Allen Greene comments

Auburn Kev

So now we're turning on the AD because he didn't publicly berate Gus? Wow. Relax,  if anything...remember this, Greene is not a member of the GOBN. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m confused by your response. Do you have me mixed up with someone else? 

Maybe I do. I apologize . Nonetheless, you got to know he won’t throw Gus under the bus nor let the fan base know what goes on between the two. Just like Gus wouldn’t reveal his plans with his staff and would never throw his OC under the bus. I am pretty sure Lincoln Riley didn’t throw Stoops under the bus before he rightfully fired him.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe I do. I apologize . Nonetheless, you got to know he won’t throw Gus under the bus nor let the fan base know what goes on between the two. Just like Gus wouldn’t reveal his plans with his staff and would never throw his OC under the bus. I am pretty sure Lincoln Riley didn’t throw Stoops under the bus before he rightfully fired him.

I understand what you’re saying, I really do but I just think with our current situation, a stronger statement could’ve been made and I guess that’s what I was expecting.

Obviously I hope no one is expecting a public tongue lashing from athletic director to head coach; but after the Tennessee loss at home, even a slightly stronger statement could’ve been made. IMO

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

There is no way in Haitis Gus makes two more full year if he goes 5-7 or 6-6 next year. Lets see whats happens by the end of the year and if its what I expect he may even be gone this year as hard as that is to believe. 

I am not sure why it is so hard for people to believe that the guys that ponied up the money for the contract cannot afford to buy it out.  Mind numbing

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I am not sure why it is so hard for people to believe that the guys that ponied up the money for the contract cannot afford to buy it out.  Mind numbing

What proof do you have for your statement

Just now, auburnphan said:

a brain that functions above a 1st grade level

lol ok I am sold.

Gus is not going anywhere this year, you all need to understand that and get over it. 32 million plus the staffs buyouts and then 10 million for the new coaching staff is too much money; I don’t care how many deep pocket supporters we have, that’s too much money. 

Chip is going to be the sacrificial lamb and buy Gus another year or two, after that if there isn’t a 10 win season then he’s gone. 

35 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I understand what you’re saying, I really do but I just think with our current situation, a stronger statement could’ve been made and I guess that’s what I was expecting.

Obviously I hope no one is expecting a public tongue lashing from athletic director to head coach; but after the Tennessee loss at home, even a slightly stronger statement could’ve been made. IMO

I think Greene acknowledging that he understands the fan base and the frustrations, he's sitting there watching the same mess we're watching - that's a pretty strong statement.  JMHO

There's no way the PTB couldn't know how pissed the fans are right now.  I mean if the AU fans booing their own players didn't do enough Saturday afternoon then hearing freaking RockyTop blaring all over the joint iced the cake.  

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The guys that ponied up that money for the contract made an ill advised knee-jerk reaction to threats of bouncing for freaking Arkansas.  They're on the hook for this, why can't they be outed publicly?  

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Would’ve liked to have heard at least something about accountability; obviously that is not going to happen!

See what Oklahoma did after they lost to Texas. No pussyfooting around there.

That was the calm...........next comes the storm.

5 minutes ago, rophle said:

Gus is not going anywhere this year, you all need to understand that and get over it. 32 million plus the staffs buyouts and then 10 million for the new coaching staff is too much money; I don’t care how many deep pocket supporters we have, that’s too much money. 

Chip is going to be the sacrificial lamb and buy Gus another year or two, after that if there isn’t a 10 win season then he’s gone. 

But I thought Rhett was the sacrificial lamb. Wait...like deja vu huh? Seems we keep going down this same road.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

The guys that ponied up that money for the contract made an ill advised knee-jerk reaction to threats of bouncing for freaking Arkansas.  They're on the hook for this, why can't they be outed publicly?  

Future donations......

32 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The 'guys' obviously did not really 'pony up' anything if they are not in a position at ANY MOMENT to dismiss Gus for doing a lousy job and then pay him off accordingly. This is just common sense and it makes the 'guys' look really, really bad if not criminal.

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

But I thought Rhett was the sacrificial lamb. Wait...like deja vu huh? Seems we keep going down this same road.

1st. We just need a DC

2nd. We just need the right QB

3rd. We need to get rid of Rhett 

4th. Ending road 

that’s how I see it in this never ending story of Gus at Auburn.

Only when we get a definite "vote of confidence" from Greene on behalf will we know for certain that Gus is history.  

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Future donations......

