Allen Greene comments

Auburn Kev

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:
4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I'm sure.  But looking at his statements against Greene's during that time, it sure seemed that Greene was more solidly behind Bruce than Leath was.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I interpreted it.

Wow twice in one day your correct again

He's my wrestling buddy so he's right quite often.;D

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Leath. This one will also be fascinating to watch. I'll put it this way. Greene is the only people out of the three that I'm 100% certain will be back next year. 

Don't toy with my emotions here. I'm pretty fragile right now ;)

14 minutes ago, selias said:

Don't toy with my emotions here. I'm pretty fragile right now ;)

0B36204D-E227-4246-80D5-9A6E8247B07D.gif

*ETA- My God, I think I have a sickness...it’s like I can’t help myself with the gif’s. Sorta like Gus and that quick snap, run up the middle after first down. I need an intervention.

So, reading this stuff about Leath (Iowa State scandal, stupid contract to Gus, etc).....

So WHO hired Leath? Sounds like whoever was involved in THAT decision are dumber than whoever agreed to Gus' contract.

Is AU run by fiscal morons?

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, reading this stuff about Leath (Iowa State scandal, stupid contract to Gus, etc).....

So WHO hired Leath? Sounds like whoever was involved in THAT decision are dumber than whoever agreed to Gus' contract.

Is AU run by fiscal morons?

Yes.

54 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Doesn't it go down after Dec 1

No the buyout right was 39 minus this year’s payment of 7 million. Actually after Dec 30 th it would be around 31.5 remember Gus gets paid monthly. So each month it’s going down. His 49 million was guaranteed for a minimum of 75% of the 49 or around 39 million so everything they pay him reduces that amount. Roughly 15 million in 30 days and the rest divided over 4 years. That’s what I’ve heard.

Hey guys, lets back this up just a bit.  Lets give Gus one more chance to turn this thing around. He has proven to be adaptable, and willing to change and evolve.  Gus is aware of all the issues on offense now so I feel confident he will get this fixed and we will win a couple we shouldn’t. The buyout is too high to fire him anyway.  Lets get behind this guy and trust that he will take Auburn to new heights in the future...........nah just kidding lets fire him... 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Leath's issues are bigger than Gus's contract extension. If he doesn't last it's not all sports related.

Link? I didn’t think rumors were allowed on this site. :)

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So...I guess there’s no way to know how this would affect our recruiting class...

Yes there is. We Would lose some commits and pick up others pending on who the new coaches would be.

24 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Link? I didn’t think rumors were allowed on this site. :)

Not a rumor & not reported as far as I know. Comes from trusted people.

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Would’ve liked to have heard at least something about accountability; obviously that is not going to happen!

See what Oklahoma did after they lost to Texas. No pussyfooting around there.

Lol that was 4 years of pussyfooting around. Heupel and Norvell took the fall cause Stoops wouldn't fire his brother. Stoops ran off Venebles due to his loyalty to his brother after he got fired from Arizona. Welcome back Mike, you are in full control again.

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He also said that he doesn't talk performance with Gus....😑 I don't care about rebuilding and losing recruits anymore. I just want him gone. Will be one of the happiest days of my life when it happens.

there's really nothing to talk performance wise with a guy who's been there as long as Gus and has the diplomatic immunity that contract brings him. he knows what's expected of him and that team, and the basis for grading success in that regard is "pass/fail". Gus certainly doesnt think he's being viewed in a passing light 

If I was the AD, Id only talk performance with a newbie coach who needs to be literally assisted with the rigors of a year at Auburn. any other time, I talk performance with boosters and the Board 

6 hours ago, keesler said:

The Louisiana Governor had to step in and stop that deal because of how bad the financial "optics" would appear to a state that was facing a funding crisis.  LSU's President and AD are a couple of boobs, every alum and fan will tell you the same.

Auburn has a new President and AD in place right now and WDE throws out the rumor that there's not guarantee our Pres retains his job all because the football team is having a rough year?  

I remember getting the emails about how there would be academic funding, that courses would be available etc etc from the university. There was a point to where even a Spring semester was in question due to funding. Several emergency action/reassurance emails were sent to students during that time period.

Just to toss this in, I keep people referring to numbers and accounts. Here is what we can at least see that is reported. Appears the buyouts would exceed our surplus over the previous 3 years so not sure why "money people" wouldn't have to pony up. Unless someone is saying there is a separate account with those donations sitting there waiting for this, which wouldn't surprise me. But athletic department wise this is what we have released:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/auburn_athletics_reveneue.html

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-athletics-reports-record-revenue-for-2017-fiscal-year-114231660/

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes there is. We Would lose some commits and pick up others pending on who the new coaches would be.

Well I meant more in terms of who would be most likely to leave and who might stay

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Numnuts

Well, it did get to nearly freezing last night while I was on the deck with a drink and a cigar so....yeah, they got a little numb :D

9 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I remember getting the emails about how there would be academic funding, that courses would be available etc etc from the university. There was a point to where even a Spring semester was in question due to funding. Several emergency action/reassurance emails were sent to students during that time period.

It was a cluster over there, F. King Alexander jumped on the soapbox stumping none stop to paint the ugliest picture possible of the bleak future of LSU academics if the State cut funding by even the smallest measure.  He threatened to cut faculty and dozens of majors offered and even went so far as to tell the public that LSU may not be able to field a football team because spring & summer classes would ultimately be cancelled with the faculty shortage.  He loved to plant the seed of "bankruptcy", it was all a scare tactic.  

Then the football Boosters, big $$ donors and the fan base are pissed because Les can't win at the level they felt he should (the man averaged 9-10/yr) they wanted Miles' head on a platter but his buyout at the time was $16mm + the cost of firing his staff......So the "optics" were tainted when the school President is threatening academic collapse while Athletics is about to fork out $25mm to can the coaching staff + another $7-9 mm to hire new coaches.

In order to fire Gus there’d  have be 2 parts: 1) paying off the $32m 2) getting a slam dunk upgrade coach. You wouldn’t make a never-been-done-at-that-scale, massive buyout  like that without a jimbo fisher’ish or bigger type move (you can’t go with a maybe/high-potential type. Risk, reward, chances stink). Point is that the bar’s been set $ wise with hiring jimbo fisher’s - and it’s massive. And very long term. When you add up what it would take to do both financially - the firing AND hiring - it might be cheaper to buy apple. 

Btw where’d the Ceo from apple graduate from😋

Archived