Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Exactly . How many teams were vying for NM service when he came to Auburn? If he is the right fit for our team, than whose to complain?

Can you imagine what Nick Marshall could have done of he was around and at WVU in the Pat White days under then Rich-Rod O? OMG! Would have played for a natty for sure & may have won it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Can you imagine what Nick Marshall could have done of he was around and at WVU in the Pat White days under then Rich-Rod O? OMG! Would have played for a natty for sure & may have won it.

Seems like he did play for a Natty and nothing of his doing his team lost because of special teams miscues and mistackles on defense.  Weird melt.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Exactly . How many teams were vying for NM service when he came to Auburn? If he is the right fit for our team, than whose to complain?

You forget after and during 2014 that our such knowledgeable fans were calling for JJ6 to replace NM after a couple games because JJ6 was going to be a better passer because they saw how good he was in high school lol.  

On 11/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, AUFriction said:

I seriously doubt Bryant is coming here. He left Clemson because he was no longer guaranteed a starting position. He wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting position at Auburn either. Stidham has not announced whether he’s coming back. Even if Stidham does leave, there will be 4 quarterbacks fighting for the starting job (5 if you count Bryant). That’s hardly good odds for getting a starting position. He’s going to go somewhere that’s really hurting for an adequate QB.

Im betting he ends up at Mississippi State or Arkansas.

I dont think any QB should think they cant beat out Gatewood, Willis, Sandberg and Nix. You should quit football if you're semi successful and dont believe in yourself that much 

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You forget after and during 2014 that our such knowledgeable fans were calling for JJ6 to replace NM after a couple games because JJ6 was going to be a better passer because they saw how good he was in high school lol.  

We never learn.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Seems like he did play for a Natty and nothing of his doing his team lost because of special teams miscues and mistackles on defense.  Weird melt.

You know I know he played for the Natty. Regardless I was just saying as good as he was for us he would insanely good at WVU in that Rich-Rod O because it fit him even better than our O did. He would have put up video game numbers given his arm & legs & would have won the Heisman if he were around in the Pat White days under Rich-Rod. Specifically the year they lost the last game of the regular season that knocked them out of the natty game.

Early reports Fedora is out at UNC.  Should help us just not sure Bryant wants to come to the same style offense.  I think the transition would be good for him but he probably need to go to a throwing school if he wants to go to the NFL.   So we will see how it plays out

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Early reports Fedora is out at UNC.  Should help us just not sure Bryant wants to come to the same style offense.  I think the transition would be good for him but he probably need to go to a throwing school if he wants to go to the NFL.   So we will see how it plays out

He will go to Mizzou. We will get beat out by Derek Dooley for a recruit lol. #goodtimesbreh. But seriously that is where he should go if he wants to go to a pass heavy system.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will go to Mizzou. We will get beat out by Derek Dooley for a recruit lol. #goodtimesbreh. But seriously that is where he should go if he wants to go to a pass heavy system.

I like Bryant experience but I don’t think he puts us at championship level.  So I’m good either way he decides.  I wish we’d find a thumper running back GT to go with Boobee and Worm that wants to run the ball 20 times a game.  We have talent on the team but very inexperienced 

Just now, corchjay said:

I like Bryant experience but I don’t think he puts us at championship level.  So I’m good either way he decides.  I wish we’d find a thumper running back GT to go with Boobee and Worm that wants to run the ball 20 times a game.  We have talent on the team but very inexperienced 

I agree he is a good stop gap QB but def not a game changer. We need elite OL transfers more than anything. Next season will go the same as this one if that does not upgrade.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree he is a good stop gap QB but def not a game changer. We need elite OL transfers more than anything. Next season will go the same as this one if that does not upgrade.

Im assuming we finish with 4 freshman lineman and 1 GT lineman.  

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Does UNC losing their HC help us any?

Speaking from absolutely no actual information, yes. I would imagine the lack of certainty all but eliminates NC. 

Well the OLine looked better yesterday so maybe he sees progress. Lol

11 hours ago, around4ever said:

Did Bryant watch any of our games this year?   Why in the world would he even consider joining our offense?  

because he wants to play out his eligibility. He got beat out at clempson by an 18 year old kid. if he comes here its because he was convinced he will be the man.

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I have to agree. Oddly enough it might have been the best they’ve looked all year.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

because he wants to play out his eligibility. He got beat out at clempson by an 18 year old kid. if he comes here its because he was convinced he will be the man.

One thing I’m glad I don’t have to deal with in coaching wresting. The starter is determined by who wins in a “wrestle off” match. No bias, no bs, no if ands or buts.

Picking starters can be so subjective at times. Anyways, I still think KB is a stud and barring Stid staying I don’t think anyone on our roster beats him out. Even if Bo Nix were better, Gus would never start him over KB. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He will be the man in a dumpster fire of an offense that just destroyed a promising QB that transferred in.  

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

This . Against a Clemson type front they move the pile consistently. They moved the line fine against Alabama . Against a bad team they get flat mashed 

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

He will be the man in a dumpster fire of an offense that just destroyed a promising QB that transferred in.  

That's a QB that stands on the sideline laughing and cracking jokes while we are trailing UGA in the second half. I don't now how much can be one with that type personality, arm talent not withstanding.

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Speaking from absolutely no actual information, yes. I would imagine the lack of certainty all but eliminates NC. 

Looks like Bryant is going to North Carolina. Kingsberry is going to be the new OC. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looks like Bryant is going to North Carolina. Kingsberry is going to be the new OC. 

Didn't they just fire Fedora? Kliff new OC at AU or NC?

Archived