Ahh, still gotta walk around on freaking eggshells with the $$ men behind the scenes?  They allegedly withheld $$ for years for facility upgrades because they didn't want Jacobs running the operations, and rather than can Jacobs they agreed to piece-mill the improvements little by little until Jacobs hung himself with how he handled the softball fiasco. 

Then the same $$ men encountered premature ejaculation when CGM kicked UGA/UAT's ass back to back and then proceeded to let Gus/Jimmy bend 'em over a barrel and have their way with them to the tune of this disastrous contract they're all now stuck with?  

This $#!t's too comical for words. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Ahh, still gotta walk around on freaking eggshells with the $$ men behind the scenes?  They allegedly withheld $$ for facility upgrades because they didn't want Jacobs running the operations, and rather than can Jacobs they agreed to piece-mill the improvements little by little until Jacobs hung himself with how he handled the softball fiasco. 

Then the same $$ men encountered premature ejaculation when CGM kicked UGA/UAT's ass back to back and then proceeded to let Gus/Jimmy bend 'em over a barrel and have their way with them to the tune of this disastrous contract they're all now stuck with?  

This $#!t's too comical for words. 

people don't always get rich by being smart..........JMO but the thought of a coach leaving Auburn football for Arkansas football was too much of an insult to face from their circle.   That one shocked me.

7 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

The 'guys' obviously did not really 'pony up' anything if they are not in a position at ANY MOMENT to dismiss Gus for doing a lousy job and then pay him off accordingly. This is just common sense and it makes the 'guys' look really, really bad if not criminal.

I'm with you on this on Chltte, how much did these guys actually have to "pony up" to get that contract approved and finally inked by the AU BOT/President?  And they somehow have to stay incognito when the crap hits the fan for fear that future donations will dissolve?  

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

people don't always get rich by being smart..........JMO but the thought of a coach leaving Auburn football for Arkansas football was too much of an insult to face from their circle.   That one shocked me.

So they wanted to swing their Johnson's around, throw some big $$ out there like high rollers............. regardless of what kind of a sling it put AU's ass in for years to come?

And how the hell did they get this past the BOT, the President and everyone else that had to sign off on this thing?

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

So they wanted to swing their Johnson's around, throw some big $$ out there like high rollers............. regardless of what kind of a sling it put AU's ass in for years to come?

And how the hell did they get this past the BOT, the President and everyone else that had to sign off on this thing?

what else makes sense, just my opinion?  The deal was beyond stupid when it happened.  Leath was all in from the get go, he negotiated it.  I am not gonna get into Leath, but his desire to be with the big guys is obvious.  In all honesty it really does not put our butt in a sling.

These guys got money to do whatever with.   It is like someone getting a new car and then a buddy needs to get a new car but in a larger scale.  It is done throughout our society.  Do laws get passed because it is best for everyone or because some very wealthy people spend millions to get it how they want?  Parents will donate to small club teams just to get their kid playing time.    $$$$$$$$ always talks .  That money does not come without strings either.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

what else makes sense, just my opinion?  The deal was beyond stupid when it happened.  Leath was all in from the get go, he negotiated it.  I am not gonna get into Leath, but his desire to be with the big guys is obvious.  In all honesty it really does not put our butt in a sling.

How does it not?  The buyout is astronomical at this point, and to clear the slate (which many say needs to happen) they'd have to buy out the current staff + conduct an extensive search to find another HC, pay him + his new staff to come on board.  You're tipping the $40mm mark at that point.   When have the Auburn people behind the scenes ever chosen to lay their balls on the line to that extent?  Those cats would have a harder time swallowing their pride along with having to choke down that kind of cash than they ever would've been because some mediocre AU HC left Auburn for an Arkansas job.  

For that buyout amount, Auburn's ass is in a sling as much as they are stuck with a HC that appears to be in over his head for this level of coaching.

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

These guys got money to do whatever with.   It is like someone getting a new car and then a buddy needs to get a new car but in a larger scale.  It is done throughout our society.  Do laws get passed because it is best for everyone or because some very wealthy people spend millions to get it how they want?  Parents will donate to small club teams just to get their kid playing time.    $$$$$$$$ always talks .  That money does not come without strings either.

Ehh, if the AU $$ men wanted to throw around cash on AU football like there's no tomorrow then why the hell does Auburn suck hind teet in facility upgrades? 

Why did they go discount bargain box with the hiring a 5-19 Gene Chizik or a HC with one yr coaching experience from Arky State? 

You make it sound like money is no object to these men, they got money to do whatever with........yet they are allowed to make huge decisions relative to AU football which has rendered this program to appear inept, incapable of any type of consistency for any length of time.:banghead:

Archived