this if you're smart enough to look.

I’m a Republican. Why Is My Party Gaslighting America?

On 1/27/2018 at 4:21 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Doesn't appear many were duped, but millions of Americans would like the memo's released. Why not? What's to hide? 

Lose the tinfoil hat Tex. This ain't about Putin. 

That’s why his bots were pushing #releasethememo so hard on Twitter. Putin’s your Daddy.

14 hours ago, japantiger said:

The Republican FBI Director appointed by tRUmp says its inaccurate. It’s a propaganda piece. Putin sends his thanks for your abiding loyalty.

54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I sure don't see that having some concerns is BS. There seems to be some differing sources or something because yesterday the FBI supposedly said they found nothing in the memo that wasn't factual. Yesterday those who didn't want it released were citing classified info concerns. Now this on CNN. What will it be tomorrow.............release of the memo I hope. What say you?

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I sure don't see that having some concerns is BS. There seems to be some differing sources or something because yesterday the FBI supposedly said they found nothing in the memo that wasn't factual. Yesterday those who didn't want it released were citing classified info concerns. Now this on CNN. What will it be tomorrow.............release of the memo I hope. What say you?

CNN's report is merely about the FBI statement released publicly today by Director Wray.  I fully expect Trump to declassify this.  However, this is the FBI Director (appointed by Trump) directly coming out and saying if the memo is released, it will include a lot of potentially inaccurate info.  This quote from the FBI statement should bother anyone who cares about truth:

"...we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy."

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

CNN's report is merely about the FBI statement released publicly today by Director Wray.  I fully expect Trump to declassify this.  However, this is the FBI Director (appointed by Trump) directly coming out and saying if the memo is released, it will include a lot of potentially inaccurate info.  This quote from the FBI statement should bother anyone who cares about truth:

"...we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy."

But yesterday we had this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

And last night praised Wray. So who do we believe?  "If there are "material omissions" put them in and release the revised memo. Would you object to that?

Now here is a FACT.......iut's happy hour in Auburn so see ya later gator.....er. I mean Tiger. WDE:beer2:

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s why his bots were pushing #releasethememo so hard on Twitter. Putin’s your Daddy.

Grumpy baby.jpg

42 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

But yesterday we had this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

And last night praised Wray. So who do we believe?  "If there are "material omissions" put them in and release the revised memo. Would you object to that?

Now here is a FACT.......iut's happy hour in Auburn so see ya later gator.....er. I mean Tiger. WDE:beer2:

I have no objections to fully vetted, factual based information being released if it does not hurt our country's interest internationally or with regard to security.

I also have no objection to happy hour!

Archived