Allen Greene comments

Auburn Kev

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

“And we’ll continue the grind.”

”process”

Gus is obviously safe. 

He is not at the point of saying anything yet but he did not say Gus was safe. In fact he does mention that boosters don’t have to tell him they aren’t happy he understands their disappointment. As I said earlier it’s not a done deal. I suspect if Gus can pull out a 7-5 or better he might not get fired this year. Anything worse and I don’t think he survives.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, there are other ways to give non comittal answers. You only pointed out the extreme. He could’ve just said “we will continue to evaluate things” and that would’ve been an acceptable non committal answer. “Process”, “we”, etc sounds like Gus is going no where.

Sounded more to me as "we're going to let Gus make some changes and see where he's at later". In other words let this maddening "process " run its course this year.

15 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

That is what he was hired to do. Not pussyfoot around an answer to be politically correct. Especially as he didn't give the idiotic contract.

He was hired to run an Athletic Department.  Part of that requires some deft skills at giving non-answers.  Ask yourself this.  As a coach, would you want to work for a guy that threw the previous coach under the proverbial bus in front of the media?  

21 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I use "we" all the time and it's just an easy way to lump a group of persons in together doesn't mean anything other than that.

“We will continue the grind” and “process” aren’t non committal answers.

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've read a lot of your posts on the situation and know there's no changing your mind

I’m not asking to change your mind either fwiw. 

18 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

That is what he was hired to do. Not pussyfoot around an answer to be politically correct. Especially as he didn't give the idiotic contract.

You clearly never been in a position of leadership if you think that.

Would’ve liked to have heard at least something about accountability; obviously that is not going to happen!

See what Oklahoma did after they lost to Texas. No pussyfooting around there.

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Would’ve liked to have heard at least something about accountability; obviously that is not going to happen!

Umm Gus is the head coach . He needs to be the one firing coordinators. 

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I would like to think that Gus being held accountable is implied with he and Greene's weekly meeting. Maybe I'm wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Meh. I've heard stronger statements of support. 

If an AD has to come out to the media and offer any sort of public support to a coach, I assume that coach is on a very short leash.

Edit: I hope AD Greene is here for a long time. Handled Leath vs Bruce nicely and won. I also think he won this flashpoint too. There is nothing good that comes from an AD destroying a current coach to the media.

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

You guys act like Gus ruined your weekend.

4 hours of it at least 😂

Just now, selias said:

If an AD has to come out to the media and offer any sort of public support to a coach, I assume that coach is on a very short leash.

I hope you're right. TBF he was asked a direct question about Gus.  It's not like this was an unsolicited statement of support.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

∆∆∆ This.

It's never good when a member of the PTB has to come out and verbally support the HC.

I thought it was a classy response...I mean what would else would he say? He can't just be like, "Yeah, he sucks as a coach, and I'm firing him at the end of the season."

As AD Greene said. The coaches know the expectations and leave it at that . Don’t show your hand. Don’t make a rash emotional statement or decision . Let it play out.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Umm Gus is the head coach . He needs to be the one firing coordinators. 

And has that happened? Why should it when you have the full support of our current athletic director.

Greene is giving the proper responses right out of the AD playbook, as well he should. He shouldn't be in the business of throwing any AU coach under the bus in public. It doesn't matter what he says to the media. The only thing that really matters is what is being said behind closed doors and that is where it belongs. 

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

And has that happened? Why should it when you have the full support of our current athletic director.

No it hasn’t happened . A lot of things hasn’t happened which is why Gus will be seeing his end and it won’t be pretty. Listen , based on your history on this topic, we already know you have a clear agenda against the current AD. Your anger is misplaced. You need to be mad at the HC, who hired the guy.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

A lot of things hasn’t happened which is why Gus will be seeing his end and it won’t be pretty.

Not until next year at the minimum. 

Perfectly legitimate Gus excuses: beat Washington, beat LSU only the SEC officials were not gonna let us win the game. Young inexperienced O-line got pretty beat up in those two games which has limited our offensive play since.

Inexcusable: Auburn loses to a Tennessee team at home which for three years is being outplayed by teams like, the state of Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Missouri etc. Lost to a Tennessee team that has not won an SEC game since 2016 and has not won an SEC road game since 2014. Completely inexcusable, and something “can be” said about that by the “AD” without throwing the coach on the bus.

Even something like: in our weekly talks, Gus understands this is not acceptable at AU! Or something like: Gus knows this is not the standard I expect, as the Auburn AD and he’s working every day to improve.

This would let the fan base know: Gus is being held accountable, the A/D is trusting but verifying everything etc... Instead, we get pussyfooting around.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

No it hasn’t happened . A lot of things hasn’t happened which is why Gus will be seeing his end and it won’t be pretty. Listen , based on your history on this topic, we already know you have a clear agenda against the current AD. Your anger is misplaced. You need to be mad at the HC, who hired the guy.

I’m confused by your response. Do you have me mixed up with someone else? 

Archived