Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

49 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why would Kingsberry being there matter? Not questioning it, just wondering what the big deal is. 

Consider the sources....some seem to put the worst face on about everything Gus or Auburn related. Who knows? :dunno:

Guess Kingsbury could follow Brown but he's been a HC a couple times and going as OC to a basketball school where football is almost an afterthought?    Gotta say that he will have some far better options available to him. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gotcha. Hmm, I'd like to know why it's such a big deal for Bryant that Kingsberry is going to be at UNC

Easy & logical really. KB #1 desire in his transfer is he wants to be developed as a passer. KK has a lot of experience passing the ball.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Easy & logical really. KB #1 desire in his transfer is he wants to be developed as a passer. KK has a lot of experience passing the ball.

KK coached Patrick Mahomes as well

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

KK coached Patrick Mahomes as well

So what...consider what UNC will be like and he has one year and has to beat out two decent QBs who will  be returning and the team is likely going nowhere.  If he wants to get into a throwing offense, just randomly pick a team in the Big 12 and to there......    

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So what...consider what UNC will be like and he has one year and has to beat out two decent QBs who will  be returning and the team is likely going nowhere.  If he wants to get into a throwing offense, just randomly pick a team in the Big 12 and to there......    

So what ? It’s the possible mvp on the nfl that KK had a huge influence over . It means something to KB , maybe not us. Other than that you are right 💯  . Unc is a few years away from a decent team for the acc. 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s the possible mvp on the nfl

Only if my boy Drew Brees gets hurt or sputters down the stretch.

@ellitor who is Bryant’s main recruiter? I’m sure Gus is very involved, but do you think these rumors from yesterday effect Bryant’s decision? 

(Apologize if already answered)

Hope Auburn makes a decision soon one way or another, makes public statement  or this could be an awkward visit. 

14 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

@ellitor who is Bryant’s main recruiter? I’m sure Gus is very involved, but do you think these rumors from yesterday effect Bryant’s decision? 

(Apologize if already answered)

Hope Auburn makes a decision soon one way or another, makes public statement  or this could be an awkward visit. 

@bmartin3228 different answers for you than I posted yesterday

1. Gus has taken the reigns on KB, especially since KB plans to commit this coming Tuesday right after his OV to AU.. 2. As long as Gus is HC I don't think so. KB would only be here 1 year as is.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

1. Gus has taken the reigns on KB, especially since KB plans to commit this coming Tuesday right after his OV to AU.. 2. As long as Gus is HC I don't think so. KB would only be here 1 year as is.

KB visit should be stress free since its been such a boring news week in Auburn football

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

KB visit should be stress free since its been such a boring news week in Auburn football

Yep! Gus has been his normal self-assured, aloof self on the trail this week.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep! Gus has been his normal self-assured, aloof self on the trail this week.

Naive also.

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

There's an 80% chance Gus is here in 2019. 

Which means an 80% chance I'll be sick in the Fall from the first football game til basketball starts on the first Friday of next November.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Which means an 80% chance I'll be sick in the Fall from the first football game til basketball starts on the first Friday of next November.

I believe you will have company. Oregon is going to be happy from the get go. 

I want Gus to go and will be very surprised if things work out after the events of the last few days. And while I don't think next year will be an SEC title or 10 win season I do believe that even if Gus stays and he brings in the right OC we can be very good. Our Def. will still be good and we have skill players on Off. we just need the O'line to step up which I hope will happen with a new O'line coach and OC. My fear now if Gus stays is that we will lose some top shelf recruits. Before the last couple of days I thought if they fired Gus that we would lose these recruits but now if he stays he will be a lame duck and every team will use it against us. My guess if he stays is that they dropped the ball and let it leak that they were going to get Stoops then it didn't work out for some reason. Either way at this point since they have left this dangling the AD's office has royally screwed this up.     

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thank you ,.... There's still a chance

57 minutes ago, bg5 said:

if Gus stays and he brings in the right OC we can be very good.

Doesn't matter if the OC is good if Gus doesn't listen to him & let him do his job as has been the case through his entire career.

59 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Our Def. will still be good

Depends on which, if any, draft eligible players return & how well other players develop. I'm like GWill in expecting a drop off on D next season.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

let it leak that they were going to get Stoops then it didn't work out for some reason.

Could have easily been a Gus supporter that let the leak on Stoops out knowing such leaks kills any chance of it happening in most cases.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

the AD's office has royally screwed this up.

Nope. The President has messed this up. Gus would not be here now if ADAG was making the call.

9 hours ago, bg5 said:

I do believe that even if Gus stays and he brings in the right OC we can be very good.

I think the idea of an OC calling plays is the problem. Gus should go back to play calling, it's what he does best. Fisher, Mullen, Riley and dozens of other head coaches that came up on the offensive side call their own plays. It worked better here when Gus was calling his own plays. I'd like to see us go back to that. "Steve Spurrier approves this message".

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think the idea of an OC calling plays is the problem. Gus should go back to play calling, it's what he does best. Fisher, Mullen, Riley and dozens of other head coaches that came up on the offensive side call their own plays. It worked better here when Gus was calling his own plays. I'd like to see us go back to that. "Steve Spurrier approves this message".

There are a few things he needs to do If he does.

1.  He needs to relinquish control of his QBs. He needs to bring in a proven QB developer and not interfere with him.

2. He needs to understand that a football field is 53 1/3 yards wide and it really is okay to use ALL of it.

3. He needs to understand that defenses aren't static and he can adjust his plays and play calling accordingly.

4. He needs to understand that audibles are there to help get out if bad situations.

5. He needs to remember, it's okay to stay aggressive, it's okay to run  up the score a little, and it's okay to try and score going into half.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

2. He needs to understand that a football field is 53 1/3 yards wide and it really is okay to use all of it.

AMEN TO THIS^^^^^

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are a few things he needs to do If he does.

1.  He needs to relinquish control of his QBs. He needs to bring in a proven QB developer and not interfere with him.

2. He needs to understand that a football field is 53 1/3 yards wide and it really is okay to use ALL of it.

3. He needs to understand that defenses aren't static and he can adjust his plays and play calling accordingly.

4. He needs to understand that audibles are there to help get out if bad situations.

5. He needs to remember, it's okay to stay aggressive, it's okay to run  up the score a little, and it's okay to try and score going into half.

Not sure any of these are going to happen. But good insight.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Doesn't matter if the OC is good if Gus doesn't listen to him & let him do his job as has been the case through his entire career.

Depends on which, if any, draft eligible players return & how well other players develop. I'm like GWill in expecting a drop off on D next season.

Could have easily been a Gus supporter that let the leak on Stoops out knowing such leaks kills any chance of it happening in most cases.

Nope. The President has messed this up. Gus would not be here now if ADAG was making the call.

So Greene is a King without a country. If the Prez is going to make the calls for him then I would think he might not be long to Auburn.

53 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Not sure any of these are going to happen. But good insight.

He's not too shabby for a Bird brain huh.

Archived