Auburn over the last 25 years, FWIW

AUsince72

Don't know this site, so TIFWIW, but it showed up in my Google feed and I thought it interesting.  AU football is in pretty good company.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/05/18/top-25-college-football-programs-of-the-last-25-years/amp/

#9 AUBURN TIGERS

National Titles: 1 (2010)

Top 10 Finishes: 7

Top 25 Finishes: 16

Record since 1993: 212-101-1 (.677)

Auburn hasn’t had the consistency of LSU, but has achieved similar or greater heights. It’s also a program that seems to churn through coaches, as four different head coaches have finished in the Top 4 in at least one season over the last 25 years.

War Eagle!

That is a pretty good summation IMHO. Auburn is an elite program that has not yet experienced consistent success.  

This is the reason I still cling to the ever so slight glimmer of hope that Gus can be the coach to get us there.  

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is the reason I still cling to the ever so slight glimmer of hope that Gus can be the coach to get us there.

I'm more inclined to cling to the hope that Greene is the AD who won't allow external influences to interfere with our coach running his program.

Gus has to get it started now if hes gonna ever do it....Bama is set at QB with the Tagooblers, LSU is rummaging through everybody else's depth charts for QBs and UGA...man.

With Stidham, a deep RB chart and the best DL run talent wise we've ever had, Gus has to make power moves occur now 

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

It’s also a program that seems to churn through coaches, as four different head coaches have finished in the Top 4 in at least one season over the last 25 years.

Or you could say ,It's a program were a good coach can win big, as four different head coaches have finished in the top 4 in at least once over the last 25 years.

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That is a pretty good summation IMHO. Auburn is an elite program that has not yet experienced consistent success.  

Preach, Preacher!

28 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Or you could say ,It's a program were a good coach can win big, as four different head coaches have finished in the top 4 in at least once over the last 25 years.

Excellent point. It's almost as if coaches *should* win at Auburn.

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Auburn hasn’t had the consistency of LSU, but has achieved similar or greater heights. It’s also a program that seems to churn through coaches, as four different head coaches have finished in the Top 4 in at least one season over the last 25 years.

Churn through coaches? Compared to who, the rest of the teams on the list. :laugh:

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Churn through coaches? Compared to who, the rest of the teams on the list. :laugh:

True That!!

Particularly imoressive about AU’s success, is having to do it while not being the state school and sharing a state with UAT, and being surrounded by UF and UGA. A slight uptick in consistency and we go to a whole other level. WDE!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Preach, Preacher!

Excellent point. It's almost as if coaches *should* win at Auburn.

If Eugene Chizik of all the coaches we have had can win a National Championship at Auburn?! Well then........ ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would put him Behind Dye, Tubs, Gus and Bowden out of all the Head Coaches  AU has hired since Dye. 

kg.gif

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Eugene Chizik of all the coaches we have had can win a National Championship at Auburn?! Well then........ ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would put him Behind Dye, Tubs, Gus and Bowden out of all the Head Coaches  AU has hired since Dye. 

kg.gif

True. If only those guys had a Cam. At least one had a Bo.

On the other hand, we tend to not go through long (consecutive) stretches of losing seasons like Texas has recently, and Oklahoma did in the '90s.

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

On the other hand, we tend to not go through long (consecutive) stretches of losing seasons like Texas has recently, and Oklahoma did in the '90s.

That can be lost in our discussions (sometimes great gnashing of teeth) is that the PTB at Auburn has done a great job to ensure that we have not had to suffer through actual losing seasons.  7-5 is a "bad year" for Auburn.  That's something to be proud of.

War Eagle.

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That can be lost in our discussions (sometimes great gnashing of teeth) is that the PTB at Auburn has done a great job to ensure that we have not had to suffer through actual losing seasons.  7-5 is a "bad year" for Auburn.  That's something to be proud of.

War Eagle.

That is a bad year for any school who is one of the better programs of all time. I say Auburn is still way to accepting of such records. 9-3 to most schools who we compare ourselves to is a down year. I want us to take a couple more levels and steps to get to that point.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is a bad year for any school who is one of the better program of all time. I say Auburn is still way to accepting of such records. 9-3 to most schools who we compare ourselves to is a down year. I want us to take a couple more levels and steps to get to that point.

I don't disagree with your statement either.  But I'm being Mr. Sunshine.  Seriously, what you said is true but I was (poorly) trying to agree with the other poster regarding Auburn not having losing streaks.  There are big time programs who have gone through very long crap periods.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't disagree with your statement either.  But I'm being Mr. Sunshine.  Seriously, what you said is true but I was (poorly) trying to agree with the other poster regarding Auburn not having losing streaks.  There are big time programs who have gone through very long crap periods.

Glad we are back on some common ground 72! I completely agree.  You are one of the posters who give or  take some I agree with most of your posts! YESS!!! I was worried we were going to have a falling out! haha. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Glad we are back on some common ground 72! I completely agree.  You are one of the posters who give or a take some I agree with most of your posts! YESS!!! I was worried we were going to have a falling out! haha. 

Falling out?!?! NEVER!!!

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Falling out?!?! NEVER!!!

giphy.gif

brothers.gif

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

kg.gif

BONUS LIKES ?????for using this gif. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

I take issue with that poll. Sure, Bama has one everything for the past 10 years. But the 15 years before that they were trash. Ohio State or LSU should be #1, in my opinion.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:58 PM, McLoofus said:

True. If only those guys had a Cam. At least one had a Bo.

A Nick Fairley didn't hurt either lol

Archived